Start by marking “A Perfect Grave (Jason Wade, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Grave (Jason Wade, #3)

A Perfect Grave (Jason Wade #3)

The face in the mirror belongs to a man Sister Anne McGrath knew years ago. The cold blade against her throat guarantees her silence. Can rookie reporter Jason Wade unravel the truth behind the nun's murder.
Published September 1st 2007 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Grave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Grave

Patricia
Mar 12, 2008 Patricia rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Grave
Rick Mofina
Pinnacle Books, 2007, 362 pps.
ISBN No. 978-0-7860-1848-2

Sometimes events from the past make their way to the present and not always with a pleasing result. Is there something in Sister Anne Louise Baxter’s past that would bring about her brutal murder? Jason Wade, reporter for The Seattle Mirror, is determined to find the answer.

Jason is having a difficult time at work. His boss is constantly pressuring him and he has received blame for actions that were not his fault.
Genevieve
Oct 26, 2016 Genevieve rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
It got off to a slow start and I began to think I might not finish it, but once things started to get moving, the pace & tension kept building nicely.

The plot was woven together neatly from several threads of the lives of seemingly unconnected characters and (without giving too much away) although it became fairly obvious whodunnit from about midway through the story, that didn't detract from my enjoyment of how it all played out.
Bryan
Feb 04, 2014 Bryan rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. In fact the whole three book series ( The Dying Hour, Every Fear and A Perfect Grave) was excellent. Glad I read them in order. Though, each book could stand alone. I'm just sorry the series ended with just three books. The primary characters Jason Wade, and his father Henry are realistic, and affable. The stories wonderful and complex. I would greatly enjoy revisiting these characters ten years later.
❤Marie Gentilcore
Jul 12, 2016 ❤Marie Gentilcore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I enjoyed this suspenseful book. The story flowed at a good pace and I liked the main character, reporter Jason Wade. I also liked the supporting storylines especially the one about Jason's dad, an ex-Seattle cop and the one about Brady, the young boy who needs an expensive brain surgery. I plan to read more from Rick Mofina.
Jim
Aug 11, 2015 Jim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Once again one of my very favorite writers has crafted an incredible adventure filled with intrigue, suspense, mayhem, and some horrific murders. "A Perfect Grave", is the third book in author Rick Mofina's Jason Wade series. Completely powerful , and a very compelling plot moving at top speed keeping the intrigue, and suspense pushed to the max from first page through it's conclusion. Author Rick Mofina is a master story teller who can weave several different story arcs that are amazing when th ...more
Tulay
Jul 21, 2016 Tulay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent novel.

Jason Wade rookie crime report and his father ex-police officer. After bank robber killed eight years old boy, he lost himself in a bottle, but he recovered and working as a private detective. Jason's relationship with his father is rocky, always hopes to find out what happened. Jason under pressure to find a crime story that will help to increase newspaper circulation. Author being once a crime report makes the Jason's character very believable. Now trying find out why Sister An
Anita
Jun 11, 2017 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 5 stars for Rick Mofina

You can't go wrong with a Rick Mofina mystery. Always delivers your money's worth and more. Every one I read is better than the last. Edge of your seat suspense, deep character development, unexpected twists, it's all there, every time. He is fast becoming an absolute favorite author.
Heather Pearson
Oct 15, 2015 Heather Pearson rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mike
Shelves: canadian, mystery
Jason Wade is an up and coming crime reporter for the Seattle Mirror. He is looking for a story that will lift him from his current troubles and firmly position him atop the pack when he hears a garbled message on the police scanner. Could be that lead he is looking for to meet his next deadline. Something has happened in a nun's residence.

Meanwhile, his father Henry, is peering longingly at the drink sitting before him, struggling not to break his two years sobriety. That would end his career a
Merrilyn McGloin
Wowza!

What a terrific tale! Set in the Seattle area around the life of Jason Wade, a reporter for the Seattle Mirror. This story unfolds around first the murder of a teenage prostitute followed a few months later by the murder of a beloved nun who has served the homeless, downtrodden & prison inmates for years. The complexities of this novel are so intricate and well written I couldn't put it down once I started. The murderer touched so many lives directly
and indirectly starting with a bank
Mary K Kohl
Sep 12, 2016 Mary K Kohl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good!

