Start by marking “Book of Christmas” as Want to Read:
Book of Christmas

Book of Christmas

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Hardcover
Published November 1991 by Reader's Digest (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Christmas

Kathleen Dixon
I've had this book for 25 years and bring it out most Christmases along with the others on my Christmas shelf - How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Pukeko In A Ponga Tree:, a couple of Christmas carol books, a couple more compendiums, The Night Before Christmas, "The Kiwi Night Before Christmas", and half a dozen more.

The book contains these segments:
The Birth of Christ - the usual mishmash of the two Gospel birth narratives, but rather nicely illustrated
The History of Christmas, by Rumer Godden
Chuck Engelhardt
I love Christmas and stories about Christmastime. Although quite dated, Reader's Digest put together a wonderful collection in this book of familiar classics as well as other stories previously unknown to me. I was curious about where many of the writings came from and fortunately there is a reference section which indicated the lesser known anecdotes were found in magazines such as Atlantic Monthly. The Christmas around the world section is quite likely out of date, but it's depiction of life i ...more
Mary Veritas
I used to read this all of the time after my parents got this for free. It has a nice compilation of holiday favorites. It is perfect for light Christmas themed reading.
Roberta
The copy of I have belonged to my mother. I haven't read every single bit of it, but it's a lovely coffee table book to put out at the holidays.
Sandra Williams
Sandra Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Charly Leyequien
Charly Leyequien marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Apr 27, 2014
Lindsay Stares
Lindsay Stares marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Bill
Bill added it
Sep 26, 2014
Kaushalya
Kaushalya marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Lisa Blair
Lisa Blair marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Witch Blaster
Witch Blaster marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Dec 16, 2013
Lynne
Lynne added it
Jul 11, 2011
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. is a global media and direct marketing company based in Chappaqua, New York, best known for its flagship publication founded in 1922, Reader's Digest. The company's headquarters are in New York City, where it moved from Pleasantville, New York.

The company was founded by DeWitt and Lila Wallace in 1922 with the first publication of Reader's Digest magazine, but
More about Reader's Digest Association...
Back to Basics New Complete Guide to Sewing Strange Stories, Amazing Facts The Girl Who Chased the Moon / Rainwater Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons