Start by marking “Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories #2)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  815 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The sequel to the bestselling Kingdom Hearts manga series!

Sora, Donald, and Goofy continue their quest to rescue King Mickey and young Riku. But will they find them in time? And who is the strange Kairi look-alike that Sora sees in his vision? Could she be somehow connected to the shadowy "Organization"...or is she another lost soul in need of rescue? It's all inside this

Published February 13th 2007 by TokyoPop (first published April 22nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
407th out of 430 books — 312 voters
Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki NakamuraBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Manga read in 2012
88th out of 149 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Roxanne
Watanuki-kun
Shaxar
*wibble* Poor Vexen. Axel, you're such a jerk!

Anyways, real review. The best thing about this manga (and the one for 358/2 Days) is the extra characterization it adds. I love all the little bits of personality it gives to the characters, especially the Organization. (Zexion the supreme chef, har.) It's just so much fun. I also like how it handles the fights: the 'ha ha I was just testing you' battles against the Org. in the game were fine, but I like this better, where Sora and co. are legitimat
Holly Letson
I liked the *KH: Chain of Memories* series really well. I feel sad that I only have one of the mangas from the KH II series.
B
This was a game that was just meant to sell to Kingdom Hearts fans, but without really adding anything.

There are a lot of things that are thrown at the reader that make it seem like something is happening but it never seems to be consequential (who cares if a character introduced six panels ago is dead?)

And also the panels are too jerky. It's not generally clear what the pacing in the story is.

So, jumps around, has no weight . . . .
Pearl
I actually really really really like this one! Maybe it's because this is the only Kingdom Hearts game i did not fully play but that's because it was in gameboy when it came out but I'm too lazy to get the Re: COM on PS2... So you can base this review on a person that has never finished the actual game and red this this no back experience of playing COM (but I played the ALL the other games).
Anyway's I really got Namine's feelings towards in this. It gave me a new more detail on Sora as a person
Read this while starting up a new file on the Final Mix reboot. It's not all here, but it's funny and cute and gives enough information to those who don't want to deal with the card system the gameplay is based on, but want the story.
Naomi
Nov 26, 2008 Naomi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I had to have this book ever since I saw the cover. I love Riku, yes it's possible to think video game/manga characters are cute. And yes, he is super cute. I know most girls think that if you like a guy, no girl is good enough for him. I'm different, I want him to start dating in the Kingdom Hearts series, I'm sure he'd choose a great girl. Anyways, about the book, I found it a great second volume and a final volume to Chain of Memories. I even enjoyed the shorts at the end.
Fizzgig76
The story was developed from the Gameboy game which served as a bridge between the two PS2 games. This is the final part of the Chain of Memories storyline and leads into Kingdom Hearst II. Sora "remembers" Namine, the corruption of Organization XIII is revealed, and Riku is cloned to start the story.
Alex
Apr 29, 2007 Alex rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I like how this manga tied in with the game, but it should have been colored. I was disappointed by the lack of ANY Disney worlds, and how the battle were scarce and boring. The climax was lackluster. I only liked how it continues the story and gives more insight into these Organization XIII members.
George
Nov 03, 2008 George rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to George by: no one
Sora's story in Castle Oblivion comes to a close, now that Marluxia has been defeated. We go back a little bit to see Riku's ventures through the basement of Castle Oblivion. It's a very good showing of Riku's attitude and experiences. It explains more about his dark character.
Lluvia Almanza
This was my saving grace before Chain of Memories Re: was released for the PlayStation 2... Once I did play the game though, I realized how much information was missing from the manga. You sympathize so much with Namine in this series. I love this manga so much!
Markis Vidal
this book was awsome it was just like the gaming series. This is about A young hero named sora and hero named riku are in a strange castle, fighting unusual characters and trying to recover thier memories that an oganization stole from them
Corley
3.5.
I've only played a small portion of Re: Chain of Memories, but I know mos of the plot. The second volume, much longer than the first, wrapped up the story with a little bit too much of a rush, but hey, it's a manga adaptation.
Lorian Jones
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories #2) by Shiro Amano awesomestill luv this comicthis is the besti luv riku no matter wat he will always find lightXD ...more
Vivian Lam
In this book it is about a girl who loses her memories and not she is on the evil side and not the good side. Her friend tries to save her and tries to fight for her and get her memories back
Sabrina
Was not at all disappointing. I wish we'd seen Riku a bit more but other than that I have no complaints. I liked it just as much as Vol. 1. Now I need to go search for the next series...
Lea
I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan, but Chain of Memories is undoubtedly my favorite. Both books are great, but I like this cover the best because it has Riku on it! :D
704Matthew
I think this book was really good i am team riku and kingdom hearts 2 is the best kingdom hearts game of all time
Brynn
Love the manga! And the second volume was of course just as amazing as the first one, haha.
Steph
Jul 05, 2008 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I loved the manga version of the video game. The art was great, as is the storyline.
Blake Laughlin
it was good better than all of them but u nver know!!!!!!!!!
Emmaline
Zak
Mar 10, 2008 Zak rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kingdom hearts fans
This is an awsome book pluse its in a jepanees style but in english.
Chibeh-chan
LUV IT. :D but it's sad.. at the end.. really.
Mikaa
Apr 01, 2008 Mikaa rated it 5 of 5 stars
ok i havd the 2nd one too XD
Adam Griffin
BEST MANGA EVER.
Sarah added it
Nov 26, 2014
Imarainbow
Imarainbow is currently reading it
Nov 26, 2014
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Official Strategy Guide
  • Kingdom Hearts Official Strategy Guide (Signature Series)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 10 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #10)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 02
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Zelda, #8)
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 01
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4: Kaiba's Revenge (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #4)
Shiro Amano (天野 シロ, born January 4, 1976) is a Japanese manga artist who has worked on several projects, including his adaptation on the popular Kingdom Hearts series.
More about Shiro Amano...
Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 (Kingdom Hearts, #1) Kingdom Hearts II Volume 1 Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2) Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts, #3) Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 1

“Jimmy: When you die, I die
Sora: Wow, that's some serious relationship!”
24 likes