Very good. Kept my interest! $$ $$ $$ == == == ## ## ?? // )) @@ ///// === ###
Philip
Feb 29, 2012 Philip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed reading this book and I think that, while it is suspenseful enough and has enough twists to keep it interesting, it isn't quite as violent and terrifying as some of Rick's other books. The ending is satisfactory and spectacular enough without being a McGyver/Jack Reacher extravaganza and it's nice to see the "Good" guys profit from some of the criminal activity.
I haven't decided, yet, which "hero" I prefer - Jason Wade or Jack Gannon. This book finishes the Jason Wade series to d
Doug Phillips
Oct 25, 2016 Doug Phillips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first foray in to Rick Mofina's work. Based upon this story, it is apparent that he understands the pace required to keep readers interested in the plot and the main characters. Having grown up around Seattle, and have lived there for several years, I could clearly visualize the settings used throughout the book. However, the story is not dependent on the Seattle location, as the book could have been set in any large city.

The only reservation I have about giving this title five stars
Jay Williams
Jul 14, 2016 Jay Williams rated it it was amazing
The murder of a beloved nun sets the stage for an exciting investigation, with many subplots to keep the reader interested and involved. Jason Wade is a young crime reporter with the boss from Hell, his father an alcoholic, and a failed romance with a detective from homicide. He and the other characters are multi-dimensional and provide the basis for a solid story with no end of intrigue and suspense. The city of Seattle is the scene, and is accurately described as the story progresses. The writ ...more
Karen
Nov 04, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
I don't know...I was reading so many other books as the same time as this one, and for some reason I just couldn't get into it. It wasn't that the writing was bad...it was fine. The plot was interesting about the killing of a nun who had something going on in her past. Maybe it was because I started in the middle of a series, and didn't have enough of a connection to the protagonists (seems to be a newspaper reporter and a cop who had been with each other, but now aren't...but still are to an ex ...more
Wendy
Oct 12, 2016 Wendy rated it it was ok
The rookie reporter has to get around the evil newspaper manager who is on his back constantly, no matter that he's ahead of other news outlets with breaking info. He has to hide from the incompetent woman reporter that the evil manager wants to share the story byline. He can't get a break from the primary policewoman in charge of the case because they had a bad break-up months before (her doing, and he's still bitter). In spite of all of the adversity, he helps break the murder case. I've read ...more
Jude
Jul 11, 2016 Jude rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time stood still!

The first time I picked up a book by Rick Mofina, I was totally hooked and thrilled that I had found a new author to follow. I've never been disappointed by his novels.

This one, A Perfect Grave, grabbed me from the first page and held me hostage until I had finished. Mofina's characters come alive as he adds layers upon layers of emotions, behaviors and intrigue.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants a fast-paced, emotional ride that keeps one hanging on to every twis
Tara
Sep 16, 2016 Tara rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this murder mystery. It kept me engaged. My only complaint is that in the first half of the book the antagonistic relationship between the reporter/editor/co-reporter was just VERY annoying. Those chapters slowed my progress because I just closed the book and went to sleep. I see that the reporter is the main character of 2 books before this. I'd love to read them except for how annoying the work drama was. Please fix this dynamic in future books.
Alicia
Nov 12, 2016 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sister Ann Braxton is murdered and the whole town is in mourning. The hunt for the killer is on and Reporter Jason Wade is determined to crack the case. What was the nun hiding that may have gotten her killed?

This novel kept me interested but lacked in certain areas. I felt like some places jumped around and others drug out. But it tied all together and wrapped things up in the end. Overall, I'd give the book 3.5 stars.
Kathryn A. Pearson
This story begins and ends with a shoot out endangering two little boys . it leads to redemption and guilt .as the truth emerges,a father and son re discover their love for each other. The author weaves four stories together in a colorful tapestry.

Three million dollar robbery leads to twenty five years of anguish. No one profits and one child dies as the criminals seek to rebuild their lives.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jul 24, 2014 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

A good suspense/mystery novel set in Seattle. Jason and Grace have parted ways personally and this may end them professionally as well. Jason is still feeling guilty about not being there for his recovering alcoholic father. The new editor puts his pet reporter with Jason who only gets him further in trouble. A nun has been murdered and there are no enemies or motives in sight.
Veronica Lamb
Feb 14, 2016 Veronica Lamb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spinning, spinning, spinning. What a ride!

