Book of Christmas

Book of Christmas

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Hardcover
Published November 1991 by Reader's Digest (first published October 1st 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Christmas

Kathleen Dixon
I've had this book for 25 years and bring it out most Christmases along with the others on my Christmas shelf - How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Pukeko In A Ponga Tree:, a couple of Christmas carol books, a couple more compendiums, The Night Before Christmas, "The Kiwi Night Before Christmas", and half a dozen more.

The book contains these segments:
The Birth of Christ - the usual mishmash of the two Gospel birth narratives, but rather nicely illustrated
The History of Christmas, by Rumer Godden...more
Chuck Engelhardt
I love Christmas and stories about Christmastime. Although quite dated, Reader's Digest put together a wonderful collection in this book of familiar classics as well as other stories previously unknown to me. I was curious about where many of the writings came from and fortunately there is a reference section which indicated the lesser known anecdotes were found in magazines such as Atlantic Monthly. The Christmas around the world section is quite likely out of date, but it's depiction of life i...more
Roberta
The copy of I have belonged to my mother. I haven't read every single bit of it, but it's a lovely coffee table book to put out at the holidays.
Charly Leyequien
Charly Leyequien marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Kaushalya
Kaushalya marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Kat
Kat added it
Dec 27, 2011
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. is a global media and direct marketing company based in Chappaqua, New York, best known for its flagship publication founded in 1922, Reader's Digest. The company's headquarters are in New York City, where it moved from Pleasantville, New York.

The company was founded by DeWitt and Lila Wallace in 1922 with the first publication of Reader's Digest magazine, but...more
More about Reader's Digest...
Back to Basics Strange Stories, Amazing Facts New Complete Guide to Sewing Complete guide to needlework Quotable Quotes