Kate's Daddy (Curran POV, #3)

Kate's Daddy (Curran POV #3)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  2,795 ratings  ·  136 reviews
This is the story Jim tells Curran about Kate’s
Daddy.
ebook
Published November 27th 2011

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisTiger's Curse by Colleen HouckTiger's Quest by Colleen HouckMagic Strikes by Ilona AndrewsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Lions/Tigers
13th out of 71 books — 34 voters
Vampire Origins - Project Ichorous by Riley BanksFeral Sins by Suzanne  WrightHere Kitty, Kitty! by Shelly LaurenstonMoon Called by Patricia BriggsTiger by Laurann Dohner
shapeshifter/vampire/immortal/magic
85th out of 145 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

♥Rachel♥
Favorite lines:

“Then we will fight him.” No man would ever take from me what was mine.

Kate… I didn’t want anyone else. Just Kate.
Mariya
I love reading anything in Curran's point of view, no surprise there. And there are tons of scenes I look back on after I read the Kate Daniel's series thinking I really wanted that scene in Curran's point of view or that one in his point of view. Basically I have tons I want and I was really excited to get this one after I remembered Kate making a comment about if Curran had a talk with Jim in MAGIC SLAYS.

And it was a scene I really wanted! And was happy to get it. I am so happy that Team Ilona...more
Anna
I'm not really a major fan of Curran, though I like the Kate Daniels series, but here I enjoyed not only Kate's back story from Curran's POV, but the little snippets about Jim and Dali: I find some of the secondary characters more interesting.
Here's a link to the Ilona Andrews website for the story in case you are having trouble finding it.
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
I love reading anything from Curran's POV and this does not disappoint. I love his protectiveness of Kate. I also enjoyed seeing Jim from a different view.
Lady Jaye
I love my - well, Kate's - Curran!!!

Although - how would Jim/Dali or whoever get all this info? That just doesn't make any sense to me. If this information is so dangerous that Kate has fought all of her life to keep it hidden (and Greg, and Voron, and Anna), and Jim/Dali/Mahon can figure it out, then how in the heck can't Roland - who is supposed to be a master builder, ruler of cities for centuries, and is supposedly rather smart? Yeah. My point exactly.

But still! I love my Curran. Thank you,...more
Leigh
I love reading anything from Curran's POV, and this one does not disappoint! True to what he tells Kate in the books, we see from his POV how much he truly loves and cares for Kate, no matter the consequences or her history. *sigh* What an alpha male.....
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
The Curran POVs are a lot of fun. Tiny little snippets of what's going on from Curran's side of things.

Vol 2 is still my absolute fav (I think Gordon went above & beyond with the Curran-Mahon fight), but I love them all.
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
Free:

---------

I always thought Rolands/Vorons conection to Kate was top secret so how did Jim find out?? :/
Heather C
This isn't the best of the Curran POV freebies but still interesting to read.
Ctanner
Always love to hear about what is going on in Curran's head.
Duchess Nicole
"Why could nothing with Kate be simple? Why couldn’t Jim ever just come by to tell me that he had bowled a perfect game or benched a personal best. Maybe finally asked that weird tiger girl out."

Though this is short enough to read in about fifteen minutes, it still sucked me right back into the world of Curran and Kate. Loaded with humor as only Ilona Andrews can do in so short a time, it still packs an emotional punch. This is when Curran learns from Jim who Kate's real father is, and between t...more
Melissa Hayden
Jim goes to Curran with information he has collected since the fight at the arena. Jim feels Curran should know more about Kate, her past, and her father, before he makes his choice on picking her as a mate.

First, this short read falls in line AFTER Magic Strikes.

Oh, this was a lovely quick read! I love getting Curran's POV with finding out about Kates biological father and the man that she calls dad. I liked getting the unbiased information from Jim, which he is very good at finding. It was nea...more
Kat
Basic plot: this was a short snippet that shows Curran's point of view of some of the events from the Kate Daniels books. This story takes place sort of between Magic Bleeds and Magic Slays.

This was a very short selection and it does NOT stand on its own. If you haven't read the Kate Daniels books, this won't make sense to you. That said, being as the Kate Daniels books are written in first-person perspective, from Kate's POV, getting a glimpse into the mind of the Beast Lord is interesting and...more
Trix
It's a good thing I read this after Magic Slays. I hate spoilers.

It was nice to see things from Curran's perspective. Especially such a touchy subject of Kate's origins. She had her doubts of whether Curran truly loved her and how much he knew before they were mated. This short story answers her questions but it also shows that Curran would not be intimidated by Kate's past and legacy and that his love was enough to keep him at her side. Very touching.

This story helped with the feel of the book,...more
Liv
This Curran POV was given as a "gift" after the votes that we had on the GR Choice Awards at the end of 2011. I forgot to write a review for this.

It was always fun to read scenes from Curran's POV. In this case, the interaction was between Curran and Jim, and it took place off the pages between Magic Strikes and Magic Bleeds. This was where Jim informed Curran of Kate's origins.

Their conversation was actually quite funny - typical Curran style!! :) I loved how despite all things, Curran remaine...more
Beth
OMG I loved this bit ...
"He was wearing his “we need to talk face,” which was quite different from his normal “I’m a badass don’t mess with me” face that Jim believed to be pleasantly neutral. He wasn’t just physically imposing; he had the ability to radiate menace. I think most of the time he was not even aware of it. He would make a terrible kindergarten teacher,.. "
Emily
I enjoy reading these scenes that fill in the blanks with what's going on in Curran's mind. They're so short, though, and I have a hard time rating any higher than 3. I do recommend them to fans of the Kate Daniels series who have read all the books and need more.
L-D
Quick read from Curran's POV. I always love to get Curran's side of things. In the past it was his point of view from scenes we have already witnessed through Kate's eyes. This is a scene with just Curran and Jim, however, so we gain completely new insight.
Marulett
I just love this series!!! It´s great when they publish Curran´s POV bc we only get Kate´s(hilarious I must say). I also recommend reading the twitter conversations up in Andrews´ website

I want the next book faster not in 2013 :(
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Now we know how Curran knows about Kate. I like it! I feel badly for Jim. He has a tough job. I'm more impressed with Curran. He stands by his woman. A lovely view from Curran's perspective.
Darcy
I loved this one, how Curran expected Kate's background to be big, but that it didn't bother him in the least, he just wanted to know so he could be prepared.
Coyora Dokusho
Read at least (2) times.

I like it, I also like that I read all of these after the mainline series because are they ever spoilerific.
Melindeeloo
I can't believe I haven't stumbled on to this before... It is timely though because Roland is slated to turn up in the next book(7)
Marsha
What can I say? I just cannot get enough of Curran. I love to read his POV and interactions with his subjects especially Jim.
Dija
Nov 30, 2011 Dija rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dija by: Mariya
Amazing, of course. Just wish it was longer. A lot longer. Like, a whole book longer.
Joy
Read this a while ago--always love hearing from Curran
Seh
I always love to read Curran POV...can't wait for more!!!
Meghan Doidge
always love these little shorts!!
Debbie
Best short story
  • An Ill-Advised Rescue Part 1 (Kate Daniels)
  • An Apple for the Creature (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
  • Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)
  • Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Web of Deceit (Elemental Assassin, #0.4)
Curran, Vol. I  (Curran POV, #1) Curran, Vol. II: Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2) Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4) Curran; Fernando's (Curran POV, #5) Curran; On the Day of the Panty Dinner: Part 1 (Curran POV, #6)

“It’s like King Arthur, but Lancelot is a butcher and Guinevere is knocked up.” 23 likes
“Why could nothing with Kate be simple? Why couldn’t Jim ever just come by to tell me that he had bowled a perfect game or benched a personal best.
Maybe finally asked that weird tiger girl out.”
15 likes