There was nothing I disliked about this novel. Mr. Mofina kept me spinning, spinning and spinning. What a ride! From the first page to the last. Already bought 2 more books by Mr. Mofina from Amazon. I'm in a hurry to get started. Got to go.....
Pxipenguin
Jul 05, 2016 Pxipenguin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written, with believable characters. This story, told from several vantage points, has one pivot point which comes out eventually. Five stars . . . I would have given it more, but that's all there were. I would read other books by this author and, hopefully, follow the main character in other stories.
Don
Jul 26, 2016 Don rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rick Mofina does it again. What a ride, I could hardly put it down. He ties in his characters from previous books and it all jells. I love how he brought Jason's old man into the story. I personally wouldn't work for his asshole boss, but sometimes you have to put up with a lot of crap in life. If you love mystery thrillers this is a must read.
Joyce McKune
Jul 05, 2016 Joyce McKune rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Jason is still being hassled by his boss to come up with an exclusive front page story. When a nun is killed he investigates without the help of his cop contact because she broke up with him. His father is still struggling with his past and between the two of them they break the story wide open.
Margaret
Jul 11, 2016 Margaret rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, kindle
Plot moved along very nicely; several intersecting plots.
Writing was mostly adequate but phrases like "laid down rubber" were over-used.
Tendency to sum up repeatedly which I generally appreciate but not so much plot summing as people asking themselves the same deep question over and over.
Linda Little
Jul 10, 2016 Linda Little rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

As usual, this is another great book. I enjoyed the quandary Sister Denise was in and glad she followed her heart. You never know who someone really is when you meet them.
Mary Swilling
Jul 17, 2016 Mary Swilling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Mofina.

Always count on Mofina to grab the reader and hold on until the reward of the last chapter. Damaged people brought together by unanticipated events...wow.
Ozetta Goodwin
Jul 20, 2016 Ozetta Goodwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I have read all three books about the newspaper reported as the principle character. All have been good, but I liked this one the best. Enjoy Rick Mofinas writing and story telling.
James Lipsey
Aug 21, 2016 James Lipsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great twists and turns and makes you earning for more. Well written and I enjoyed it very much.

It has everything you want in a murder mystery. And a host off hero's in the end. Good reading for all.
Linda Owen
Sep 05, 2016 Linda Owen rated it liked it
A somewhat predictable mystery set in Seattle. Newspaper reporter and homicide detective sometimes at cross purposes and sometimes collaborating. Neither setting, characterization, or plot were amazing, but possibly the first two in the series would have helped establish setting and characters.
  • Barbara's War
  • Nefarious (The Blackwell Files, #1)
  • Hijacked (The Appalachian Foothills #1)
  • Back Story (Reed Ferguson Mystery #10)
  • And Then There Was One
  • Colorado Hope (The Front Range Series, #3)
  • The Gate to Eden
  • Head Shot
  • The Spider and the Sparrow
  • Submerged
  • Reckless (Shattered Sisters, #1)
  • Closet Confidential (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #4)
  • The Secrets of the Notebook: A Woman's Quest to Uncover Her Royal Family Secret
  • The Brightest Star in the Highlands: Jennie and Aedan (Clan Grant Series Book 7)
  • Her Favorite Honeymoon (Windy City Romance #2)
  • Maternal Harbor
  • Cruelest Month
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
Rick Mofina is a former journalist and an award-winning author of several acclaimed thrillers. His reporting has put him face-to-face with murderers on death row in Montana and Texas. He has covered a horrific serial-killing case in California and an armored car-heist in Las Vegas, flown over Los Angeles with the LAPD Air Support Division and gone on patrol with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police n ...more
More about Rick Mofina...

Jason Wade (3 books)
  • The Dying Hour (Jason Wade, #1)
  • Every Fear (Jason Wade, #2)

“praised by James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Tess Gerritsen, Jeffery Deaver, Sandra Brown, James Rollins, Brad Thor, Nick Stone, David Morrell, Allison Brennan, Heather Graham, Linwood Barclay, Peter Robinson, Håkan” 1 likes
“and the award-winning author of several acclaimed thrillers. He's interviewed murderers face-to-face on death row; patrolled with the LAPD and the RCMP. His true crime articles have appeared in The New York Times, Marie Claire, Reader’s” 0 likes