Start by marking “Forgotten Treasures: 25 Short Fiction Tales” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Treasures: 25 Short Fiction Tales

Forgotten Treasures: 25 Short Fiction Tales

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Spooky tales told while huddled around a campfire.
Memories of "the good old days" shared by grandparents.
Alien invasions by flashlight, under the covers, after bedtime.

Short stories are like Forgotten Treasures you find in a trunk in the attic, just waiting to be discovered.

Inside this book lurks a Christmas loving demon, a pirate ghost who becomes flesh only one night a
Published December 2011 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Treasures

Annabel
Jan 15, 2012 Annabel rated it it was amazing
So first of all let me tell you that I love everything Lisa writes. So when I found out that she publiced a book with short stories I just had to read it. And just as I suspected she didn’t dissapoint me.
Some of the stories are beautiful, some are surprising and some are just really scary. I just know that some of the stories I’ve read will haunt me at nigt and keep me scared of the dark shadows. While others made me cry because they had such a beautiful and lovely ending. Once again I can’t hel
Colleen Breuning
Nov 16, 2015 Colleen Breuning rated it it was amazing
Wonderful collection of short stories from Lisa Kessler. She has quite the gift of story telling, with a wide range of dark, spine-tingling topics. Thoroughly enjoyed this! Very easy to pick up and read in spurts.
Steph
How does one review a book of short stories? Particularly one with so many different types of tales thrown in the mix? I had high hopes for this book, because I love the nostalgic synopsis. Treasures found in an attic - what a great way to present a book of stories.

First of all, I was thrown off by the spotty editing. There are quite a few grammatical errors in this book. Horses gate, rather than gait, for instance, there is a severe shortage of commas throughout the volume. This book could have
Fred Hughes
Mar 02, 2012 Fred Hughes rated it it was amazing
This review is based on a free copy of this book received from the author through the Goodreads First Read program.

Lisa Kessler has a SUPER imagination. This is demonstrated by the stories in this book. While all different in subject matter, running from demons, to outer space, to mages, ghosts, animated houses etc etc. the story telling is at the highest level.

The majority of the stories have a twist in that you are reading them and think you have it figured out and, right out of left field, at
Lori
Mar 26, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
I Enjoyed this book very much. there are 25 short stories divided in many categories. these stories remind me of tv shows such as The Twilight zone, Night Gallery, and Are you Afraid of the Dark? I was one of the lucky Good reads winners who won this book. I especially liked the stories.Stranded, a tear jerker about a tow truck driver who rescues a woman and her abandoned car, Demon's Christmas, who was put on earth to raise havoc by stealing children's homework but he loves Christmas. an intere ...more
Linda
Jan 22, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is truly an exceptional collection of suspenseful short stories! Each is a thrilling short read. I am amazed at the fruits of Lisa's imagination as you will savor each one.... Between these pages, you'll find tales of demons, pirates, gods, aliens and so much more... Highly recommended!
W.H.
Dec 09, 2011 W.H. marked it as to-read
Shelves: lisa-kessler
Gotta have this one too! I love Lisa's writing style!
Charlene Whitehouse
Charlene Whitehouse marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Nichola Tellier
Nichola Tellier marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Karen Neal
Karen Neal marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Jennav
Jennav added it
Mar 09, 2016
Charity Costa
Charity Costa marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Chantell Becker
Chantell Becker marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Dolores
Dolores marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Chris Mitchell
Chris Mitchell marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Jenn Allen
Jenn Allen marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Tina Wickham duckwald
Tina Wickham duckwald marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Say
Say marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Shana Canaday-Skinner
Shana Canaday-Skinner marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
JoAnne
JoAnne marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Tanya Gaunt
Tanya Gaunt marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Barbara White
Barbara White marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
  • Captivated (Courts of Light and Darkness, #1)
  • Beyond the Wood
  • Amelia's Journey (Winds Across the Prairie, #.5)
  • Where Secrets Lie
  • Bullet Proof: A MacKenzie Family Novella (MacKenzie World, #2) (B-Squad, #0.5)
  • Instruction Manual for Swallowing
  • Unwilling (Book 1)
  • Awkward Moments with Men
  • Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)
  • Silent Bombs Falling on Green Grass
  • Ride: Awakening (Puca Mates #1)
  • Flash Fire (Civilian Personnel Recovery Unit #2)
  • Once Upon a Darkness (Company, #1)
  • An American Holocaust: The Story of Lataine's Ring
  • Angela's Hope (Wildflowers, #2)
  • Hometown Cinderella \ The Inn at Hope Springs
  • The Echoed Life of Jorja Graham (Jorja Graham #2)
  • Hapenny Magick
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler...