Start by marking “Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure, #2)” as Want to Read:
Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure, #2)

Die Kastellanin (Die Wanderhure #2)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  593 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Marie lebt zufrieden mit ihrem Ehemann Michel Adler, den sie innig liebt. Ihr Glück scheint vollkommen, als sie ein Kind erwartet. Doch dann muss Michel in den Kampf gegen die aufständischen Hussiten ziehen. Er beweist so viel Mut, dass er zum Ritter geschlagen wird - und verschwindet nach einem grausamen Gemetzel spurlos. Nachdem er für tot erklärt wird, ist Marie ganz au ...more
Taschenbuch, 589 pages
Published April 2006 by Knaur TB (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Die Kastellanin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Kastellanin

Ionia
Apr 07, 2015 Ionia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually liked this book even better than the first in the series (The Wandering Harlot.) That usually doesn't happen, but I really enjoyed the way Marie was portrayed in this novel. The authors did an excellent job of playing her strengths and showing what she was capable of.

Catching up with characters from the first book and seeing what they went on to do with their life was also a lot of fun. I was glad to see some familiar faces make a return in this book.

The relationship between Marie a
Leone {The Bookish & The Romantic}
** This review was submitted to all rightful parties PRIOR to posting it to GoodReads. **

As I selected this book for review I didn't know too much about the background of the series or that of the authors. All I simply saw was what proved to be an entertaining book synopsis and I went from there. Now that I have finished the book I'm not only impressed by what I discovered among the pages of this book but I was astonish to know that this book is a part of a much larger picture.

Since I came i
Tricia M.S.
Jul 25, 2015 Tricia M.S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are huge fan of Medieval Historical Romances You are in for a real treat.

There is nothing better than reading a sequel and have it turn out just as well as the first one. I know that is not always the case with books, and often times with movies; but in the case of this sequel by Iny Lorentz I found it to be as just statement.

This time we know that even though Michel & Marie had their "happy every after" moment, things go sideways again for the couple. They are once again faced with h
Jessica
Well I will start by saying I think this book would be benefitted by reading the first in the series before this one. I didnt, and yes it was ok, but I think it would have really enhanced this book you have more of the backstory that was eluded to. Now to this book, overall it was average. I loved the setting. Not just your run of the mill British medieval town, but a German setting. That made this book stand out, but besides that I was not too impressed. I felt like the authors writing style wa ...more
Coline
Mar 05, 2015 Coline rated it liked it
Shelves: historique
Deuxième tome du livre "la catin", qui n'en ai plus une. Marie vit maintenant avec son mari Michel, très confortablement et à côté de sa fameuse compagne de toujours.
Mais si tout se passait bien il n'y aurait rien à raconter, Michel est donc appelé par l'empereur Sigismond pour lutter contre les hussites. Il est laissé pour mort par son pire ennemi mais Marie ne veut pas le croire et se lance à sa recherche.
J'ai préféré le premier tome qui était plus vraisemblant. Marie se lançant à corps perdu
Margaret Sholders
I am sorry I chose this story. I keep trying to read Medieval stories and I shouldn't. I liked the premise of this book. The Castellon is ordered to go to war and leaves his wife and tenants. Big Spoiler here but he is injured and loses his memory. His wife is told he is dead but she knows better and goes to find him. Spoilers along the way here. I just thought it said the same story over and over. I hope the other readers enjoy this story. I just have to remember to pass over Medievals. You wil ...more
Sabine
Dec 06, 2013 Sabine rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Dies ist der zweite Band der Wanderhuren-Reihe, die Geschichte um Marie und Michel geht weiter. Dieses Buch kann man auch als Einzelband lesen, denn es ist in sich abgeschlossen und auch ohne Lektüre der „Die Wanderhure“ gut verständlich.
Geschickt schafft es das Autorenpaar wieder einmal, historische Fakten in einen spannenden und gut lesbaren Roman zu packen und mit der Geschichte des fiktiven Paares Marie und Michel zu verknüpfen; so habe ich ganz nebenbei auch noch etwas über die Hussiten-Kri
Lisa
Nov 21, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley-arc
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog

I enjoyed the historical fiction a lot. But there were parts of the book that I thought that the pace of the book was a little on the slow side and I didn’t enjoy all of the fighting and other activities.

