Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor #6)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  7,189 ratings  ·  609 reviews
LOVE CAN HAPPEN IN A HEARTBEAT.

Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh’s loveable mutt to caring for his rambunctious kids. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy...more
Mass Market Paperback, 324 pages
Published July 31st 2012 by Grand Central (first published January 1st 2012)

Easy by Tammara WebberAbout That Night by Julie JamesOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungSlammed by Colleen HooverBared to You by Sylvia Day
2012 Contemporary Romance Novels
20th out of 221 books — 1,095 voters
Onyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareLover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Most Expected Romance Titles 2012
64th out of 413 books — 1,472 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Forever and a Day is the sixth book in the Lucky Harbor series and just like the first five stories... amazing! In all my reviews of Jill Shalvis’ books I use the same words: sexy, passionate, beautiful, wonderful, heartwarming, feel good, magical… and all of those words apply to this story, too.
Love can happen in a heartbeat.

Saly
Forever and a Day tells the story of Grace Brooks who came to Lucky Harbor when her banking career went kaput and a job interview called for "fringe services" she wasn't willing to offer, so she got stranded in Lucky Harbor in a storm and has been there for the past four months, forming the Chocoholics along with Mallory and Amy.
Both her friends have their life sorted now but Grace is still applying for jobs and her savings are soon dwindling and she is doing everything she can.

She likes the tow...more
Dee
Full review now posted.

5/5 Stars

If I could have given this 6 stars then I would have - for me it is one of the best Lucky Harbor books.

When we first read about Josh in the some of the previous stories I thought he would be ok, but I wasn’t really raving about him as he didn’t seem to dazzle as much as Ty & Matt, his two friends. But my mind was sure changed quick, Josh is just as sexy and confident as the others and is witty and sweet to go with it. Dr. Joshua Scott is a single parent who i...more
Jill

Originally from New York, Grace Brooks applied for a banking job in Seattle and when that didn't turn out she drove until she ended up in Lucky Harbor, Washington. That night she met friends Mallory and Amy in a diner where they were stuck waiting out a freak snowstorm.

Dr Josh Scott has his hands full. With working in ER and his medical practice, looking after his twenty-one year-old sister, his five year-old son and a new puppy, the man seriously has no time for anything else. Accept this is L...more
Wendy S. Marcus
I read a review of this book on a popular blog that was rather critical. So, even though I had it on my Kindle (because Jill Shalvis is an auto-buy for me) I put off reading it.

Well, let this be a lesson to me!!! A review is one person's opinion. And my opinion of this book is vastly different than the other reviewer's.

I loved it and will go as far as to say it may just be my favorite of the series.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Jill!!!
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

“…First of all, he’s a doctor. He gets a lot of points taken off for that.”

“People usually add points for doctors,” Mallory said.

“Not me,” Grace said. “I was raised by a few of them, remember? Trust me, they don’t make good relationship material.”

Mallory squeezed her hand. “Honey, Josh isn’t like your family. He’s warm and loving.”

“Not to mention hot as hell,” Amy added.

Grace shook her head. “Sorry, the points are already deducted. And taking in
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Books from Jill Shalvis always make me feel like I'm visiting really good friends. There is true comfort, a sense of camaraderie and just plain silly joy that comes from reading one of her stories. I could add that I'm a big fan, but that's probably glaringly obvious at this point.

That said, Forever And A Day, while it still managed to hook me early and reel me in, did not end up being a favorite, as the other books in this series have.

Grace Brooks found he...more
Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary/Small Town Romance.

Josh

Photobucket

Every time I read Jill Shalvis I’m reminded just how much I love to read anything she has to write. Be sure to lay this one on the reading list followed by your keeper shelve. It has everything ranging from an extremely capable hero of a doctor and sweetheart heroine, an adorable five year old and his rebellious aunt, and a puppy to fill up the equation. Once again Jill Shalvis tells story of everyday people we know, living everyday live that we...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Dear Sawyer,

You had me head over heels in love with you but there is a new hottie that has caught my eye.
He’s a doctor, you know. That’s a checkmark in his favor.
He’s also got a hot bod. Another checkmark.
Let’s not forget the sexy things he likes to say. Check. Mark.
Sorry, but I think I’m going to stay with Dr. Scott for a little bit. Please don’t shoot me.

