Start by marking “Last Christmas” as Want to Read:
Last Christmas

Last Christmas

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Last Christmas, Carter broke AJ's heart. Now, this Christmas, Carter is back, wanting another chance with AJ. But is it too late to make this Christmas magical for them both?

Free Holiday Story - Available from All Romance eBooks
ebook, 1st Edition
Published November 26th 2011 by Shawn Lane

To ask other readers questions about Last Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Christmas

Arthur

I usually like Shawn Lane's story, but not this one. The blurb has already said the basic plot. (view spoiler)...more
Ryan
Jan 05, 2012 Ryan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: wtf
The story lost me once it is revealed why Carter broke up with A.J. It was a bullshit reason and if I had been AJ I would have told Carter to go to hell. I mean really? And it gets worse when, A.J. easily forgives Carter after repeatedly saying how much he "hated" the man and they immediately jump into bed together.
REALLY? REALLY?????

Elizabetta
Read for the M/M Bingo Challenge:

There's not much of a story here. After dating for about a month around the holidays, two guys break up over a misunderstanding that could have easily been cleared up with a little communication. A year later Carter tries to win AJ back. Ok... I didn't feel the chemistry between these two guys, Carter comes across as pushy and AJ a pushover. The make-up happens too fast, they jump into bed and BAM everything is cool again. At only 20 pages long there's not much r...more
Alina
Wow, I'm surprised about the low ratings for this book! I think the story's wonderful, one of my favorite from Shawn Lane actually. In such a short book she managed to portray two very 3-dimensional sympathetic characters. I really loved their story and I felt for AJ's heartbreak and I thought Carter'd totally had his reasons to keep the whole sad thing with Doug in secret. At the end I was so happy for them and I just love the stories about second chances. Great!
mah1
Dec 27, 2013 mah1 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own, free
An extra star because this was free. This was a nice little holiday read but I felt it had potential for more. (view spoiler)
Julesmarie
Not bad for a free short story. Interesting premise, but there's just not enough space in 20 pages to make motivations clear, and that's what I missed in being able to enjoy it. I just kept wondering why these men had made and were making the choices they did. It's a sweet christmas-themed short with a happy ending, though, so 2.5 stars.
Raevyn

This is a very short story that could have been a better read if it was longer. AJ's heart was broken by Carter and the next Christmas Carter shows up to win him back. I thought the explanation for the break-up was a little flimsy, but the forgiveness was way too quick.
Lucy
1.5. AJ was a sweetheart who let himself think with his penis and Carter, well, that was the worst excuse ever and absolutely no reason not to have told him. ugh, I wanted AJ to say no
Vivian Archer
Cute second chance holiday love story. Carter needs a smack upside the head for crap communication skills and AJ is just a sweetie.
Rae
Really liked this story. AJ was sweet, even though I thought he forgave Carter a little too easily IMHO, but I still very much enjoyed it.
Sadonna
Nov 29, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, mm, pdf
Cute short story about second chances.
melek
Misunderstanding second chance short and sweet
Jimmy
2.5
Tailtiu
2,49*
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Myles Away
Myles Away marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
BTina
BTina marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
May 02, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Shawn Lane writes gay erotic romances. She is published with Amber Quill, Silver Publishing, Ellora's Cave and Dreamspinner Press. She lives in Southern California and the majority of her books are set in California.
More about Shawn Lane...
Car Wash (Car Wash, #1) At Long Last (Scott and Preston, #1) Perfect Man Trust Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)