Tracks in the Snow (Amber Leaf Trilogy, #1)

Tracks in the Snow (Amber Leaf Trilogy #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Early February 1942-Jo Bremley fears losing her husband to war, but by a cruel twist of fate he dies instead in a blinding snowstorm at the hands of her nemesis and his best friend, Tryg Howland. Now all she wants is her storybook world back. Left alone with her seven-year-old daughter, Jo takes in laundry to eke out a living. Meanwhile Tryg, the pride of the town with his...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Lamp Post Inc.

Lori
Tracks in the Snow is a lovely story I recommend reading. It offers gifts of insight and reflection that may clear a direction or support an activity in ones personal life. For that reason, reading Tracks in the Snow is my new holiday tradition. Last year's gift was a greater insight into forgiveness. I wonder what this year's present will be? I can't wait to read it again this December!
Jane Koland
Loved Tracks in the Snow. Wasn't sure about it when I started, felt it took a little to get into, but after becoming acquainted with the book, and its style, I couldn't put it down!
Great relationship book with lots of hard times to deal with. It felt real, with real people in real situations. There's a lesson in this book for all of us, and it is described very nicely.
Mayra

Amber Leaf, Minnesota, 1942.

In spite of the hardships of war, young Jo Bremley lives in considerable happiness with her husband and 7-year old daughter. Then one night, influenced by his best friend, Jo’s husband announces that he has decided to join the war. Before he gets a chance to, however, he’s the victim of a snowstorm accident. Now a young widow, Jo tries to make ends meet as best as she can by doing laundry for an establishment called O.M. Harrington.

During the year following her husban...more
Mary
This ended up being a very beautiful book with a great lesson to all of us. It is something I know I will pick up again someday and read over again. Although it moved slowly in some parts, it did not make me lose interest. Strong message about faith and family and forgiveness. Good read especially during the holiday season.
One big disappointment was that the actual book I received as a gift had blank pages starting with Chapter 34 for the first 5 pages of that chapter. Sort of had to improvise f...more
Jen
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Julie Dickerson
Julie Dickerson marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Joziat
Joziat marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Catherine Collie
Catherine Collie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Beth Lassas
Beth Lassas marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Sandra H.
Dec 13, 2012 Sandra H. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Kay
Kay added it
Dec 13, 2012
Cara Orban
Cara Orban marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2012
Anella
Anella marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
A Whisper on the Wind (Amber Leaf Trilogy, #3) Somewhere Between Raindrops (Amber Leaf Trilogy, #2)