Start by marking “The Final Touch” as Want to Read:
The Final Touch

The Final Touch (The Final Touch #1)

Charity thought she had it all—marriage to respected consultant Tyco van der Brons and being a mother to his two children. So why did her heart yearn for his love, too? She had known from the start that theirs was a marriage of convenience—so it would be foolish to wish for anything more…wouldn't it?
Published March 6th 2012 by Harlequin (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Touch

Leona
Jul 28, 2013 Leona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leona by: Aayesha Khatri
This was such a lovely story, with a hero to beat all heroes. I wish that every author that writes asshats would take a moment to read this book. Tyco was one of the most generous souls ever penned in "HQN Land" and I fell instantly in love with him. His kindness and generosity towards the heroine was sigh worthy. Right from the first moment they meet, he goes out of his way to help her and guide her. Though he has been dealt a raw deal in love, he isn't bitter and he cherishes all those that ar ...more
Aayesha Khatri
Oh damn. Betty Neels does it again. Yet another favourite, I absolutely loved it. :')

When the book started off with Charity being in love with another guy, I didn't think I'd like it very much. And she kept thinking about him for quite a while, even after the professor meets her and shows her exceptional kindness. (But that's being realistic, isn't it? I mean, you can't just forget the guy you thought you were in love with in one day. Damn, Betty Neels is good.) As I was saying, I was kind of pi
Pamela Shropshire
Mar 23, 2015 Pamela Shropshire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tgb
Charity Pearson is an Araminta who has followed a Caddish Dutch Doctor to Holland, accepting a nursing post in Amsterdam. She has a step-sister (Eunice) who is a gorgeous model, but no other family. Tyco van der Brons, a plastic surgeon on the Burns unit, feels sorry for her because she has to see Cor van Kamp on Men’s Medical all the time and he is quite nasty to her.

So, Tyco (skipping to first-name basis prematurely to save time typing “Dr. van der Brons”) gets Charity transferred to the burns
Susan in NC
Oct 01, 2016 Susan in NC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a visit with Betty Neels when I'm between heavier books to cleanse the reading palate! The GR Heyer Fan Club is starting The Conqueror for our October read, and while I'm looking forward to learning more about William the Conqueror, I thought I'd take a trip with Betty first after this one was recommended highly by a fellow GR friend and Betty fan.

I think I've only read this one once long ago, and it was actually part of a two-book arc, being the first before A Happy Meeting; the H/h in t
Onu
Dec 13, 2013 Onu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
This was such a lovely story. Betty Neels reconfirms your beliefs in love and in the general goodness of mankind. She makes you believe in HEA. The hero Tyco van der Brons was such an amazing guy. I fell in love with him immediately. He was so kind and gentle and so very understanding. I loved, loved, loved Tyco. The heroine Charity was so sweet. I think both Tyco and Charity are soul mates. Their love was the kind of love we all look for. Greek tycoons are all right but at the end of the day wh ...more
Barb in Maryland
Our Betty returns to a plot she used in Uncertain Summer, with a twist, of course. Nurse Charity Pearson has come to work in Holland on the strength of sweet nothings whispered in her ear by a handsome young doctor. Alas for Charity, young doc is a playboy and wasn't serious. So in typical Neels fashion, Charity accepts a Marriage of Convenience proposal from Tyco van der Brons (classic Neels Rich Dutch Doctor). he, of course, is already smitten; she--not so much. But she soon starts sliding dow ...more
Trying to review this later, I have no idea WHICH one this is, so that marks it as a very standard Betty Neels book. If you know her cookie cutter writing style, then you know what you're getting into and there's no big surprises. And you will probably devour this book too, like the others!
Rayni
Aug 23, 2012 Rayni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rayni by: Favorite author
I met Tyco & Charity van der Brons in The Happy Meeting. I really wanted to know more about them. So I was delighted to find their story in The Final Touch.

I was a bit disappointed at the copy editing though. In this book, the twins are 10 & adorable. Not a lot of trouble went into forming their characters, but still they were an integral part of the book. In The Happy Meeting they were 5 & negligible. I know that book was not about the van der Brons', but it still irked me a little
Fiona Marsden
Apr 27, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really sweet marriage of convenience of the typical Betty Neels style. The hero is a widower with twin girls and he of course needs Charity to be a mother to his girls and a staid wife to himself. It takes a little while for the heroine to realise how she feels as she starts off in love with a rather worthless young man who was the reason for her coming to Holland.

Tyco is the usual large and handsome surgeon. In this case his speciality is Burns and some of the mentions of procedures are quite
Melinda
Jun 08, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-reading my Betty books yet again. I had given this one four stars but when I read it today I bumped it up to five. I really like Tyco he is one super nice guy. He doesn't sneer or look through her with his cold blue eyes as many of Betty's guys are want to do. I liked Charity's gumption when she sent Eunice packing too. The twins are sweethearts and take to Charity at once. Cor was a nasty piece of work and I would have liked to see him get his comeuppance.
Allison
Mar 23, 2013 Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because the male declared his love first which is a nice change from the usual Betty Neels hero who gets the female to say it first. I thought I could tell the story but there were some surprises.
Tishke
Sep 01, 2013 Tishke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had all the right elements that makes readers come back to read more of this author's book even though they are very similar as far the plot, the characters, the age difference,.... I enjoyed reading about the twins.
Denise
Feb 08, 2016 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Betty Neels. I've hardly met a book of hers that I did not like.
Debra Ashwood
The Final Touch

This is the first book by Betty Meeks that I have read. It was a sweet fast read. Not much angst.very flat read yes there were OW who wanted Tyco. But Charity felt she was not that pretty and the other women were. Like I stated not much emotions involved. Yes he was thirteen years older but it wored.
waltraud furbacher
As always, great !

If you like Betty Neels, you like all her books ! There is hope for all of us ! Too bad there are not more men around like the ones in her books.
Kelly Johnson
Kelly Johnson rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2012
Mona
Mona rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
MJ
MJ rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Kareneliza
Kareneliza rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
DiAnn
DiAnn rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
soapturtle
soapturtle rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2017
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Dinesh Singh
Dinesh Singh rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
danyle king
danyle king rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Pcch2345
Pcch2345 rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Eris Field
Eris Field rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Megan  Goodrich
Megan Goodrich rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2017
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2009
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • Love's Legacy
  • Temporary Wife
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Playing The Royal Game (The Santina Crown #8)
  • Land of Dreams
  • Gallant Waif
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Substitute Bride
  • Falling for Trouble
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years.(This stood her in good stead later for the tribulations to come with the Second World War). She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and Stat ...more
More about Betty Neels...

The Final Touch (2 books)
  • A Happy Meeting (The Best of Betty Neels)