Love, Ann

Yep, I’m a hussy, but you can’t blame a girl when Dr. Josh Scott is the sexiest thing to grace one of Jil...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jun 11, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone .. A really lovely book.
5 Stars
Forever and a Day is an absolute joy to read. This is Jill Shalvis at her best. Loved the characters and the story flowed so smoothly. Grace is trying to figure out what and who she wants to be. Josh is trying to be everything he needs to be for everyone and in the end they find each other and it works beautifully. Almost magical.

Grace stumbled upon Lucky Harbor looking for her next career move. She lost her job at an investment banking firm when the economy crashed and she refused to sle...more
Holly
It's no secret that I love Shalvis novels. I think she writes fun contemporary romances with just the right blend of humor and emotion. But this, well, this is probably the best Shalvis I've read to date.

As I was reading, I was reminded of Susan Elizabeth Phillips, with the dialogue and depth of emotion. Not to mention the humor. I literally laughed out loud on several occasions.

I plan to write a more in depth review closer to the release date. For now I think I can sum it up by saying I loved...more
Keri
Awesome wrap up to this trilogy! Josh and Grace was a wonderful couple. Grace was having trouble finding a job and sexy Dr. Josh was looking for a dog walker for his recently acquired devil puppy. So he hires Grace all the while suspecting that she wasn't as quite as skilled as she is letting on. Of course within the first 15 minutes, she manages to lose Tank. There was some laugh out load moments in this one. Josh is flat out crazy busy between his practice, the hospital and his son and handica...more
Manda Collins
Jun 17, 2012 Manda Collins rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Toni Blake, Robyn Carr, Lisa Kleypas
Recommended to Manda by: NetGalley
Shelves: contemporary
My FAVORITE of this trilogy set in Lucky Harbor! I came into this one knowing the least about Grace--I knew Mallory was the good girl and Amy was the bad girl, but Grace was a mystery. Grace is searching for a full time job in banking to impress her parents, both rocket scientists who think that she isn't quite living up to their ambitions for her. So, she takes a temporary job nannying for sexy Dr. Josh Scott's five year old son Toby which puts her in close proximity to the hot doctor himself!...more
Crista
****4 1/2 stars****

Forever and a Day has now become my new favorite book in the Lucky Harbor series, which is surprising as I was least excited for Josh and Grace's book.

Dr. Josh Scott is on the verge of a complete meltdown. First of all, he is a single dad raising a 5 year old son. Secondly, Josh's parents were both killed tragically in a car accident, and now his emotionally wounded, paraplegic sister has also become his responsibility. Lastly, Josh is a talented doctor who cares deeply for h...more
Lisa

Can’t argue with that! I also acknowledge that the above quote is one of the many reasons that I have come to love Jill Shalvis and the Lucky Harbor series. The books are fun, quirky, witty and flat out fun! It is hard to pick a favourite from the series; however, Forever and a Day definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites in this fabulous series!

Dr. Joshua Scott (a.k.a. Dr. McHottie...more
Guilty Pleasures
Lee's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Jill Shalvis has hit another one out of the park with her latest in the Lucky Harbor series. After spending so long with the Chocoholics I’m so happy to finally be getting to the story of Grace and the sexy Doctor Josh Scott.

I have been waiting to see what was going to play out for these two and was so thrilled with how their love story unfolded. Josh’s whole adult life has been about taking care of everyone but himself and Grace the the PERFECT companion f...more
MountainKat
Wonderful! Great! Charming! Delightful! Sweet! I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point!

