A Cold Winter's Day (Brac Pack, #25)

A Cold Winter's Day (Brac Pack #25)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  724 ratings  ·  21 reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, older hero, shape-shifters, HEA]

Malcolm Lakeland has watched most of his sons find their mates. He never thought a day would come when he would find one of his own. Leaving the rec center on a cold winter’s day, Malcolm hears a baby crying in the bed of his truck. When he also finds a half-froz...more
Published February 18th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Cold Winter's Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cold Winter's Day

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
84th out of 603 books — 1,397 voters
With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
451st out of 652 books — 927 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
In an interesting, and somewhat unexpected, deviation from what I expected to happen next in this series, this volume actually has Malcolm, the father of the mini bear-clan, find a mate. So far only his sons were so lucky and I loved the surprise. At the same time, the overall story is developed further as we find out more about the mysterious wood elves and their dark plans.

Malcolm is the quintessential Alpha, but, being a bear, he is more open about showing his affection than, say, Maverick, A...more
Tj
I did enjoy this continuation of the series. It is a typical Hagen book though so if you don't like the others DON'T buy it. The humor is still located throughout the book. Some of the phrases were not the best, "small hue" what is that? But it was a fun read and I was glad "Papa Bear" got his mate!
Joyfully Reviewed
Raising seven bear shifter sons is widower Malcolm Lakeland’s legacy to his beloved wife. These days Malcolm feels the weight of loneliness pressing in on him as the years pass by. Though his wife wasn’t his mate the bear shifter loved her, but now he holds onto the hope that maybe, just maybe his mate is out there somewhere waiting to be found.

Considering how bitterly cold it is maybe running wasn’t the smartest thing to do, except Luke refuses to turn his 5 month old son Cole over to Shanta, l...more
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo...more
Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Eh. It wasn’t so bad. Comparatively speaking maybe slightly above medium. Certainly interesting enough to get the older generation fixed up, even if that distinction is irrelevant what with the lack of aging and ridiculously long lives.

That said, it still wasn’t great. Maybe I am just getting tired of this author. I mean I’ve read 39 of her books in a row now, so it’d make perfect sense if a certain fatigue set it. *yawns*

Well, better tackle the rest so I can move on.
Angel
This book was long overdue... I really love this story if you like "big burly bears" fnally fondong love and a elf getting the love and safety he deserves... as well as a pair of twins getting a snowball or two thrown at them.. then you'll love this read.
Lynn Hagen does it again.
Crys Harris
Insipid, boring, and abrupt. Also, the perspective changes are confusing. It takes you a few seconds to know who is talking. Finally, I'm all for kink, and I don't ave a problem with May-December relationships, but calling one's lover 'papa bear' during sex is gross.
Veronica / Miss V
I thought next book on this series, was going to be about D the vampire.
Never mind as I love this sequel, as one of my favorite Bear shifter is Malcolm.
As always I'm looking forward for the sequel.
Byron
See Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) by Lynn Hagen for series review.
Emily
Originally read in 2012
Akifune
This is a nice light read with a warm cup of tea. And of course with the HEA in the end. :)
Erticchic378
Another great story in this series. I cannot wait for D's story as well as Riley's. Great job.
Candice
2nd read June 2014

First read 11-8-13
Papa Bear gets some lovin'!
Sam
Much better than the last 10 or so books in. Series. Malcolm is wonderful.
Davina
Love love love it, twins had me rolling with laughter
Kristy Maitz
Was good reading. Had some humor it it.
Dakota
4 1/2 Stars - Well written story.
Heather♥
Way to go Papa Bear!
Tracy Piccolo
Brac Pack 25
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed, #3)
  • Kinky Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #3)
  • Damian (Marius Brothers, #5)
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew, #3)
  • The Shark Who Rode a Seahorse (Mate or Meal, #5)
  • Determined Mate (Holland Brothers, #2)
  • Catlin's Appaloosa (Kontra's Menagerie, #2)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Sunshine’s Savior (Brac Pack, #3)