Start by marking “Soul Kissed (Moonstone Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Kissed (Moonstone Saga, #1)

Soul Kissed (Moonstone Saga #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  371 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Question: When your mother is a powerful witch and your father is a soul-sucking vampire, what does that make you? Answer: Cursed. With all the beauty and charm of a Siren, but cursed as a blood-sucking succubus, Empusa longs for love and a normal life. Neither of these can ever be hers, because the only thing she brings to anyone she loves is death. Em lingers in the mort ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Lakehouse Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Soul Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Kissed

Caro
Jan 08, 2012 Caro rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Those who read the Bloodstone Saga
The beauty of paranormal YA is that anything goes. As a writer, you have practically absolute freedom. As a reader, you can experience green skies, flying turtles, nice demons and instalove.

But wait - what about the last aspect? In the last years, Instalove (or the falling in love of two persons entirely unconnected with no apparent reason to like each other) has established itself as the main source of love for YA heroines and heros. Of course there are exceptions, though.
Why is that? I really
Kezia Goodman
Mar 21, 2016 Kezia Goodman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
I was pleasingly surprised by this tale, as the author said there isn't much known about Empusa's tail everything is vague and this allows the author to have free rein and run with it. And she did, it was an excellently woven tale of hardships and love, revenge and deceit set in the backdrop of greek myth!

The back story of Empusa was skillfully created allowing you to sympathize with her, as a victim, an overcomer, and a determined heroine! Of course what YA novel isn't complete without a sexy g
Melissa
Jan 02, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
**This is a review of a beta copy of Soul Kissed, so there may be some differences between what I have read and the finished product.**

I am a person who values my sleep. I need it. It is essential for my sanity. So I try to be a good girl when I read my books at night and not stay up all night reading them, no matter how much I might enjoy them. Well, all my hard work in trying to create good sleep patterns fell apart when I began this book yesterday evening. I simply could not put this book dow
Emma (BelleBooks)
Jan 09, 2012 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it it was amazing
First of all, just look at that cover! How gorgeous is that?! I am in love with this cover!!
Anyway....

Soul Kissed is book one in The Moonstone Saga by one of my favourite authors, Courtney Cole.
The Moonstone Saga is a spin-off series from her Bloodstone Saga, so if you haven't read those books I suggest you do first before picking up Soul Kissed. You can probably read this one without having previously read the Bloodstone Saga books, but it would make things a lot easier if you have read them fi
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
I am a lucky lucky girl to have recieved this ARC in exchange for my honest review. I didn't think that ANYTHING could be as epic and emotional as Courtney Cole's Bloodstone saga, but believe me if you loved that series than you will fall head over heels for this book, I know I did!

In the last series we are introduced to the character Empusa, daughter of the the goddess of witchcraft, Hecate. Due to a curse laid upon her by her father, she is forced to consume human souls and human blood to kee
BookHookup
Jan 24, 2012 BookHookup rated it really liked it
In the Bloodstone series we were introduced to Empusa, daughter of the goddess of witchcraft, Hecate. Due to a curse, she is forced to consume human souls and human blood to keep her immortality. To make matters worse, the curse was laid upon her by her father and, if he’s able to find her, he’ll kill her so that the curse can never be returned to him. Talk about family problems! Em is living in hiding and only consuming souls and blood when she can no longer function without them. During one so ...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Nov 06, 2012 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
Another fabulous debut, Soul Kissed made is great!

What I loved most about this book is the banging plot. If you love greek mythology and are up for an awesome twist read this story! I loved reading each chapter, getting to know more of the back round story as well as see the characters developed. Being able to step into the characters shoes and feel the emotions, the rush of adrenaline when it comes to searching out clues is awesome.

Power play is a manger part of the book that left me speechles
Kimberly Schaaf
May 13, 2012 Kimberly Schaaf rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of my most favorites so far...out of any of the authors that I have discovered since I received my Kindle this pasr Christmas.

Courtney Cole is amazingly talented which I quickly found out during the Bloodstone Saga.

Her take on Empusa is amazing....her strength shines through in every aspect of her character.

I can't wait to se where her and Brennan end up in Soul Bound!!!
Marie
Love the cover!
Brilliant book, couldn't have asked for better. Thoroughly enjoyed it- way better than expected that's for sure.
Don't underestimate this book, it will pull you in. I didn't put it down between when I started it until when I finished it.
Book 2 here I come!
Monica
Mar 12, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I love this book so far amazing i love Ems character and Brennan's humor for that matter.

So when does Soul Bound come out???

I love that mythology was such a big component to this story

And the way Hades was described.... well it made me want to meet him >.<
liirogue
Oct 12, 2014 liirogue rated it it was ok
This was okay. I really enjoyed the Greek mythology aspect, but the insta-love romance just became all consuming. Pages and pages of angst that didn't add to or advance the plot, and it became very frustrating for me. One character would declare they would love the other and never leave them, and then turn around and try to walk away before being convinced that they just can't do it. Wash, rinse, repeat. The main character is super evil, but we're never told why other than "he just is evil." No ...more
Milan
Aug 25, 2014 Milan rated it really liked it
I didn't like the ending *pouts* lol
Only because it ended so suddenly.
Various things were happening and so many things unsolved, just to end it like that.
However I enjoyed this fantasy book, it drew me in.
I'm not into mythological history of any sort.
Well, I'm not into history, so I cannot say how I feel about it being as close to "realistic" or how much research was put into this book.
I feel as though Ms. Cole did a GREAT job. And anyone can enjoy it
(Unless they're looking for how much research
Louise Walsh
Mar 11, 2012 Louise Walsh rated it really liked it
good book.looking forward to the next one in this series.
Marsha
Aug 11, 2012 Marsha rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: ????
Greek mythology has always been a favorite of mine and Courtney Cole is a wonderful author. That is why it is so difficult fo rme to write this review. "Soul Kissed" was just an okay read for me for numerous reasons.

Empusa is an immortal and a demigod. She is the daughter of Hecate, Greek goddess of magic and Mormo, a soul sucking vampire. At an early age, Empusa is betrayed by her father and sent to live in the Underworld in the kingdom of Hades. She is cursed to fulfil his role, sucking out th
Tia
May 11, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
This book has a lot to do with Greek/Roman Gods and Goddesses. When I first started reading it, I was confused by it, as it all starts off with a dying man and a boy. As we get into the story we learn what the heroine is, who her father and mother is. Then we learn more about our hero, who his father really is and what happens when the hero and heroine get together. What potential they have. At the endish of the book, we learn about the apocalypse that could happen if the hero and heroine get to ...more
Ana
Jan 24, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
Jacy
Nov 20, 2012 Jacy rated it really liked it

I won a copy of this book from the Reading 24x7 blog.

I was really excited to read this book because the premise seemed interesting. I have always enjoyed books about Mythology. This book doesn't disappoint, I really loved it! My only issue was that the opening was somewhat confusing. It took the first chapter to figure out what was going on. It isn't a bad thing, but know that you just jump right into the story, there isn't any set up.

Em is a very strong character and very vulnerable at the sa
Julie
Mar 27, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: lendable
I gave it 3 stars only because I found it hard to connect to a romance that developed as fast as Em's and Brennan's. So far I have only read this book of the series so I am only rating the this book and not the entire series. I do intend to read the rest of the books because I fell in love with Courtney Cole's writing while reading The Bloodstone saga and I'm sure she will still deliver. I just have a hard time with a full blown romance that only took a few days before they start saying "I love ...more
Jo
Jun 17, 2012 Jo rated it liked it
Oh man, oh man what to say? The cover is pretty.?

Well this book has everything from witches to gods, to blood sucking soul taking, to curses and some ghost. The only thing I felt was left out was a werewolf. (but there is a book two)

I feel bad saying I didn't like this book, but I didn't like it. The first part of the book was so fast (in a bad way) then it got good, but then it just fell short. I will tell you what I didn't like and why.

*So the start of this book was really hard for me because
Inna
Jul 19, 2012 Inna rated it it was amazing
I have to say I'm a big fan of Greek Myths and I mean accurate Greek myths not the ones where gods are caring and fluffy and well confused... or worse virgins( I'm looking at you Hades...or I guess I should say James) so anyway this book was great and actually more or less correct on the Greek mythology part.
So lets start with Empusa. This girl was amazing. She is smart, careful and knows how to behave in difficult situations. She isn't dependent on the male hero and I'm so happy that there is
Shari
May 17, 2012 Shari rated it it was amazing
I was both honoured and fortunate to have received not only an ARC but also a few glimpses into this book during it's early stages in Ms Cole's writing process. After just a few highly teasing chapters I knew I would love what was yet to come. I couldn't wait to dive in when I was forwarded an ARC and it was every bit as fantastic as I'd hoped. Thank you once again Courtney for the honour of being a beta reader for you.