It story and the writing was captivating that held my attention right till the end. What did blindside me was that I was a little lost in the beginning, as I didn’t realise that this book was part of a larger series. I would recommend if you were go
Maaike
Mar 24, 2014 Maaike rated it did not like it
Shelves: history, german
DNF - page 128

De drama's en ongelukkigheden stapelen zich constant op. Drama na drama na drama en daar heb ik eigenlijk helemaal geen zin in. =/ In deel 1 was dat ook wel, maar daar had Marie een duidelijk doel. Hier heb ik na zo'n 100 bladzijdes geen idee wat het doel is, behalve dat iedereen zo ongeveer behalve de hoofdpersonages niet aardig is, complotten smeedt en lak aan de rest van de wereld heeft zolang het maar goud oplevert.

Tijd voor een ander boek.
Amy
Jun 18, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sequel to the Wandering Harlot. I enjoyed this one just as much as the 1st book. It is very interesting being translated from German. When I read it, I got another perspective from a country I haven't read much about. I highly recommend it.
Christine Van Heertum
Jul 25, 2011 Christine Van Heertum rated it really liked it
ce 2e volume tient le rythme, le suspense et les promesses du 1er!
Dix ans se sont passés et Marie a épousé Michel, son ami d'enfance. Ils vivent confortablement, dans le bonheur. Jusqu'au jour où Michel doit partir à la guerre, sur ordre de l'Empereur. Après plusieurs mois, Marie apprend le décès de son époux. Tous le croient mort, sauf Marie qui part sur les routes, avec leur petite fille qui vient de naître, et se fait passer pour une cantinière afin de pouvoir suivre l'armée.
Amitié, amour, vi
Richard dangles
Jul 13, 2015 Richard dangles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adventursome

It was a good book but had a couple of slow places. Sometimes I get tired of fighting and raping.
Joan
Mar 26, 2015 Joan rated it really liked it
I love histrorical fiction. This was a great book. Read it in 24 hours. I enjoyed the first one and couldn't put it down.
Cessa
Apr 29, 2013 Cessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: historisch
Es geht weiter mit der Geschichte um Marie und Michel.

Ich will hier nicht zuviel verraten deshalb nur eine kurze Beurteilung im Allgemeinen.

Das Buch lässt sich wie auch der erste Band sehr leicht lesen, auch wenn es zwischenzeitlich mal die ein oder andere kurzzeitig etwas langweiligere Stelle gibt. Dennoch gibt es immer eine gewisse Spannung die vor allem zum Showdown hin nochmal stark zunimmt.

Ab und an musste ich auch schmunzeln und gegen Ende habe ich sogar ein Tränchen verdrückt.

Dennoch glau
Aurora
Dec 30, 2015 Aurora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads

