Start by marking “Peter Is Just a Baby” as Want to Read:
Peter Is Just a Baby

Peter Is Just a Baby

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Peter can't do any of the things that his big sister can. She can leap and skip, but he can only crawl. She only cries for very important things -- like scraping her knee -- but Peter cries all the time. She can use grown-up words and count in French; he can only say "dada" and "baba."

But after all, Peter is just a baby. Though maybe now that he's having his first birthda
Unknown Binding, 32 pages
Published November 11th 2011 by Eerdmans Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Peter Is Just a Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peter Is Just a Baby

Peter Derk
Apr 27, 2012 Peter Derk rated it it was ok
So some wiseass put this on my desk the other day. I figured, "Maybe someone is trying to send me a message." Then I figured, "Wait, screw them and their message!" Then I read the damn book.

Peter may be a baby, but his sister is a total beyotch. Nature will force Peter to stop being a baby, but beyotch is 4 life, yo.

She can't stop pointing out that he can't talk. Because he's 1. He can only say "baba" and "dada" while she, "...can even count to three in French." Great. Nothing like a little dope
Angela
Nov 28, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
In Peter is Just a Baby, the older sister relates all the things that she can do that Peter can't like using big words, learning French, and dancing. The story is cute as it leads up to Peter's first birthday and the sister hoping that Peter will now be able to do some of the things that she can do.

I love the way this book is illustrated. The characters are bears and the illustrations are soft. The pictures match the text very well and flow easily on the pages. Some of the pages have several sma
Amanda Duncan
Feb 23, 2016 Amanda Duncan rated it really liked it
This was a great book. Lots of learning involved! This could be used for a lesson in French for kids if they are taking a second language and it happens to be French. It could also be for kids that are about to get a younger sibling. It would teach them how it's going to be with the new baby, how they could help, and how things are different when you're so much younger. I think this is a great book for learning.
The Library Lady
Feb 22, 2012 The Library Lady rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love Marisabina Russo and have for many years, but I DON'T like the use of teddy bears instead of the realistic looking kids she has used in most of her other books.

And despite the fact that I am a Francophile who HAS taught her daughters bits and pieces of French for most of their lives the lack of the fourth star also includes the French bit here, which smacks too much of "Fancy Nancy" for my taste!
Rachel
Nov 29, 2011 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This is one of those rare books that all three of my children -- including both my board-book-loving two-year-old and my sophisticated almost-seven-year-old -- all enjoy together. (I say "enjoy" rather than "enjoyed" because we "enjoy" this book quite regularly now.)
Bobby
Jun 19, 2012 Bobby rated it liked it
Good book for the older sibling wrestling with an encroaching baby. A bit wordy for little ones but my 3 year old son definitely related to some of the scenarios.
Karen
Among other things peter's big sister can speak French! Lovely way to enumerate the ways kids grow into competence.
Susan
Mar 21, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Includes some French words in the story
Erika
Erika added it
Jul 14, 2016
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Amanda Banks
Amanda Banks rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Madison &
Madison & rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Nataly Mendoza
Nataly Mendoza rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Laura added it
Jan 22, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Gilbert
Gilbert rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Cathie
Cathie rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Genevieve Petrillo
Genevieve Petrillo rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Briony
Briony rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2012