Start by marking “The Parting Gift” as Want to Read:
The Parting Gift

The Parting Gift

Blaine Graham lost his mother at the tender age of eleven. Grief over the loss drove a wedge between him and his father, and soon proved too difficult for him to deal with. At the age of sixteen, he falsified his papers and made the trip across the border into Canada with his best friend to join the Royal Canadian Air Force and enter the war in Europe as a pilot. Ten years ...more
Published November 24th 2011 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about The Parting Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parting Gift

Seriously Reviewed
Jan 07, 2012 Seriously Reviewed rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I do not know if this review will give appropriate justice to not only the storyline but the presentation. The Parting Gift is a story of heartfelt emotion. The emotion is not subject to one area but it covers all areas from joy, love, laughter, new found discoveries to loss and heartache. Leah Sanders has done more than an excellent job of bringing out the emotions of human beings in the purest of forms.

The story begins with the funeral of Emily Graham, wife to David Graham and mother
May 14, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-ebook
This is my first book that I've read by Van Dyken and I really enjoy her writing style. She has great character development and dialogue and I found myself absorbed in the storyline. I think my only complaint is that I wanted it to be longer. I felt like it wrapped up too fast.
Sandy Wilbanks
Jul 12, 2012 Sandy Wilbanks rated it really liked it
Very touching story! Loved it!
Yvonne (Fiction Books)
May 18, 2014 Yvonne (Fiction Books) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Yvonne (Fiction Books) by: Astraea Press Publisher
"Two Inspired Authors, One Emotional And Thought Provoking Book"

The synergy and collaborative thinking between two independent authors, coming together to co-write something as difficult as the short novella, must be something very special.

Rachel and Leah have pulled this off spectacularly with `The Parting Gift', to produce:- A compact novella which manages to incorporate a well-defined beginning, middle and end; an escapist and not too overly emotional read, which still manages to incorporate
Ashley
Jul 15, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of the most emotional reads that I've had in a while. I was only in Prologue and the tears were already there.

Blaine Graham lost his mother at the age of eleven and his father was so blinded by pain that it made them distant from one another. Blaine couldn't take it anymore so he ran away at 16 years old and made ends meet and he ended up being a member of Royal Canadian Air Force. Fast forward, ten years later, he receives a telegram telling him that his father is dying an
Ashlyn Torres
Sep 11, 2012 Ashlyn Torres rated it it was ok

As far as stories go, I really enjoyed this book. However, I thought it was poorly written. The premise was wonderful, but I just wished a better writer would have done it. The characters were not believable at all. It just seemed like they had no real personality. Reading this book was like watching one of those really old corny romance movies where the women swoon, and the men fall head over heels in love with the beautiful blond. I really liked all the talk about how the lord can change your
Nellie
Feb 18, 2013 Nellie rated it liked it
Good, clean, and fun. It seemed short. No cussing and no steamy scenes. Uuhhh, kind of lacking in the "building a relationship" part. No deep conversations, and no real interaction to create the relationship. But, maybe that was the shortness of it. I was not my favorite Van Dyken book, but it was a sweet, clean romance.
Nancy Metsch
Dec 12, 2013 Nancy Metsch rated it it was amazing
I was floored by this book. It made me cry on and off through the whole thing. I loved how Blaine was able to forgive David. It took alot from Blaine too come around which really was so sad. But in the end he found happiness.....Thumbs up too another amazing book by my favorite Arther :-)
Kayla
Jun 15, 2013 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-books
This is definitely a must read book. It brought me to tears of both sadness and joy in the end ( the first book to ever do that ) I would Definitely read it again.
Becky
Jul 20, 2013 Becky rated it liked it
Meh. The sap was way too thick for me, and there wasn't much depth to the characters or their relationship.
Celeste Everetts
Celeste Everetts rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
Liza Tice
Liza Tice rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Mstotleben
Mstotleben rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Shann
Shann rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2016
Marliz
Marliz rated it liked it
May 27, 2013
Rebecca (Beckee)
Rebecca (Beckee) rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Michelle N
Michelle N rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2012
nikki jo
nikki jo rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Scoyphenson
Jun 17, 2012 Scoyphenson rated it did not like it
Self-righteous and trite. I gave up at the beginning of the third chapter.
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2013
Luisa
Luisa rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2014
Mandie
Mandie rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2011
Donna (More Than a Review)
Donna (More Than a Review) rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Julianne Ceravalo
Julianne Ceravalo rated it it was ok
May 02, 2013
Tracy Carman
Tracy Carman rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Char McGrant
Char McGrant rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Glover
Glover rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Lindsey Orton Vest
Lindsey Orton Vest rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Into the Light (Sutton Family, #2)
  • Living London
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Finding Home
  • Rockstar Romance Boxed Set
  • The Troubleman Takes a Wife
  • Charity Begins at Home
  • Tempt Me With Kisses (Maiden and Her Knight, #2)
  • Two Turtledoves (The House of Renwick)
  • The Earl Next Door
  • FOUND : The Rake And The Recluse : Part Two
  • School Fling Anthology: Class is in Session
  • The Unwanted Earl (The Love Birds, #2)
  • The Wicked Lord Montague (Castonbury Park #1)
  • Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)
  • If Love Dares Enough (Montbryce Legacy, #3)
  • Celtic Sun (Celtic Steel, #5)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...
More about Rachel Van Dyken...