Start by marking “The Homesteader's Sweetheart” as Want to Read:
The Homesteader's Sweetheart

The Homesteader's Sweetheart (Wyoming Legacy)

To escape a dreaded arranged marriage, Penny Castlerock will face anything—even life on her grandfather's farm. But it isn't the rustic lifestyle that's got the Philadelphia socialite tied in knots. It's the handsome homesteader and his eight adopted children next door...….

With seven boys and a girl to raise, transplanted farmer Jonas White could sure use some help. He jus
Published May 1st 2012 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about The Homesteader's Sweetheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Homesteader's Sweetheart

Regina Jennings
Apr 30, 2012 Regina Jennings rated it it was amazing
Cheaper by the Dozen Meets Love Comes Softly

To look at Penny Castlerock and her fine ways you wouldn’t think that some of the best years of her childhood were spent at her grandparents’ farm. The life she lives as a prosperous banker’s daughter has nearly erased those fond memories. But when an unwanted suitor makes a nuisance of himself, she sees a return to the Wyoming prairie as her only escape.

Jonas White could never forget the spoiled girl he watched while laying bricks next to her expensiv
Haley Yager
Mar 29, 2012 Haley Yager rated it it was amazing
The first word that pops into my mind is AMAZING! I was lucky enough to get an advanced reading copy, and I'm so glad I was one who got to read it first. Lacy Williams did such a great job with this book - she captures your attention from the start and gives you both a hero and heroine to love. You'll laugh when they laugh, feel for them when things get tough, and have a permanent smile on your face by the time you reach the last page. At first I thought that Jonas having 8 kids was going to get ...more
Vickie McDonough
Mar 25, 2012 Vickie McDonough rated it it was amazing
The Homesteader's Sweetheart is the second book I've read written by Lacy Williams. I liked it even better than her first book--and I liked that one a lot. The Homesteader's Sweetheart is the story of two people from different sides of the track. It is filled with a delightful cast of secondary characters that are sure to keep you smiling. There's plenty of excitement and a heart tugging romance that leaves you saying, "Ah...."
Kewwy
Apr 26, 2012 Kewwy rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Thought I'd write a review for this since the author was the one who gave it to me. I don't really know how to write reviews but I'm going to try. I loved reading this book and I wasn't in a rush to finish it. I liked Penny and Jonas but they have got to loosen up. Lol kidding. Jonas because he's very kind and full of heart but sometimes he is confused. He has children that he loves and cares for by himself. Penny, is a caring lady and also has good manners. She is very helpful in the book but ...more
Dawn
Apr 01, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Due out in May, this book was very sweet. Penny and her brother go to visit their ailing grandfather on his farm. Penny is trying to escape an unwanted suitor. She meets Jonas, the man next door with 8 adopted children. He teaches her some things about farming, like how not to set a kitchen on fire, and she teaches little life lessons to each of his children. Will they be able to look past their social standing differences and find a love that's true?

This was a quick read for me. It was fun and
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
I hadn't realized that Lacy Williams had another book out, until I read a review of The Homesteader's Sweetheart on The Misadventures of Super Librarian. While I enjoyed Marrying Miss Marshal and could trust that the religious aspects of her newest book would be fairly light, I was a little leery of reading a romance with that many children in it. I'm not usually a fan of romance novel children.

As you can tell, I decided to give the book a shot anyway. I'm glad I did. Although I didn't like The
Bebe20018
Feb 07, 2017 Bebe20018 rated it really liked it
Nice good clean romance read.
Dancer
Apr 16, 2013 Dancer rated it really liked it
Chapter One
Wyoming Territory, summer 1890
Hadn't he promised himself not to get into a situation like this again?
Jonas White stood on the dusty street in his Sunday suit, letter clutched in his hand, gazing up at the fine house. It seemed too much of a coincidence that his neighbor and closest friend--although they were two generations apart in age--was related to a wealthy banker when Jonas desperately needed a loan. And the letter Jonas had promised to deliver for his friend would grant him acc
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Posted on Bewitching Bibliophile

This was a first time genre read for me. I can't remember ever reading this kind of romance and I like it. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I really loved the characters, they were down to earth, and both so sweet that you couldn't help but want things to be good for them.

