The Parting Gift

The Parting Gift

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Blaine Graham lost his mother at the tender age of eleven. Grief over the loss drove a wedge between him and his father, and soon proved too difficult for him to deal with. At the age of sixteen, he falsified his papers and made the trip across the border into Canada with his best friend to join the Royal Canadian Air Force and enter the war in Europe as a pilot. Ten years...more
Published November 24th 2011 by Astraea Press

Seriously Reviewed
Amazing! I do not know if this review will give appropriate justice to not only the storyline but the presentation. The Parting Gift is a story of heartfelt emotion. The emotion is not subject to one area but it covers all areas from joy, love, laughter, new found discoveries to loss and heartache. Leah Sanders has done more than an excellent job of bringing out the emotions of human beings in the purest of forms.

The story begins with the funeral of Emily Graham, wife to David Graham and mother...more
This is my first book that I've read by Van Dyken and I really enjoy her writing style. She has great character development and dialogue and I found myself absorbed in the storyline. I think my only complaint is that I wanted it to be longer. I felt like it wrapped up too fast.
Sandy Wilbanks
Very touching story! Loved it!
Ashlyn Torres

As far as stories go, I really enjoyed this book. However, I thought it was poorly written. The premise was wonderful, but I just wished a better writer would have done it. The characters were not believable at all. It just seemed like they had no real personality. Reading this book was like watching one of those really old corny romance movies where the women swoon, and the men fall head over heels in love with the beautiful blond. I really liked all the talk about how the lord can change your...more
Nellie
Good, clean, and fun. It seemed short. No cussing and no steamy scenes. Uuhhh, kind of lacking in the "building a relationship" part. No deep conversations, and no real interaction to create the relationship. But, maybe that was the shortness of it. I was not my favorite Van Dyken book, but it was a sweet, clean romance.
Nancy Metsch
I was floored by this book. It made me cry on and off through the whole thing. I loved how Blaine was able to forgive David. It took alot from Blaine too come around which really was so sad. But in the end he found happiness.....Thumbs up too another amazing book by my favorite Arther :-)
Kayla
This is definitely a must read book. It brought me to tears of both sadness and joy in the end ( the first book to ever do that ) I would Definitely read it again.
Becky
Meh. The sap was way too thick for me, and there wasn't much depth to the characters or their relationship.
Sara Kennedy
Such a good love story! What a better way to show Gods love thru forgiveness and mercy.
Shaula
Self-righteous and trite. I gave up at the beginning of the third chapter.
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Claire Thomas
Claire Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Lilian
Lilian marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Shelby Reeves
Shelby Reeves marked it as to-read
Sami Dawn
Sami Dawn marked it as to-read
Tricia Bartley
Tricia Bartley marked it as to-read
Joy Greenwood
Joy Greenwood marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Lynn Bosman
Lynn Bosman marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Samantha St cricq
Samantha St cricq marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances. When she's not writing you can find her drinking coffee at Starbucks and plotting her next book while watching The Bachelor.
She keeps her home in Idaho with her Husband and their snoring Boxer, Sir Winston Churchill. She loves to hear from readers! You can follow her...more
More about Rachel Van Dyken...
Ruin (Ruin, #1) The Bet (The Bet, #1) Tear (Seaside, #1) The Wager (The Bet, #2) Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)