Start by marking “Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters” as Want to Read:
Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters

Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters

What if joy were possible---right where you are? Inspiring hundreds of thousands of readers to wake to their own wondrous lives, the New York Times Bestseller, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, shares the journey of one woman facing her own hard, dark days and hidden fears, and stumbling straight into the answer of life's great riddle: How do yo ...more
Published March 17th 2012 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Selections from One Thousand Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selections from One Thousand Gifts

Erin
Jun 12, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
As soon as I received the book for review, I went to my nook on the front porch by the fountain and wind chimes where I have created a reading haven. I didn't leave that spot until I had read every page of Ann's book, twice. At one point, I even asked my 15 year old son if I could read a few pages to him. I wanted to tuck some of Ann's golden nuggets into his heart where he might keep them to pull out later for inspiration.

The first wonderful thing I noticed was that Ann included her own exquis
Nicole
Apr 21, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Refreshing. Challenging. And different :) I really liked it!!!
LeAnne
Feb 16, 2016 LeAnne rated it it was amazing
I dont usually go for coffee table books. My coffee table is for practical things like my tea mug and the book I am currently reading. I dont believe in dusting around decorations. But I was recently given a copy of Selections from One Thousand Gifts; Finding Joy in What Really Matters.

As someone who has kept a list of things for which I am thankful for several years, I find in Ann Voskamp a kindred spirit. I am a hunter of beauty, Ann writes (p. 53), and I move slow and keep eyes wide, every f
Cari
May 10, 2016 Cari rated it liked it
I would have liked this more if it hadn't warped into poetic-like language at certain points. I was looking for a more cohesive story, but it was still a nice, quick read.
Alyssa
Jan 09, 2013 Alyssa rated it liked it
I got this book in the mail today as a gift. The photography was beautiful, and the words had a soothing quality to them. It was wonderful to take a moment to consider that everything, especially the smallest things, is a gift of grace.

"If trust must be earned, hasn't God unequivocally earned our trust with the bark on the raw wounds, the thorns pressing into the brow, your name on the cracked lips? How will He not also graciously give us all things he deems best and right? He's already given th
Annette Rasp
Mar 23, 2016 Annette Rasp rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Would like to read the rest of them.
Yvonne
Jan 19, 2016 Yvonne added it
Lovely book about a woman's search for joy and gratitude.
AloysiusPamela
Jun 02, 2015 AloysiusPamela rated it it was amazing
Life a life full of joy, even through the trials
5 stars!
David Freudenburg
Mar 07, 2016 David Freudenburg rated it it was ok
Very short, rather bland, "hallmark-ish" selections from "One Thousand Gifts", along with some stunning, professional photography that could be on a calendar. The deep anguish and sorrow of the original book is absent from this small-sized hardcover abridgment. It might be a nice way to hook someone into the original book where they could then experience the power and depth of Ann Voskamp's writing. It is also a nice way to remember that book for us who have already read it.
Diana S
Jul 23, 2014 Diana S rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Inspiring, lovely photos, thought-provoking pages!
Donna
Sep 06, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The writing is beautiful and poetic and the pictures are stunning. I love the idea of a gratitude journal and writing down the things you are thankful for. It is too easy to only focus on the negative and in these days when everyone is always rushing through their days it is easy to forget to slow down to even see these gifts.
Joanne
May 09, 2012 Joanne rated it really liked it
Sweet selections and reflections on finding the grace and joy in everyday life and remembering to give thanks for it. The photography is stunning, definitely to be counted as a gift for this author. Beautiful work!
Abby Tamkin
Feb 20, 2015 Abby Tamkin rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I like the idea of looking for joy in your life, in practicing gratitude, but the language is too flowery and dramatic for me.
Pretty pictures.
Deanna Rinebolt
Oct 24, 2013 Deanna Rinebolt rated it it was amazing
A good gift book. Takes some of the best stuff out of the book and condenses it for those who aren't readers.
Carol
Sep 02, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
This book helps you to notice all of the blessings around you. I found it very comforting to read.
Sara Ponte
Apr 18, 2013 Sara Ponte rated it it was amazing
daily dose of euchresteo. a lack of doxology leads to depravity.
Abby Hicks
Jul 27, 2012 Abby Hicks rated it it was amazing
My go to gift for friends and family! Love!!!
Julie
Sep 08, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
great devotional book
Megan Greer
Megan Greer rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Mitsy
Mitsy marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Robin Lewis
Robin Lewis rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
desirae201
desirae201 marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Katie Wyatt
Katie Wyatt marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
MaryAnne Connor
MaryAnne Connor rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Crystal Brown
Crystal Brown rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
  • The Wedding Kiss
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • Paper Angels
  • Twice Promised (The Blue Willow Brides, #2)
  • Power for Living
  • Aprons on a Clothesline
  • Ellie's Haven (River of Hope, #2)
  • Beyond the Storm (Quilts of Love #1)
  • Family Patterns (Patchwork, #1)
  • A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California
  • Relentless Pursuit (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #3)
  • Mother of Pearl
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
  • Not This Time (Crossroads Crisis Center, #3)
  • Insignificant: Why You Matter in the Surprising Way God Is Changing the World
  • Beyond Molasses Creek
  • The Anniversary Waltz
Ann Voskamp's a farmer's wife, mama to 6 kids, & author of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (Zondervan). Everyday, she takes the wild dare. Right in the midst of her own and gritty grace-filled life. When the kids and the washing machine sleep, she washes her real dirt down with words and The Word. Some of her words find themselves in an award-winning series for cur ...more
More about Ann Voskamp...