Jonas wanted to be more than just the help but no one would give him the chance, after being accused of a crime he takes off and creates a life worth being proud of. He also happens t
Wendy Sparkes
Apr 17, 2012 Wendy Sparkes rated it it was amazing
Penelope Castleton has had a fine upbringing, with finishing school training, & all the fine things that come with having wealthy parents. Her father is disappointed that she didn’t come home from finishing school with a husband & so has arranged a match for her – a match that Penny is very uneasy about. To escape, Penny goes to her grandfather’s farm to help him out, remembering that her best memories of her childhood were the times she spent here. Her grandparents didn’t have a lot of ...more
Tammy
Jun 21, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
This was a GREAT quick little read!! I wasnt very hopeful when I picked up a " Love inspired historical romance" , but figured hey, I will give it a shot.Well boy was I surprised! This book was AWESOME! It had all the great elements I love.A great cast of characters, who were each and every one of them fascinating, relatable and loveable.There was a little mystery and intrigue thrown in just for kicks.All in all my only complaint is that I would have loved to see this be a series , to see how al ...more
Cassandra
Jun 12, 2012 Cassandra rated it it was ok
I received this book from the Goodreads giveaways. As a Little House on the Prairie fan, I was excited to read another homestead book. The plot was interesting but I felt it was a little too predictable. Also, the change of story telling between Penny and Jonas was nice to understand how each character was feeling but the transitions were sometimes not very smooth.
Overall, I thought the book was okay. It was not my favorite but it was still enjoyable to keep reading.
Manda
Apr 23, 2012 Manda rated it really liked it
I loved the book, the characters were great. Penny became more and more likable as the book went on, and she started to care less and less about the fluff and more and more about the White family. I loved the story presented in the book and really hope to see more books featuring the children's stories.

I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads.
Jenni C
Jan 17, 2015 Jenni C rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
this is the first book i have read by Lacy Williams. Although the book is somewhat repeatitive in silent dialoguical thoughts...the work as a whole had me addicted. the story kept me entertained beginning to end. the characters were lovable and original. the romance was clean :) the author stayed true to her characters
Betti
Apr 11, 2013 Betti rated it it was amazing
A most enjoyable read! I found it hard to put down, once I had begun. It was heartwarming to see how two from such different backgrounds could learn to love each other. It most certainly renews one's faith in mankind!
Alisha Grant
May 16, 2015 Alisha Grant rated it really liked it
I love read the Wyoming Legacy Series and decided to read Jonas and Penny's story. I love this story and getting to know how the White family was formed. It has given me background to the other books in the series that I have already read.
Elizabeth Nix
Jun 04, 2012 Elizabeth Nix rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the love story that was unfolding even from the beginning. The two main characters were so amazing one their own that your find yourself rooting for them from the beginning. I found myself talking to the book several times.

Another awesome story from Lacy. She truly has a gift from God.
Alana
Apr 10, 2012 Alana rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: courtney, kassie
Shelves: 2012
so sweet! loved the kids and the pop in characters from the previous book. definately would love to see another story about one of the kids.
Pat Oringer
Jun 07, 2013 Pat Oringer rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous cover, richly layered characters and romance, engrossing backdrop equals a keeper on my shelf!
Anne Butler
May 14, 2016 Anne Butler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

I loved every word of this book and hated to see it end.Jonas was so in need of love it made me root for him from the beginning.A very sweet and funny love story.
Patti Burgess
May 08, 2012 Patti Burgess rated it really liked it
This was a really good book, easy to read, and associate with the characters. I truly enjoyed it.

I received this book from as a Goodreads Giveaway.
Amanda Chalifoux
Apr 18, 2012 Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
I love books about family & some romance. I love the picture. I would love to read this book. I love historical romances and every other romance book.
Nina
Aug 10, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much, I kept it to read it again. Loved
the characters, loved the story line, great read.
5 stars loved it.

Beeblebrox
Beeblebrox rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Sharon Jones
Sharon Jones rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2013
Marg
Marg rated it really liked it
May 19, 2012
Dave Minion
Dave Minion rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Gabrielle Albuera
Gabrielle Albuera rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
Robin Sweitzer
Robin Sweitzer rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 10:51AM
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Homefront Hero
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1)
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • Highland Hearts
Lacy Williams is a wife and mom from Oklahoma. She loves dogs, reading, hiking, and watching movies.

Her debut novel won ACFW’s prestigious Genesis award before being published. She promises readers happily-ever-afters guaranteed.

Lacy combines her love of dogs with her passion for literacy by volunteering with her therapy dog Mr. Bingley in a local Kids Reading to Dogs program.

Lacy loves to hear f
More about Lacy Williams...

Wyoming Legacy (6 books)
  • Roping the Wrangler (Wyoming Legacy, #1)
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #2)
  • The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Wyoming Legacy, #4)
  • Her Convenient Cowboy (Wyoming Legacy, #5)
  • Her Cowboy Deputy (Wyoming Legacy, #6)