Start by marking “The Melting Sea (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Melting Sea (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #2)

The Melting Sea (Seekers: Return to the Wild #2)

Is fate pulling them apart?

Toklo, Kallik, Lusa, and Yakone trek onward toward the Melting Sea, battling the elements and struggling to move quickly as the ice begins to thaw. Kallik is anxious to reunite with her brother, Taqqiq, and the rest of the bears at her old home--but Toklo and Lusa can't imagine continuing their journey without her.

As they cross the Melting Sea, t
Published June 5th 2012 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Melting Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Melting Sea

Aras Redan
Aug 02, 2012 Aras Redan rated it it was amazing
Lusa and Toklo better end up together -.-
Tatum
Nov 30, 2014 Tatum rated it it was amazing
It was another awesome book by Erin Hunter. Kallik and Yakone got back home to the Melting Sea where they belong. They are really happy to be home, but Toklo and Lusa are very sad because they know that they would have to leave them and travel to their homes without them. They know that they will probably have to say their goodbyes soon. On their way to where Kallik needs to go to see her brother Taqqik they meet some really mean and selfish bears that have been knocking down other bears dens ...more
ℓεαh
Oct 04, 2016 ℓεαh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved it!
Alyssa
Sep 21, 2016 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kira
This is kinda like the Warriors series, but with less romance in it. Well, Yakone thinks that he's a ladies bear, and he's not. But he's full on in love with Kallik! She is on a journey to find Taqqiq, her brother, and Yakone doesn't like him, but since he's in love with his sister, he's civil to him. And she doesn't know it! Why would he be in love with her? SHE TRIED TO KILL HER BROTHER!! And that makes good sense. He's bad, just like all the others! #AngerIssues #SiblingRivalry #Speechless ...more
Ashley
May 20, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Adriana
Nov 01, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it
A bear named Kallik, along with his friends Lusa, Yakone and Toklo are on a journey back to their birth place, The Melting Sea, to find her lost brother Taqqiq. Along the way, they met a bear named Shila, who guided them to the Melting Sea. Once they reached and found her brother, she has realized that her brother has joined a vicious group of bears terrifying other bears for control of food and land. Kallik talks to her brother and decides not to go back with him. Now Kallik must make a ...more
Ash
Feb 02, 2013 Ash rated it really liked it
I have no idea why am I still reading this series. Well maybe I know. How can I not know the fate of those amazing adorable cute bears!!!
The first book in the second series was a huge let down Nanulak idea was just terrible and too racist even for bears.
This one was good, it was Seekers standard even though the plot was way predictable and not to forget the amazing synopsis that tells what happens 70% of the book -_-
In my opinion the only good thing about Seekers now is the characters you jus
Aidan Huot
Sep 15, 2016 Aidan Huot rated it it was amazing
yee
NightRaven1553
Sep 28, 2015 NightRaven1553 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Seekers Book I read and totally loved it. In fact, I can't wait to read the next one. The bears were worried about how life would be after they all had split up, which taught them about family. Little slow at the beginning because it was basically just walking.
Reading this book made me want to finish the Warriors Series, read more of the
Seekers, and start reading Survivors. If you know anyone who likes bears or the Erin Hunter books, you should recommend this to them.
Abby Lewis
Aug 18, 2012 Abby Lewis rated it really liked it
This was a very good book for the Seekers series. The plot was good and there were quite a few exciting parts. Mrs. Hunter kept me very entertained throughout the whole book, and I am just now beginning to truly love all of her characters.

I was very skeptical of the Seekers series at first because nothing can be as good as the Warriors series, but now that Warriors is coming to an end, I am glad that I still have Seekers to read and Survivors yet to come.

All in all, a very good instalment to th
Juneau Wang
Apr 14, 2016 Juneau Wang rated it liked it
When I was younger, I remember loving the "Seekers" series. Although they are not as captivating today, the stories are very well done. The Melting Sea expands your imagination, and I had a super large movie-picture in my head every second. I also am a fan of books where the point of view alternates between characters, as you can piece all of their individual stories and thoughts with and against each other. Overall, this book is not as good as the others, but still enjoyable.
Felkaissi4
Dec 10, 2013 Felkaissi4 rated it it was amazing

Kallik wanted to get to the frozen sea so she can find her brother, but she is surprised when she finds out that her brother, Taqqiq has joined an evil group of bears and has done very bad things. The evil bears group challenges them to a battle. Taqqiq realises what he has done wrong and helps Kallik and her friends defeat the enemies

Love, Hatred, Acceptance, Guilt, shame
Tracie
Aug 09, 2012 Tracie rated it really liked it

This book started out really slow for me, which is actually odd for this series. It didn't really pick up until the middle of the book. I'm beginning to think that the magic that was in the first arc is missing from this one. I'd like to see that integrated back in. I'm looking forward to the survivors series with the dogs that comes out this month.
Hazel
Aug 16, 2016 Hazel rated it really liked it
Seekers is such an amazing book series. It also has a lot of emotional parts in it and the characters survive a lot of hardships enhancing the plot of the story.
Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America
It was fairly enjoyable. A bit confusing at first but overall a great book! I enjoy Warrior Cats more in all fairness.
Stephanie
Oct 02, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was ok
I do like the characters of this series, and I like that I learned a lot about different kinds of bears. But I do not think I will continue reading this series.
Tiana
Dec 06, 2014 Tiana rated it it was amazing
In my opinion. This was the best book in the Seekers series. But the Seekers series does not compare to the Warriors series.
King Hoole
Apr 05, 2013 King Hoole rated it really liked it
As all the other seekers book, this one was AMAZING. A little slow at first but really good at the end. Totally recommend it.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2013
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Nachtschwarz
Nachtschwarz rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Samantha Lienhard
Samantha Lienhard rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
の楓 戀
の楓 戀 rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Megan G Fye
Megan G Fye rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Benjamin Kervin
Benjamin Kervin rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2013
Katherine Mello
Katherine Mello rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
  • Frost Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #4)
  • Zombie Mommy (Pals in Peril, #5)
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • Chimpanzees I Love: Saving Their World And Ours
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5
  • Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation (Charlie Joe Jackson, #3)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) (Junie B. Jones, #28)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Seekers: Return to the Wild (6 books)
  • Island of Shadows (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #1)
  • River of Lost Bears (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #3)
  • Forest of Wolves (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #4)
  • The Burning Horizon (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #5)
  • The Longest Day (Seekers: Return to the Wild #6)

“It's your choice to make, Kallik. I made my choice when I left my homeland. My home is with you now. Wherever we go.” 2 likes
“Well, where I come from, there are lots of bears like me.” 1 likes