Start by marking “Rogue's Christmas (Deep Sky Pirates #1)” as Want to Read:
Rogue's Christmas (Deep Sky Pirates #1)

Rogue's Christmas (Deep Sky Pirates #1)

This edition is no longer available.

Harlon is Dark Rogue, a pirate wanted all over the planet. He's looking for a cabin boy. Nakhoda's on the run. He needs a ticket out. In a ruthless world where one misstep can be your last, what happens when a pirate falls in love with his cabin boy?
ebook, 1st Edition, 62 pages
Published December 6th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published December 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue's Christmas

Tam
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews

This futuristic sci-fi story is set in a not too distant time, where the oceans have been poisoned during a world war and chemical’s put in the water leading to “meth children” who have paranormal powers. Nakhoda is on the run, facing probably certain death in custody, however a dirty cop hooks him up with the pirate Harlon. Harlon smuggles goods and runs a pleasure ship, a sky ship. He agrees to buy Nakhoda warrant, and after five years time,
Serena Yates
Dec 20, 2012 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a futuristic story which begins to build quite an interesting world. I say ‘begin’ only because it is so short, and I wanted to see more. Luckily, it looks like it will become a series. The vision of the future isn’t entirely positive, and the few glimpses I got sounded depressingly realistic. The type of men able to survive and thrive in an environment like that will be fascinating to observe.

Khoda, some kind of convict, tells this first story, He has some sort of psychic abilities and
Jax
Dec 21, 2013 Jax rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, holiday, 4-star
There're only minimal references to Christmas and the unexplained insta-connection between the MCs was a little strange, but this was an interesting world and characters. It told us just enough not to be lost, but I felt like there was a lot more to learn. I would read more if the author ever returns to this world.
Plainbrownwrapper
Dec 30, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounding up

Wow, this story comes out of left field. Meaning that it's original and not immediately identifiable with most tropes/cliches/stereotypes, and not part of a series.

This one'll be confusing to summarize. Hmmm. Futuristic/dystopic/almost blade-runner-ish setting, after world wars and biological warfare has poisoned the Earth's oceans and caused "Meth" mutations in the human population giving some people powers (like firestarting). Airships/flying barges are now common, and ar
Emily
Sep 23, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It was set in an interesting world that I’d love to read more about. My only complaint was that I felt like I missed something. Like there was a book before this that I needed to read first. I was dropped into this fantastical world with all these different types of people and terms and was totally clueless. If there’s not an earlier book, than this book should have had a bit more explanation of the world. Most of the terms were explained, but you’d get the details a bit at ...more
Lady*M

The book barely scratched the world and the characters, but, as a teaser for the series, it worked very well. I liked both men and I wanted to know more about them. The forced happy end knocked down the rating - I could believe the men were feeling powerful lust, but for Harlon to ask and Nakhoda to accept to stay on-board forever? No.

I already like this author's writing, but I also know she can do much better in the short story (for example: Spinner, Johnny V and the Razor). I liked t
S
Dec 23, 2011 S rated it really liked it
Such an interesting concept. Kind of a sky-bound, Waterworld without the boats, dystopian short story. There is so much going on in this world that there is not nearly enough time to set it all up properly, so as the reader you're left with more questions than answers. But the idea and writing are strong, and the characters are engaging, so I'm really waiting to see what Ryssa Edwards does next with this world.

Christmas story? Not so much. But who cares when the idea is this original?
Sadonna
Dec 20, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Interesting and completely unexpected. I don't really know how to describe it, but it's quite hot and romantic in it's own way. It's a dystopian, sci-fi type story - with Christmas kind of as an afterthought but who cares? I would love to read more about this world - really just scratches the surface here, but I like it!
Lipvixen
Feb 08, 2012 Lipvixen rated it did not like it
My heart broke for the former concubine Shanti(?) who was dumped in the bordello portion for doing something he was never told was wrong. His clothes now being worn by new guy and his body now up for sale. Then when the lead character does it he is excused because pirate is in love with him. BAH! If this becomes a series I hope Shanti gets his HEA.
Tamela
Too bad this was a short story. I really like the idea of deep sky pirates. I'm going to have to see if there are more stories out there. Liked the characters but sorry there wasn't enough time to really get to know them.
Meggie
Dec 06, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, christmas
The start into this new series was interesting and well written. The short plot pulled me into and I wished, it wouldn't be so short. Truth to be told, the characters were simply to undeveloped to make better judgment about them, but so far they were interesting. I hope we will see more about them.
MsMiz (Tina)
Dec 05, 2011 MsMiz (Tina) rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
I will definitely read more from this world. This story is a nice taste of things to come with our deep space pirates.
Mistral
Kinny
Kinny rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2012
Amina
Amina rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Laura M
Laura M rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Cheesy Ghost
Cheesy Ghost rated it it was ok
Jun 21, 2012
Kitany
Kitany rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2012
Deja Dei
Deja Dei rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Kerstin
Kerstin rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Trevor Palomares
Trevor Palomares rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
E
E rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2012
T.
T. rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2012
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Portia
Portia rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Shanna
Shanna rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Maria (aka Fashionta)
Maria (aka Fashionta) rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Sam
Sam rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2012
Ryssa Edwards is a writer of paranormal romance that takes place in other worlds, some of them just around the corner.
More about Ryssa Edwards...