Start by marking “Comptia Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: Sy0-301 Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Comptia Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: Sy0-301 Study Guide

Comptia Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: Sy0-301 Study Guide

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide is an update to the top-selling SY0-201 guide, which helped thousands of readers pass the exam the first time they took it. The SY0-301 version covers every aspect of the SY0-301 exam, and includes the same elements readers raved about in the previous version. Each of the eleven chapters presents topics in an ...more
Published November 10th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Comptia Security+, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comptia Security+

David
May 11, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Self-Study or Instructors
Recommended to David by: A Colleague
I ordered this book after reading a CompTIA Security+ Exam book by another author. While I thought the book was good, I felt a little anxiety about crossing the line and taking the exam afterwards. I might add, that not only must I pass the exam, but I'm also going to be teaching this course. If others are to follow me, I'm feeling that they might end up feeling like I do (slightly uneasy).

I'm halfway through Darril Gibson's book and I can tell you that you should DEFINITELY read this book befor
Matthew Williams
Dec 26, 2014 Matthew Williams rated it liked it
Decent overview but not sure someone with little experience could pass by reading this book alone. The author's forum has some good information on the simulations that are not present at all in the book.
Eric
Feb 05, 2014 Eric rated it it was amazing
Shelves: certiication
Just took the exam with no additional study materials other than this book, and passed, so it must be pretty good :-) Seriously, it is well written and up to date, a great read if you are looking to brush up on security topics or take the CompTIA exam!
IAmThaGoodReader
Apr 03, 2014 IAmThaGoodReader rated it really liked it
The information was sound, but it seemed like every piece of text in the Kindle edition was a link, so I found myself constantly inadvertently clicking on links when I only wanted to go to the next page.
Benjamin Christian
May 03, 2014 Benjamin Christian rated it it was amazing
Everything I needed to know for the Security+ all in one book, and a enjoyable read as well. Plenty of examples to put everything into context.
Justin K Kwon
Oct 03, 2014 Justin K Kwon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great review book for security plus

the author simplifies and gives great examples for security plus concepts making feel better prepared to take the exam. highly recommend.
Rob
Apr 26, 2015 Rob rated it really liked it
This book helped me rapidly spin up from zero cyber security knowledge to a decent grasp of the basics. It has a good balance of conceptual "gee whiz" info and practical application.
Mo
Mo rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Steve Ash
Steve Ash rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Tim Heath
Tim Heath rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Tom
Jan 10, 2015 Tom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: security-studies
I read it. I reviewed it. I passed my test. It's as simple as that.
Carlos J Maldonado
Carlos J Maldonado rated it it was amazing
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Sherri P.
Sherri P. rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Michael Gourdin
Michael Gourdin rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Cynthia Alvarez
Cynthia Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Brian Chang
informative, dense, hard to process unless you are studying.
Jeremiah Sholes
Jeremiah Sholes rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2013
jeffrey
jeffrey rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Mikhail
Mikhail rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Laura Schroeder
Laura Schroeder rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
Yassir Saeed
Yassir Saeed rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Bret Dahlquist
Bret Dahlquist rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2012
Garry P Glaspell
Garry P Glaspell rated it really liked it
Landon Mayo
Landon Mayo rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Tarik
Tarik rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Phillipe Bojorquez
Phillipe Bojorquez rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide: (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) [With CDROM]
  • Comptia A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802)
  • CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide
  • Upgrading and Repairing PCs
  • CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide
  • The Complete World Encyclopedia of Guns: Pistols, Rifles, Revolvers, Machine and Submachine Guns Through History in 1100 Photographs
  • Backtrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide
  • CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide
  • Battle at Sea: 3,000 Years of Naval Warfare
  • Dream Home (Dream, #7)
  • The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy
  • Laughs, Luck...and Lucy: How I Came to Create the Most Popular Sitcom of All Time (with "I LOVE LUCY's Lost Scenes" and rare Lucille Ball audio)
  • Practical Packet Analysis: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems
  • Target Tirpitz: X-Craft, Agents and Dambusters - The Epic Quest to Destroy Hitler's Mightiest Warship
  • Trafalgar: The Nelson Touch
  • The Bravest Battle: The Twenty-eight Days of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
  • Operation Fortitude
  • Engineering Long-Lasting Software

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »