Start by marking “Beyond Neverland (Neverland Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Neverland (Neverland Duet, #2)

Beyond Neverland (Neverland Duet #2)

In the wake of Neverland’s destruction, Michael Darling harbors a heart that cannot find its place in the real world. John Darling is haunted by the memories of a native princess’s kiss. Tootles is a Lost Boy well and truly lost. And Wendy Darling writes of longing, and wears a gold button on a chain around her neck that once belonged to a notorious pirate captain.

But the
Published (first published December 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Neverland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Neverland

Bared to You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardThe Siren by Tiffany ReiszGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
Smut for the Smart
406th out of 1,306 books — 1,887 voters
Girl Lost by Nazarea AndrewsNeverland by Anna KatmoreHook's Pan by Marie HallTiger Lily by Jodi Lynn AndersonForever Found by Nazarea Andrews
Peter Pan Themed Romance
11th out of 22 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan 15, 2014 Mairice rated it it was amazing
OMG!! Holy S$%t!! This book just blew my mind! Disney has nothing on you Heather!! I always would think about the next story of Peter Pan and this series just is amazing. I am really having a hard time trying not to give out spoilers at this time. I wanna cry right now because I have to wait for the final book. PEOPLE THIS IS A MUST READ!!! Have you ever wondered what happened next and how did it come to begin with? I have and this book would be amazing in a movie. Captain Hook was such an inten ...more
Dianna Hardy
Jan 01, 2014 Dianna Hardy rated it it was amazing
As always with Heather's stories, whether she's writing about fairies, werewolves, heroes or villains, it's her ability to paint a picture (using beautiful prose, I might add) and bring her characters to life that wins me over every time. James Hook, Wendy, Peter, Tink, and the whole gang are three dimensional and so life-like you'll be thinking about them well after the story's over. Both books - Forever Neverland and Beyond Neverland - are wonderful reads, and I would recommend reading them ba ...more
Lace Tully
Dec 23, 2011 Lace Tully marked it as to-read
when is this coming out?!?!? I'm dying here!!
Aug 10, 2016 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytales
I seriously LOVE this book. It literally had me at the edge of my seat 99% of the time. You literally have no clue what was going to happen next. Which, I love! I love when books have different outcomes than you expected, have you guessing on what will happen next to the point you are literally freaking out because you have to know, and can be original all at this same time. In my opinion with those qualities alone make a good book. But, at times I can seriously have deep freaking hatred for tho ...more
Amanda Hammock
Jul 23, 2013 Amanda Hammock rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The idea of the Darling children after they came back is what hook...pun intended, me into reading this. What kept me reading was the fantastic story that presented itself to me with every page. A delicious and different take on a classic story. Surprises, turns and twists you will not see coming. Worth reading, and reading again.
Feb 04, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to this book for a long time. I loved “Forever Neverland”. I admittedly can’t remember much of that story line anymore, but when Beyond Neverland came out I bought it instantly.

This book was written in a way that it sounded like poetry. It makes sense for this type of book more than the author’s other works. It was beautifully written.

