Start by marking “Tears for Christmas (Sheltered #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Tears for Christmas

Freddy MacKay

Tears for Christmas (Sheltered)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
PLEASE NOTE: As of April 1st, 2013, this version is no longer available.

After his partner dies, Dan is left to care for their six-year-old son. Gabriel is a new volunteer at a shelter and meets a 'client' running scared. Can Gabe teach Danny to love again? Or will Dan keep running?
ebook, 1st Edition, 110 pages
Published December 1st 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published November 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tears for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tears for Christmas

Veronica /  V
Dec 05, 2011 Veronica / V rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
This is a story about losing someone you love, being strong enough to let that person go and finding love a second time around.
At the beginning of the story, honestly, I was going to stop reading as Dan, after 6 months of losing his husband, he met Gab and they were kissing like crazy. I thought another of those insta-love stories and another of those falling in love on the spot.
I kept reading and I'm so glad I did as it wasn't like that at all. After that kiss, the story goes smoothly and the r
Kari
Dec 23, 2011 Kari rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, ipad
Tears for Christmas is a very sweet story about loss and second chances. Dan has been trying to cope with the loss of the love of his life as well as trying to raise his son. Once he meets Gabriel, he sees the possibility of a second chance at love. He only has to allow himself to reach for it.

I loved Dan and Gabe together. Gabe was so patient with Dan and I was really rooting for them. This story takes place over the span of a year. I think that this would have made a great full length novel,
Stacey
Dec 27, 2011 Stacey rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, con-rom, i-own
Dan is packing a whole hell of a lot of emotional baggage. Recently widowed dad with a six year old kid who looks like his partner? Check. And yet, Gabe sees past that, to the man that he knows deserves a second chance. This story is highly emotional, very angsty, sometimes sweet.
Sadonna
Dec 20, 2011 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, holidays
3.5 rounded to 4. This is a well-written story about the aftermath of losing the love of your life and being left with a small child and dealing with the heartbreak.

Dan loses his partner of 12 years to cancer and six month later it's Christmas - Luke's birthday as well - and everything is overwhelming. He's worried his in-laws want to take his son and he's not coping well with his work, volunteer responsibilities or his son. Gabriel is a volunteer at the shelter where Dan and Luke have served f
Serena Yates
Dec 12, 2011 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a very sweet, romantic story about finding a new beginning after having lost a lover and husband. It is never easy to deal with grief, especially when children and in-laws are involved, and finding a new lover can be disconcerting on all sides.

Dan has been together with his husband for 12 years when he dies, leaving him and their son behind. Dan has no idea how to deal with it all and doesn’t really want to be happy or feel attracted to another man again. The guilt is eating him alive. R
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

TEARS FOR CHRISTMAS is a romantic family story which revolves around a father who has lost his husband and has to learn to live without him with all their good moments together being whispering through his daily life.

When Dan first meets Gabriel, it's Christmas and it's also his dead husband's birthday. To say it was an emotional moment for him would be a real understatement and twelve years together is not s
Shirley (Secret Squirrel)
The author tried hard to make this a moving and emotional story, but it came across as over done and corny. This is really a 1.5 it took a lot to actually finish it.
ManOhMan
Dec 23, 2011 ManOhMan rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Max: This was a very emotional story, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The writing was solid and I thought the story was well put together, but at times it was a complete downer.

Dan's a good character and I'm glad he did well in the end. Overall, I did like it. I'm not fond of storylines with kids, but all things aside I managed to overlook that.

Readers who like stories packed with emotion will enjoy this one.

A

Ramsi
Mar 10, 2015 Ramsi rated it really liked it
3,5 stars
Vio
Dec 11, 2011 Vio rated it really liked it
I am liking these Christmas stories so far. A heartwarming tender romance about second chances and learning to trust and believe that you can be happy once again. A lovely story with a sweet meaningful ending.
Anke
Dec 18, 2012 Anke marked it as dnf
This was my second try and after shaking my head all the time, at 20% this is it for me.
Jaeson
Jan 07, 2012 Jaeson rated it really liked it
Ahhh.....sweet romance...I liked it a lot.
Claudia
Dec 21, 2011 Claudia rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
qx
Mar 22, 2012 qx rated it liked it
Shelves: have
2.5
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Wara
Wara added it
May 16, 2015
Emmaemma
Emmaemma rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Leeann Schutz
Leeann Schutz rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Moira
Moira rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
TayaJay
TayaJay marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Anna Goerlitz
Anna Goerlitz marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Freddy grew up in the Midwest, playing sports and running around outside. And honestly, that much has not changed since Freddy was small and throwing worms at other kids, expect worm throwing has been replaced with a healthy geocaching addiction. Freddy enjoys traveling and holds the view a person should continually to learn about new things and people whenever possible.

Freddy's contemporary LGBT
More about Freddy MacKay...