Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure, #2)” as Want to Read:
Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure, #2)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  461 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Marie lebt zufrieden mit ihrem Ehemann Michel Adler, den sie innig liebt. Ihr Glück scheint vollkommen, als sie ein Kind erwartet. Doch dann muss Michel in den Kampf gegen die aufständischen Hussiten ziehen. Er beweist so viel Mut, dass er zum Ritter geschlagen wird - und verschwindet nach einem grausamen Gemetzel spurlos. Nachdem er für tot erklärt wird, ist Marie ganz au ...more
Taschenbuch, 589 pages
Published April 2006 by Knaur TB (first published 2005)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Die Kastellanin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Kastellanin

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 1,304)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
L. Shaw
** This review was submitted to all rightful parties PRIOR to posting it to GoodReads. **


As I selected this book for review I didn't know too much about the background of the series or that of the authors. All I simply saw was what proved to be an entertaining book synopsis and I went from there. Now that I have finished the book I'm not only impressed by what I discovered among the pages of this book but I was astonish to know that this book is a part of a much larger picture.

Since I came i
...more
Demetra Iliopoulos
I really loved the wondering Harlot part 1 of this series . This is a medival story and it always draws my attention. After reading Marie's tragic beginning in the Wondering Harlot, I was captivated by her story and could not help but root for her happiness in the sequel. all a good enough read that I turned every page until I finished it and was not completely disappointed Since I came into this story blindsided I hadn't read any of the other books in the series. So firstly, I encourage you, th ...more
Coline
Deuxième tome du livre "la catin", qui n'en ai plus une. Marie vit maintenant avec son mari Michel, très confortablement et à côté de sa fameuse compagne de toujours.
Mais si tout se passait bien il n'y aurait rien à raconter, Michel est donc appelé par l'empereur Sigismond pour lutter contre les hussites. Il est laissé pour mort par son pire ennemi mais Marie ne veut pas le croire et se lance à sa recherche.
J'ai préféré le premier tome qui était plus vraisemblant. Marie se lançant à corps perdu
...more
Margaret Sholders
I am sorry I chose this story. I keep trying to read Medieval stories and I shouldn't. I liked the premise of this book. The Castellon is ordered to go to war and leaves his wife and tenants. Big Spoiler here but he is injured and loses his memory. His wife is told he is dead but she knows better and goes to find him. Spoilers along the way here. I just thought it said the same story over and over. I hope the other readers enjoy this story. I just have to remember to pass over Medievals. You wil ...more
Sabine
Dies ist der zweite Band der Wanderhuren-Reihe, die Geschichte um Marie und Michel geht weiter. Dieses Buch kann man auch als Einzelband lesen, denn es ist in sich abgeschlossen und auch ohne Lektüre der „Die Wanderhure“ gut verständlich.
Geschickt schafft es das Autorenpaar wieder einmal, historische Fakten in einen spannenden und gut lesbaren Roman zu packen und mit der Geschichte des fiktiven Paares Marie und Michel zu verknüpfen; so habe ich ganz nebenbei auch noch etwas über die Hussiten-Kri
...more
Maaike
DNF - page 128

De drama's en ongelukkigheden stapelen zich constant op. Drama na drama na drama en daar heb ik eigenlijk helemaal geen zin in. =/ In deel 1 was dat ook wel, maar daar had Marie een duidelijk doel. Hier heb ik na zo'n 100 bladzijdes geen idee wat het doel is, behalve dat iedereen zo ongeveer behalve de hoofdpersonages niet aardig is, complotten smeedt en lak aan de rest van de wereld heeft zolang het maar goud oplevert.

Tijd voor een ander boek.
Christine Van Heertum
ce 2e volume tient le rythme, le suspense et les promesses du 1er!
Dix ans se sont passés et Marie a épousé Michel, son ami d'enfance. Ils vivent confortablement, dans le bonheur. Jusqu'au jour où Michel doit partir à la guerre, sur ordre de l'Empereur. Après plusieurs mois, Marie apprend le décès de son époux. Tous le croient mort, sauf Marie qui part sur les routes, avec leur petite fille qui vient de naître, et se fait passer pour une cantinière afin de pouvoir suivre l'armée.
Amitié, amour, vi
...more
Joan
I love histrorical fiction. This was a great book. Read it in 24 hours. I enjoyed the first one and couldn't put it down.
Cessa
Es geht weiter mit der Geschichte um Marie und Michel.

Ich will hier nicht zuviel verraten deshalb nur eine kurze Beurteilung im Allgemeinen.

Das Buch lässt sich wie auch der erste Band sehr leicht lesen, auch wenn es zwischenzeitlich mal die ein oder andere kurzzeitig etwas langweiligere Stelle gibt. Dennoch gibt es immer eine gewisse Spannung die vor allem zum Showdown hin nochmal stark zunimmt.

Ab und an musste ich auch schmunzeln und gegen Ende habe ich sogar ein Tränchen verdrückt.