This book takes up two years after the end of the first book. Neverland was destroyed by Wendy’s story to save their lives. Hook and P
Scott Love
Dec 15, 2013 Scott Love rated it it was amazing
Peter Pan was one of my most-loved stories when I was a kid so I never thought I would like a sequel. I tried this one only because of the author. I have loved everything I've read of Heather's and this was no exception! This story starts five years after the Darling children return from Neverland. John stops believing and Wendy has to see a therapist. The real world can't believe the story the children told and that causes all sorts of turmoil in their life. Peter and Tink are in the real world ...more
May 05, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this author by complete accident one day, years ago. The first book in this series, Forever Neverland, was free. I bought it and reluctantly started reading (I say reluctant because hardly ever do you find a free book that's actually good). I was pleasantly surprised. I loved it. At the end there was a release date for the sequel, Beyond Neverland, for later that year. After doing some research, I had found that the date was wrong and there was no actual release date. I was terri ...more
Mar 05, 2014 R.G. rated it really liked it
so this book made me cry like a baby... which I think deserves a good rating because it hit me so hard... but, though, the beginning did snag me in and I loved seeing how everyone was both trying to move on from Neverland but still very haunted by it... it was like they were all hoping it might come back and scared of what would happen if it did... but when the mysterious fog came and they all sensed that Neverland was reforming... during that time it felt a little dragged out as she told of eac ...more
Julissa Tavarez
Jan 04, 2014 Julissa Tavarez rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Well, she did it again. I was waiting for this book, like FOREVER!!!! and I was not disappointed. If you want to know what happened with the Darling's children, the Lost Boys, Peter Pan, Tinkbell and Captain Hook? mannn this is the book for you. Like in Forever Neverland, first book in this series, "Beyond Neverland" is full of magic, adventures, ups and downs, suspense, surprises, impossibilities and Pixies dust. Beyond Neverland is an excelente book for all ages. This book is a must read, easy ...more
Julissa Tavarez
Jan 04, 2014 Julissa Tavarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mar 26, 2014 Nereid rated it really liked it
Shelves: heather-s-books
It is strange how long it took me to read this series as I was very invested in the vampires and werewolf type stories so I finally got around to reading it. I must say I was not disappointed and I really enjoyed the different take on Peter Pan and the crew. What a tale that is told - full of magic and mystery and a whole new spin on the classic tale of Peter Pan albeit a much more handsome and captivating Captain Hook that's for sure. Heather is such a wonderful storyteller and she sweeps you a ...more
Maggie Frank
Jan 16, 2014 Maggie Frank rated it it was amazing
I am not sure how I can put into words what a phenomenal read this was. As many of us did, I grew up on the story of Peter Pan and love the fact that with this book and its prequel we are given a beautiful story of what happened to all of the characters after the original story. And as a side note, Captain James Hook has never been so smoking hot:) I literally could not put this one down and was blown away at the ending (with tears shed to be sure). Sad to see this series end but grateful to hav ...more
Jul 12, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
This one was a little harder to get into then the first book. It honestly has nothing to do with the writing or the story. We just we have so many characters to catch up with since the end of the first book. They aren't all in the same world, so many of the chapters are from different POV and about different worlds that she has to build for us. Once we got past all of that, the story really took off. Of course it had me sobbing at the end. Great story and I'd love to read more from this world.
Apr 12, 2015 Mindy rated it it was ok
I think Wendy and Hook's "relationship" caused the biggest issue here for me. It was written very twisted and controlling. Not healthy, but the author was making it out as romantic and dreamy to be overpowered. Creepy.

Tootles once again meant mostly nothing to the story but he got dragged into it nonetheless.

Wendy let fly the F word. Not impressed. Definitely not necessary.

Some people just wouldn't die. That's annoying.

It seemed very short and not fleshed out enough in my opinion.
Lindsey Riley
Dec 17, 2014 Lindsey Riley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, re-tellings
In this sequel, the author delivers a story as good as the first! It mainly focuses on Wendy, as she comes to grips with her feelings for a character she accidentally fell for in the first book.

This book definitely had me hooked! I laughed, I cried out in fear, and I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning to finish! I love when fairy tales are retold with a twist, and the conclusion to this story definitely delivers! Five stars!
Maxine Viera
Dec 21, 2014 Maxine Viera rated it it was amazing
Heather Killough-Walden never ceases to amaze me with her exceptional writing. All of her books are captivating and I find myself unable to put them down once started. This book is no exception and is by far her best yet. Heather brings her twist on Peter Pan and Neverland to an epic conclusion in this book. I.found myself rooting for the unexpected people, I laughed, I cheered and I cried. The words "The End" on the last page made me truly saddened. This book is a must read!
Sarah Weaver
Jan 06, 2014 Sarah Weaver rated it it was amazing
I read this book back to back with the first book in the series, Forever Neverland. I absolutely LOVED IT! Adventure, romance, revenge and redemption; who could really ask for more? Why give up fairy tales as we grow up if the fairy tale can grow with you? I'm already planning when I can read this series again.
Rose Lafrance
I have always hated that peter left Wendy, and this book helped fill the void the original Peter Pan story left in my heart. I have always been obsessed with Peter Pan and Oh my gosh, this book forever ruined him for me, but in the best way possible. Every time I think of Peter Pan or hear a song, I start to cry. What I would give for a book three!
Heather Knick
Oct 18, 2015 Heather Knick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was an awesome, quick read. I loved how the series ended, and the stories behind each character. I felt every emotion, and was in love with Hook and Wendy. So glad I read this. :)
Feb 23, 2014 Aleah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hwk
The immense pleasure I had in reading the sequel to Forever Neverland!!!!! This Highly anticipated sequel was so worth the wait! HKW continues to bring us a Hook you cannot help but fall in love with & villains that are sexy & BAD BAD BAD!!!!! I wonder if a trilogy is in the works here.....?
Kathryn Spazz
Jan 04, 2014 Kathryn Spazz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hkw you did it again another excellent read i love the way this one ended i started right before going to bed and couln't put it down until i finished it was a late night but totally worth it was unputadownable
Sherri Wyman
Mar 29, 2015 Sherri Wyman rated it it was amazing
All hale Captain James Hook! Secretly I've always been a huge Hook fan. I was excited to see his story come to life the way it does in this wonderfully heartbreaking tale of Beyond Neverland. If you only read one tale about the adventures of Neverland, make it this one.
Lauren Case
Jan 07, 2014 Lauren Case rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. I wished there would have been more one on one interaction between Wendy and James. More intimate. Their characters, especially James was so strong and intense but I just didn't feel like I got enough of them two together. But overall I enjoyed the book as a whole.
Lisa Lopez
Feb 24, 2014 Lisa Lopez rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It is the sequel to Forever Neverland. I don't really like YA books and somehow this was and was not a YA book at the same time. I loved how everyone "Grew" and progressed, and yes I wanted to be a pirate!
Emily Ever
Really good. Really really good. Both this and the first story in the series was a great re-imagining of Peter Pan. I loved where she took the characters and how she expanded on the original world building.

Definitely a good read.
Jan 03, 2014 Anita rated it it was amazing
omg ..what a story ...had me blubbering before the end ....maybe we should call Heather Killough-Walden Wendy now she is such a great storyteller ...I really really hope there will be more of these Neverland stories ....
Janet Murphy-DeBlois

What else can you say about a childhood story, continuing to a new adventure. So well written, it grabs your imagination and takes you with each page into Neverland.
Well done!
May 04, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
Wow... Heather Killough-Walden did it again!! Made me fall in love even more with Captain Hook!!! I loved the continuation of Neverland and getting to see how some had changed and others had not. Absolutely love this series!
Karen Main
Jan 27, 2014 Karen Main rated it it was amazing
Different twist on a Classic children's story. The children are all grown up and finding their own way in the world. A fast pace read full of action.
  • Pan's Revenge (Adventures in Neverland #2)
  • The Dreamer, Volume 2
  • Hook & Jill (Hook and Jill Saga, #1)
  • The King's Gold: An Old World Novel of Adventure
  • Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2)
  • A Pirate's Promise
  • Levitating Las Vegas
  • An Angel for the Earl
  • Atoning (Darkness Rising, #3.1)
  • Defying a Pirate
  • The Gathering Flame
  • Swept Away
  • Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of Cinderella
  • They Went Whistling: Women Wayfarers, Warriors, Runaways, and Renegades
  • Her One Wish (Kingdom, #10)
  • Reckless (Tempted, #2)
  • Sleeping Angel (Ravenwood Mysteries, #3)
  • Rapunzel (Faerie Tale Collection, #10)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website ...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...

Neverland Duet (2 books)
  • Forever Neverland (Neverland Duet, #1)