Scattered Ashes

Scattered Ashes

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Twenty-two-year-old Jordan Carroway has a plan--marry his best friend, Alyssa and start a family. A month before the wedding, he meets Nicole O'Roarke during a physical education class. Nicole--the woman who tips his canoe, steps on a cactus, and makes him laugh. They fall madly in love, though neither confess it as they both feel the weight of responsibility. Jordan ultim...more
Paperback
Published December 30th 2012 by Createspace (first published December 30th 2011)

PhobicPrerogative
The book cover was quite...off for a romance novel. A paranormal storyline would have worked well with it but not a contemporary novel.

Scattered Ashes wasn't the least bit exciting for me. Jordan and Nicole met, fell for each other, went back to their lives while pining for each other. From my understanding, since I gave up some place in the middle, this thing between them went on for a long time, even when one of them had a child or something...

My biggest problem is that their romance didn't mo...more
Levian
Nicole had to attend an extra outdoor class in order to graduate. she was paired up with Jordan, a guy she met for the first time, just 1 month before his wedding. they fell madly in love, but neither confess as they felt the weight of responsibility. one month later, Jordan married Alyssa, his best friend in college; while Nicole returned to her life, getting married to Michael years later. however, their relationship didn't end there. for many years to come, they constantly thought of each oth...more
Jen
I enjoyed the story quite a bit and liked how it skipped through time. The kindle edition has quite a lot of formatting, spelling and grammatical problems that were distracting. I think overall the novel could use some 'tidying up' but it was still an enjoyable read.
Black Queen
Feb 16, 2012 Black Queen marked it as to-read
I've read the review and love it...at that moment I wanted to start reading this book! And then I heard about this giveaway and said to myself this the chance to win a copy...So I hurry up and enter this wonderful giveaway..:D I hope I win...One awesome book review.
Dee
Feb 26, 2012 Dee marked it as to-read
I won this book as a Goodreads First Read.
Serena Patel
Serena Patel marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Rachel Verdi
Rachel Verdi marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Shelbycharlotte
Shelbycharlotte is currently reading it
May 23, 2014
Karrie Scarbrow
Karrie Scarbrow is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2014
Sharday Preyer
Sharday Preyer marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Feb 24, 2014
Kristy Parker
Kristy Parker marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Feather
Feather marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Allison Sautkus
Allison Sautkus marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Stella
Stella marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Dalene
Dalene marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Jess Kratzer
Jess Kratzer marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Cyndy
Cyndy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Cassie Hawkings
Cassie Hawkings marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
  • Six of One
  • Cycles
  • The Man Who Left
  • A Legacy of Madness: Recovering My Family from Generations of Mental Illness
  • A Touch of Honor (The Honor Trilogy #1)
  • Self-published version: At the End: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel (The Road to Extinction, #1)
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • Cameron's Court
  • Sufferstone (Dolvia Saga, #1)
  • Losing Clementine
  • A Charmed Life
  • Santa Claus and Little Sister
  • No Alternative
  • What Would Satan Do?
  • The Dream Where the Losers Go
October Breezes (October Breezes #1) Sojourner (Sojourner, #1) Summer Sunsets (October Breezes #2) Second Sight (Sojourner, #3) Covenant (Sojourner, #2)