I won this at Goodreads Firstreads program
April
Feb 17, 2015 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Leider hat mir dieses Buch nicht ganz so gut gefallen wie der Vorgänger, aber trotzdem immer noch ein seehr schönes Buch. Gerade das Ende war so toll! Zwischenzeitlich leider an manchen Stellen ein wenig in die Länge gezogen.
Lynn Demsky
Feb 09, 2015 Lynn Demsky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle Ages History Buffs
An historical novel written for the middle ages – a lot of research went into the book. Sure show how absolutely awful lining in the 1580 period was – even for the rich trying to upkeep their castles. I enjoyed many sections of the book but, it was just way too long and too boring (many parts made me actually fall asleep) for my liking. History Buffs enjoying the Middle Ages might find this a remarkable book! It could also be that I hadn't read the first in this series and if it has to be read i ...more
Jan 17, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Obwohl ich zwischendurch den Faden verloren hatte mochte ich das Buch abschließend gerne, einfach weil ich Marie und Michel mag und mich ihre Geschichte interessiert hat. Trotzdem hat es nicht für mehr als drei Sterne gereicht, eben weil ich zwischendurch mal komplett raus war und mich viele der Nebenschauplätze nicht wirklich interessiert haben. Außerdem mal wieder zu viel Krieg und Krawall für meinen Geschmack.
Jessica Wiedmaier
Nov 13, 2013 Jessica Wiedmaier rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-4-star-books
Man sollte sich gut überlegen ob man mit dieser Serie weitermacht oder nicht. Dieses Buch ist nicht wie das Erste. Trotzdem finde ich es ein sehr gutes Buch, das ich mit Freude gelesen habe. Es gibt Bücher, die ich nur in der Bahn lesen kann. Zuhause habe ich besseres zu tun. Nicht dieses. Freunde der Romantik, der Geschichte und Ungarn kommen hier auf ihre Kosten.
Elisabeth Smith
Sep 23, 2012 Elisabeth Smith rated it liked it
Ich weiss, da gibt es noch zwei weitere Buecher aber das Drama nimmt kein Ende. Hab das Buch halb gelesen und brauchte eine Pause. Es passiert doch immer das gleiche. Werd es trotzdem weiter lesen und mal sehen ob es besser wird. Diese Geschichten gefallen mir aber ich frag mich ob es nicht gereicht haette nur ein Buch zu schreiben und keinen Mehr-teiler.
Eva
Feb 08, 2016 Eva rated it liked it
Shelves: gave-aways
I still like to dive into the history of this sequel, but I'm more and more realizing that I'm constantly having strong dislikes for this "tough female protagonist". They're really getting on my nerves....
Favorite line here about Marie: "she hissed aggressively like a little kitten". Kinda contradictory.
Sandra
Aug 26, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it
Wederom een prachtig, meeslepend verhaal! Lees hier mijn recensie:
Lotta
Feb 18, 2011 Lotta rated it it was ok
Flat bad guys have killed many an exciting plot... Why am I reading this series again? Oh, the vivid description of medieval culture, right.
Simone
Jun 16, 2009 Simone marked it as to-read
Mal schaun, ob dieses Buch genauso gut ist, wie das erste... wobei mir das Ende von der Wanderhure nicht so gut gefallen hat.
Nina
May 31, 2016 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boeiend verhaal
Unkunkel
Jun 03, 2011 Unkunkel rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Ich kann mich nicht daran erinnern, ob der Schreibstil im ersten Teil auch so unglaublich schlecht war...
Juan Pablo
May 01, 2015 Juan Pablo rated it liked it
Great book, medieval incredible story, love is upon countries. COLOMBiA love this book.
Jacqueline
Mar 13, 2013 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Wunderbare, spannende Fortsetzung, die problemlos mit dem Vorgänger mithalten kann!
Linda Newman
Linda Newman rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Manon
Manon marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 11, 2015 05:52PM
  • Das Geheimnis der Hebamme (Hebammen Saga, #1)
  • Die Hüter der Rose (Waringham, #2)
  • Der fremde Gast
  • Tod und Teufel
  • Daughter of Lir
  • Nocturna: Die Nacht der gestohlenen Schatten
  • Der Ring des Sarazenen (Die Templerin, #2)
  • The Scribe
  • The Copper Sign (Das kupferne Zeichen #1)
  • Hudløs Himmel
  • Bruderkrieg (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Blutbraut
  • MondSilberTraum (MondLichtSaga, #3)
Hinter dem Namen Iny Lorentz verbirgt sich ein Autorenehepaar.

Elmar, Iny Lorentz' Ehemann und Co-Autor, stammt aus Bayern und wuchs in einem kleinen Bauerndorf mit fünf Höfen auf. Sein Interesse für Literatur wurde von seiner Religionslehrerin schon früh erkannt und nach Kräften gefördert. Ebenso wie seine spätere Ehefrau begann er bereits als Schüler zu schreiben.
Nach einer durch die Umstände bed
More about Iny Lorentz...

Die Wanderhure (7 books)
  • Die Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #1)
  • Das Vermächtnis der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #3)
  • Die List der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #4)
  • Die Tochter der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #5)
  • Töchter der Sünde (Die Wanderhure, #6)
  • Die Rache der Wanderhure (Die Wanderhure, #7)