Dennoch glau
...more
April
Feb 17, 2015 April rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
Leider hat mir dieses Buch nicht ganz so gut gefallen wie der Vorgänger, aber trotzdem immer noch ein seehr schönes Buch. Gerade das Ende war so toll! Zwischenzeitlich leider an manchen Stellen ein wenig in die Länge gezogen.
Juan Pablo
Great book, medieval incredible story, love is upon countries. COLOMBiA love this book
Lynn Demsky
Feb 09, 2015 Lynn Demsky rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle Ages History Buffs
An historical novel written for the middle ages – a lot of research went into the book. Sure show how absolutely awful lining in the 1580 period was – even for the rich trying to upkeep their castles. I enjoyed many sections of the book but, it was just way too long and too boring (many parts made me actually fall asleep) for my liking. History Buffs enjoying the Middle Ages might find this a remarkable book! It could also be that I hadn't read the first in this series and if it has to be read i ...more
Sarah
Jan 17, 2011 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Obwohl ich zwischendurch den Faden verloren hatte mochte ich das Buch abschließend gerne, einfach weil ich Marie und Michel mag und mich ihre Geschichte interessiert hat. Trotzdem hat es nicht für mehr als drei Sterne gereicht, eben weil ich zwischendurch mal komplett raus war und mich viele der Nebenschauplätze nicht wirklich interessiert haben. Außerdem mal wieder zu viel Krieg und Krawall für meinen Geschmack.
Jessica Wiedmaier
Man sollte sich gut überlegen ob man mit dieser Serie weitermacht oder nicht. Dieses Buch ist nicht wie das Erste. Trotzdem finde ich es ein sehr gutes Buch, das ich mit Freude gelesen habe. Es gibt Bücher, die ich nur in der Bahn lesen kann. Zuhause habe ich besseres zu tun. Nicht dieses. Freunde der Romantik, der Geschichte und Ungarn kommen hier auf ihre Kosten.
Elisabeth Smith
Ich weiss, da gibt es noch zwei weitere Buecher aber das Drama nimmt kein Ende. Hab das Buch halb gelesen und brauchte eine Pause. Es passiert doch immer das gleiche. Werd es trotzdem weiter lesen und mal sehen ob es besser wird. Diese Geschichten gefallen mir aber ich frag mich ob es nicht gereicht haette nur ein Buch zu schreiben und keinen Mehr-teiler.
Eva
I still like to dive into the history of this sequel, but I'm more and more realizing that I'm constantly having strong dislikes for this "tough female protagonist". They're really getting on my nerves....
Favorite line here about Marie: "she hissed aggressively like a little kitten". Kinda contradictory.
Sandra
Wederom een prachtig, meeslepend verhaal! Lees hier mijn recensie:
http://deboekenwereld.blogspot.nl/201...
Lotta
Flat bad guys have killed many an exciting plot... Why am I reading this series again? Oh, the vivid description of medieval culture, right.
Simone
Jun 16, 2009 Simone marked it as to-read
Mal schaun, ob dieses Buch genauso gut ist, wie das erste... wobei mir das Ende von der Wanderhure nicht so gut gefallen hat.
Unkunkel
Ich kann mich nicht daran erinnern, ob der Schreibstil im ersten Teil auch so unglaublich schlecht war...
Jacqueline
Wunderbare, spannende Fortsetzung, die problemlos mit dem Vorgänger mithalten kann!
Georg
Georg marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Arlene
Arlene is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2015
Finesty22
Finesty22 marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Paula Bostic
Paula Bostic marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 43 44 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 11, 2015 05:52PM  
  • Das Geheimnis der Hebamme (Hebammen Saga, #1)
  • Das Spiel der Könige (Waringham, #3)
  • Tod und Teufel
  • Der fremde Gast
  • Child of the Jungle: The True Story of a Girl Caught Between Two Worlds
  • Daughter of Lir
  • The Last Jew
  • Blutbraut
  • Nocturna: Die Nacht der gestohlenen Schatten
  • The Copper Sign (Das kupferne Zeichen #1)
  • Bruderkrieg (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • MondSilberTraum (MondLichtSaga, #3)
  • Gegensätze ziehen sich aus (Mütter-Mafia, #3)
  • Die Rückkehr der Templerin (Die Templerin, #3)
359856
Hinter dem Pseudonym Iny Lorentz verbirgt sich das Schriftstellerduo des deutschen Ehepaares Ingrid Klocke und Elmar Wohlrath.
Ingrid Klocke (*1949) ist gebürtige Kölnerin und ist gelernte Arzthelferin. Nach dem Besuch des Abendgymnasiums lässt sich Lorentz als Programmiererin ausbilden. Der Durchbruch als Autorin gelingt ihr nach mehreren Zeitschriftenartikeln durch ein Kinderbuch, welches sie mi
...more
More about Iny Lorentz...

Other Books in the Series

Die Wanderhure (7 books)
  • Die Wanderhure
  • Das Vermächtnis der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #3)
  • Die Tochter der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #4)
  • Töchter der Sünde (Die Wanderhure, #5)
  • Die Rache der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #6)
  • Die List der Wanderhure
Die Wanderhure Das Vermächtnis der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #3) Die Tochter der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #4) Die Goldhändlerin Die Kastratin

Share This Book