I admit (and as Ms Cole knows), at first I was a bit...leery... not the righ
FicTalk Blog
Apr 14, 2012 FicTalk Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-in-2012
Reviewed by Meg

I’m a huge fan of the Bloodstone Saga, and well, anything that Courtney Cole writes. I had no doubt that I would enjoy the first book in the Moonstone Saga. In reality, I did more than enjoy it. I loved Soul Kissed.

At the end of Bloodstone Saga, we start to become better acquainted with Empusa (Em, for short) and begin to learn a little of her back story. We don’t really get to KNOW her, but we get to know more of her. Em is the daughter of Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft. She’s
Audrey
Nov 14, 2012 Audrey rated it liked it
I adored the Bloodstone series... so obviously I went after this one next. I'm slightly disappointed though. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe the book was rushed?? The writing just wasn't that good. You're gonna tell me that a 17 year old boy is going to just accept that he's the son of Apollo and gods are real and she's a witch who eats souls???? He's just okay with that? To easy. Cop out. And the insta-love is annoying.
I'm not entirely sure that I understand how "their combined powers" can k
Kelly Marie Jones
Jan 26, 2014 Kelly Marie Jones rated it it was amazing
Loving this saga, was never interested in gods ect but this has been spun into a vamp/ love story,very cleverly written . Praise to cole for this new and exciting series highly recommend . I have become a cole fan .
Ashley
Oct 16, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Very good book. It's sad what Empusas father did to her making her just like him but a good thing comes out of wandering the earth dodging her father: Brennan. After all she's been through already I'm glad she found her soul mate. But there's trouble in having him around cause her and him together make sparks literally. And the people she thinks are there to help her are really only out for themselves. In the end though she has Brennan and that's all that matters.
Jan 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Love love love love love love. Did I mention I LOVE this book?? I love finding a new favorite series to follow! How had I not ever heard of Courtney Cole??? I am so glad I stumbled upon Soul Kissed as an Amazon freebie and I had already bought book two before I was finished with Soul Kissed. Read this book! You will love the story line, the characters, everything!
x-Poison-Ivy-x
Apr 01, 2012 x-Poison-Ivy-x rated it really liked it
I'd say more of a 4.5 stars! The book was good, the idea pretty original and the mythology dead on! I'm a big fan of Greek mythology (like a real know-it-all myths person) and the myths and characters were the near perfect embodiment of the greek gods.

The story was good overall and the romance sometimes cheesy but still cute!
Good book!
Stitch_Princess
Jun 10, 2012 Stitch_Princess rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I was not as impressed with this as I was with Courtney Cole's other works. Don't get me wrong it was still a great beginning to a series and I do intend to continue the series. It just wasn't as captivating the characters didn't appeal to me as much as the bloodstone characters did. But definitely still worth reading.
Katherine
I loved the combination of Greek mythology and vampires. The main character's relationship with her soul mate made sense to me. The storyline ending in a way that left me wondering what will happen next. I'll have to look for Soul Bound.
Heather Busby
Apr 15, 2012 Heather Busby rated it it was amazing
This is an engaging love story wrapped up in Greek mythology. The book took off extremely fast paced and left me longing to get to know the characters better. Even at that, I stilled loved the story and it left me wanting more.
  • Release (The Protector, #3)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Hera, Queen of Gods (Goddess Unbound, #1)
  • Guardian
  • Traitor (Bridger, #2)
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
  • Emotionally Charged (Empath Chronicles, #1)
  • Haven (The Willows, #1)
  • Fractured Truth (Fractured Light, #3)
  • The Light of Asteria (Kailmeyra Series Book 1): Volume 1
  • Wanderlove (Wanderlove, #1)
  • Asphodel (The Underworld Trilogy, #1)
  • Seaweed
  • Amaranth (Resistance, #1)
  • Gravity (The Eclipse, #1)
  • Shaken (Mind Reader, #1)
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...

Moonstone Saga (2 books)
  • Soul Bound (Moonstone Saga, #2)