Start by marking “Mountain Madness” as Want to Read:
Mountain Madness

Mountain Madness

Mountain Madness is a 2-in-1 compilation that includes one full-length novel, Dismember, and one long novella, Freeze.

DISMEMBER

The summer he turned seven, Dave Abbott survived a gruesome mountainside car accident that left the rest of his family mangled and dead.

Now, after living twenty-three years with the twisted backwoodsman who pulled him from the wreckage, Dave is car
Published November 25th 2011 by Blood Brothers Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mountain Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mountain Madness

E. Mitchell
Dec 04, 2011 E. Mitchell rated it it was amazing
This man better never stop writing. I feel like I could stop my review there and that should be enough to make you buy the book. Since I doubt it is, let me tell you why you not only should read the book but tell everyone you know to read it too.

I actually read "Dismember" first and WOW! Especially the ending, which couldn't have been any better.

"Dismember" was more solid than a lot of horror books I've read, where along the way you find plot holes or want things to move along. In this books ca
Arielle
May 02, 2012 Arielle rated it really liked it
This was a great book! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was really 2 books in one. Both were excellent, although the first one ("Dismember") was more believable than the second one ("Freeze"). Even so, I enjoyed both.
Tracy
Nov 05, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book it is actually 2 stories the first one has got to be every parents worst nightmare. I found the pacing in both stories to be good an left you wanting to read on till the end without stopping. They are gritty and fast paced. The first story could happen to any person out there in real life making it very scary and realistic and the second is more like a alien or supernatural horror story but still scary. I recommend this book to any horror story lover out there.
Kim
Apr 11, 2012 Kim rated it liked it
I had to skip over parts because of gruesomeness, but the plots were different enough to keep me reading.
Angel
Jun 07, 2016 Angel rated it liked it
An ok read

This book led me saying what and why. Neither ending pleased me @all. Story good but needed more substance. No closure on either story.
Tobyann Aparisi
Jul 09, 2013 Tobyann Aparisi rated it really liked it
This is a crazy, ride of a book. I felt it left me hanging a bit and I have hight hopes that there will be another book that comes out to wrap this all up. I really feel, the ending was just not the ending I wanted, even though the rest of the story was well written. The character build was well done, you find yourself really liking these characters and wanting them to beat all odds. You want to see the little boy take on this stranger and somehow get the upper hand. I really want to see a ...more
Mackenzie
Jan 27, 2014 Mackenzie rated it it was ok
Shelves: going-crazy
Don't waste your time. This book was all around bad. It included a novel and a novella. The novel had a ides behind it but it was executed poorly. It almost seemed like he was trying to be a Stephen King or Dean Koontz and that took away from the actual writing. It was very underdeveloped. And the novella followed in the novel's footsteps. They both felt rushed, maybe if he had written more they would have turned out better.
Tina Luzis
Sep 22, 2013 Tina Luzis rated it it was amazing
Just finished the short story, Freeze, and it was fantastic! Classic, old school horror tale. It's very different than the novel, but that's good. Dismember was frightening because mad men exist everywhere and no one is exempt from the chance of being one of their victims. Freeze was frightening because we've all dreamed up imaginary monsters. We have great relief knowing that tall tales can't hurt us, but what if those monsters weren't imaginary and decided to come in and pay us a visit?
Lisa Puckett
Apr 30, 2016 Lisa Puckett rated it really liked it
I loved the story line for both stories, I especially loved Dismember. It had a great plot and the story never slowed. Of course I have to complain about the ending for both stories! I hate being left hanging!!!
Meagan
May 16, 2016 Meagan rated it it was ok
Did not like this. I can handle horror, but child abuse is not a topic I can take. I had to stop reading.
PEG
PEG rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Ron
Ron rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Mel burge
Mel burge rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
SALLY SANDERS
SALLY SANDERS rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Mary Maxwell
Mary Maxwell rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Alan
Alan rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2012
Autumn Kirbyson
Autumn Kirbyson rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Stephen Coatsworth
Stephen Coatsworth rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2013
Deacon D.
Deacon D. rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Alex Tonery
Alex Tonery rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2012
vicky mattison
vicky mattison rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Sarah Ruth Bryant
Sarah Ruth Bryant rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2016
Cindra Mueller
Cindra Mueller rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Wes
Wes rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Daniel Pyle is the author of Dismember, Freeze, Down the Drain, and many short stories. He lives in Springfield, Missouri, with his wife and two daughters. Visit him online at www.danielpyle.com, Twitter, or Facebook.
More about Daniel Pyle...