Start by marking “White Rain” as Want to Read:
White Rain

White Rain

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Brand has spent the last four Christmases without the one man he loves more than anything. After Kia left for college, everything changed. Can Brand forget Kia, or will Santa Claus bring him what he wants most for Christmas?

Brand has been in love with his best friend, Kia, for years. But when Kia left for college, everything between them changed. Kia stopped returning his
ebook, 1st Edition, 36 pages
Published December 8th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published December 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about White Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Rain

Vio
Nice but a little too sweet, it would have been much more interesting if we had more background on Kia and Brand. The scenario of why one left and the other gave up was a little far fetched and did not work for me, and once they are reunited and all is forgiven.....yeah I don't think so. I thought Kia and Brand were cute and sweet I just wish the story was fleshed out more.
Serena Yates

Reunions have me fascinated, so to read a short story that is basically about the reunion of friends who lost touch with each other was a real treat. The story isn’t complicated, and the reason they lost touch is stupid - when you think about it logically – which lovers often do not. The emotions between Brand and Kia are sweet , very touching, and, luckily, strong enough for them to start talking again .

Brand has a hard time first, deciding if he can forgive Kia for stopping to respond to his l
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I would have liked this a lot more with just a bit more than one memory and one or two hours of Kia and Brand.
And I really think Kia had more explaining and apologizing to do. His explanation and the letters just weren't enough for me.
Lisa - President of Challengeaholics  Anon and Challenge Enabler
A short book about 2 guys who were inseperable and then 1 goes to college. In irder for him to stay there and not come home, he cut off all communication with the other man.
This story takes place, I guess on christmas eve when Kia comes home to claim the man he loves.
Arthur
It's a nice childhood-friends-turn-lovers short story. Brand and Kia grew up together. They felt that they loved each other, but didn't tell the other person. When Kia left for college, they kept in touch for the fist two years, but then the contact started to be sparse, mostly because Kia stopped responding to Brand's emails/calls. Now, four years since they went to college and saw each other, Kia suddenly appeared in Brand's door. Is it too late?

This is a sweet story. There are some elements t
Kari
Dec 23, 2011 Kari rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011, ipad
Have you ever wanted to have a second chance with that lost love? In White Rain, Brand gets to do just that. This is a sweet story and while it is short, I felt like I got to know both characters well enough to believe their relationship. I liked the idea of the letters that Brand gets to read to see what Kia has been up to over the past four years. Give this one a shot, you won't be sorry.
Elyssia Spellsinger
This story's sweetness was overdone and it just didn't make sense to be. I'll grant that we have to stretch the imagination when reading many of these books, especially ones where someone gets abandoned or dumped...and then comes crawling back begging for forgiveness. But this book just made me realize how fed up I am of that overused scenario.
CB
Sweet, short feel good holiday romance.
Sadonna
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. Lovely short holiday story. This is a lovely friends to lovers story with some painful separation and ultimately hopeful conclusion. Well written descriptions of the isolation and pain both Bran and Kia felt while separated. Some very beautiful passages.
Katy Beth Mckee
Brand and Kia had drifted about as they left for college. Brand hasn't been able to move on despite feeling left behind by Kia. It was wonderful to see that despite the bad way it was handled it was wonderful to see that both men had waited for each other.
Stacey
A little too yaoi for my taste, but a cute, fast, happy read. Short on the substance or back story, sex scenes are tentative at best, but it's sweet.

Lucy
2.5 He disappears for two solid years with no explanation, no hope, nothing and within five minutes he's forgiven? Bran, you are a doormat.
Rachel
Too short to really give the plot the justice it deserved, and also a bit sickeningly sweet for my tastes.
Meggie
This short story was full of emotions. I liked it, but it was a bit to mushy for me.
Jennifer Wardrip
Unremarkable short story - never felt any connection to the characters.
Deeze
A simple quick read. No real emotional development involved. Short and sweet.
Angelmira
This story is nice. But I don't think it's believably. Not for me.
Gigi
Yawn. Nothing new or exciting here. Pass.
Elspeth
Jan 23, 2012 Elspeth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
A cute well written short story.
Kiki
didn't work for me at all
dx
Feb 01, 2012 dx rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
1.5
Wara
Wara added it
Aug 17, 2015
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Christie Ochoada
Christie Ochoada marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Maycon
Maycon marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Farah Nadia
Farah Nadia marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I love to write, read and watch anything to do with m/m romance as long as it has a happy ending! I work a full time job and write as much as I can in my spare time. And I've had three books accepted, two are out now and one is due in September along with a short story!
More about J.R. Loveless...
Touch Me Gently Chasing Seth (True Mates #1) Forgiving Thayne (True Mates #2) Swift's Temptation His Salvation (The ADA Chronicles, #1)