Start by marking “Forgotten Treasures: 25 Short Fiction Tales” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Treasures: 25 Short Fiction Tales

Forgotten Treasures: 25 Short Fiction Tales

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Spooky tales told while huddled around a campfire.
Memories of "the good old days" shared by grandparents.
Alien invasions by flashlight, under the covers, after bedtime.

Short stories are like Forgotten Treasures you find in a trunk in the attic, just waiting to be discovered.

Inside this book lurks a Christmas loving demon, a pirate ghost who becomes flesh only one night a
Published December 2011 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Treasures

So first of all let me tell you that I love everything Lisa writes. So when I found out that she publiced a book with short stories I just had to read it. And just as I suspected she didn’t dissapoint me.
Some of the stories are beautiful, some are surprising and some are just really scary. I just know that some of the stories I’ve read will haunt me at nigt and keep me scared of the dark shadows. While others made me cry because they had such a beautiful and lovely ending. Once again I can’t hel
How does one review a book of short stories? Particularly one with so many different types of tales thrown in the mix? I had high hopes for this book, because I love the nostalgic synopsis. Treasures found in an attic - what a great way to present a book of stories.

First of all, I was thrown off by the spotty editing. There are quite a few grammatical errors in this book. Horses gate, rather than gait, for instance, there is a severe shortage of commas throughout the volume. This book could have
Fred Hughes
This review is based on a free copy of this book received from the author through the Goodreads First Read program.

Lisa Kessler has a SUPER imagination. This is demonstrated by the stories in this book. While all different in subject matter, running from demons, to outer space, to mages, ghosts, animated houses etc etc. the story telling is at the highest level.

The majority of the stories have a twist in that you are reading them and think you have it figured out and, right out of left field, at
I Enjoyed this book very much. there are 25 short stories divided in many categories. these stories remind me of tv shows such as The Twilight zone, Night Gallery, and Are you Afraid of the Dark? I was one of the lucky Good reads winners who won this book. I especially liked the stories.Stranded, a tear jerker about a tow truck driver who rescues a woman and her abandoned car, Demon's Christmas, who was put on earth to raise havoc by stealing children's homework but he loves Christmas. an intere ...more
This is truly an exceptional collection of suspenseful short stories! Each is a thrilling short read. I am amazed at the fruits of Lisa's imagination as you will savor each one.... Between these pages, you'll find tales of demons, pirates, gods, aliens and so much more... Highly recommended!
Dec 09, 2011 W.H. marked it as to-read
Shelves: lisa-kessler
Gotta have this one too! I love Lisa's writing style!
Shana Canaday-Skinner
Shana Canaday-Skinner marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
JoAnne marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Tanya Gaunt
Tanya Gaunt marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Barbara White
Barbara White marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Janie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
LaGina marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Colleen Breuning
Colleen Breuning marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Unsolved Mystery
Unsolved Mystery marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Tess marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Dogsmom Laura
Dogsmom Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Lavendersbluegreen marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Tina Hayes
Tina Hayes marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jackie marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Yeye marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Pamela Frost
Pamela Frost marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Karen Arrowood
Karen Arrowood marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Toni Whitmire
Toni Whitmire marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Truly marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Captivated (Courts of Light and Darkness, #1)
  • Beyond the Wood
  • Awkward Moments with Men
  • Where Secrets Lie
  • An American Holocaust: The Story of Lataine's Ring
  • Deathwish (Broslin Creek, #6)
  • Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)
  • Angela's Hope (Wildflowers #2)
  • Instruction Manual for Swallowing
  • Hometown Cinderella \ The Inn at Hope Springs
  • When Love Comes My Way
  • Silent Bombs Falling on Green Grass
  • The Harbormaster's Daughter
  • Forgiven (Plain Fear #3)
  • Hapenny Magick
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • Love Finds You in New Orleans, Louisiana
  • Cera's Place
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler...
Moonlight (Moon, #1) Night Walker (Night, #1) Beg Me to Slay Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2) Across the Veil