I so enjoyed this book! I loved Josh and Grace separately, but together they were even better! This was a joy to read and I wish it hadn't ended. Josh had many responsibilities, not all by choice, though he wouldn't change them. He was used to taking care of others and was stunned to have someone care for him. Grace was just a sweetheart! She had been trying to live up to expectations her entire l...more
Jaci Burton
This could possibly be my favorite Jill Shalvis book. I literally laughed out loud in the first chapter, and it just gets better from there. Grace is a wonderful heroine with baggage to spare and a decided plan for her future, until Josh, that is, who turns her life upside down. Josh is a to die for hero with just too many spinning plates, a pain in the ass sister and an adorable son. Put the two of them together and you have combustible chemistry, a fun romance, smoking hot love scenes and a ro...more
Ian
"Mallory nodded and toasted a cupcake to that. Then she set the cupcake down and got serious as she turned to Grace. "Honey, just promise me something."

"What?"

"That you won't be so driven by your past that you throw away your future."

Forever and a Day is the sixth in Jill Shalvis' popular Lucky Harbor series. It's the third and final book in her 2012 trilogy and centers around Grace and Josh.

Josh, a busy doctor, struggles to find time for his young son (Toby), and his younger paraplegic sister...more
Kindle Gal
Review and author mini-interview posted on Kindles & Wine

This. This is my favorite Lucky Harbor book.

What’s that, you say? I already said this before? Well I can’t help it. Blame it on the author—she keeps upping her game with each book in this series.

Dr. Josh Scott (aka McSexy, Dr. McHottie, Hunkalicious Doctor) is overworked, overtired, and teetering on the edge of sanity. He thinks he’s taking care of everybody and everything, but with all that’s going on, he’s essentially unavailable. Th...more
Marran
Im lost for words I really am...I got this stupid little smile on my face thinking about this book

I didn´t think Shalvis could do better then she already have but this is the best book she´s written so far...I would give it a lot more stars if I could..I absolutley LOVED this...I felt all their emotions hitting me whilst reading this...

I laught more, aaww:ed more and nearly cried more reading this book then any other Jill Shalvis books

I need to read the others again to compare but I don´t think...more
Steffi
I went straight from book 3 to 6. I just couldn't wait for Grace's story. The blurb made me so excited, I couldn't contain myself any longer. I was not disappointed. Forever and a Day was everything I hoped it would be and more. Sweet, funny and sexy...if I didn't like Grace so much, I would catfight her for Josh. I still might. But then there are Matt and Ty and Sawyer and Jax....and Ford:)

Lucky in Love and At Last are next on my list.

Full review coming soon...
Dija
4.5/5 stars

I loved this story SO much! Loved absolutely every single thing about it. I laughed out loud more times than I could've possibly counted and said awww at least a hundred times! Mini-review to come, maybe.
Danielle
Forever and a Day has to be my favorite story (well after Ford of course). This book really brought out the best in Jill Shalvis. I absolutely loved the characters and how the story flowed so well together. Although I wasn't a fan of the over all plot to be honest I really didn't care the story held every bit of my attention and I couldn't wait for Josh and Grace to finally realize there feelings for each other.

This story is what I love about romance. The way it was written was almost magical. T...more
Tammy
5 + Stars!!!!!

I adored Josh and Grace's story.

Josh always looking out for everyone except for himself. Then along comes Grace as his dog-walker/nanny and they both fall for each other, not realizing what was happening. I loved how Grace handled Toby, Anna, and the Antichrist dog known as Tank.

Another GREAT book written by Jill..
Kellie G.
One of the best books in this fantastic series!! The amazing Jill Shalvis sure knows how to write a fun & sexy book! I absolutely LOVE this series!! FIVE BIG STARS!!!
Lady Heather
BEAUTIFUL!!
What a Great ending to such a Great series!!!
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Josh & Grace's story!
Paula
Sexy, funny, amazing! I always feel so at home with the Lucky Harbor residents.

Forever and a Day is the sixth book in the Lucky Harbor series and my favorite in the series. I didn’t think that was possible after reading The Sweetest Thing because I absolutely adored Tara and Ford’s book. But alas, Shalvis wrote another wonderful story that stole my heart. Move over Ford, I think I’m in love with Dr. Josh Scott.

Grace Brooks ends up in Lucky Harbor by chance after quitting her banking job where he...more
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote #1: “You going to work like that?” she asked.

He looked down at his hard-on. “That bad?”

“Boy scouts could camp in there.”

Favorite Quote #2: “Did either of you know there’s ninety-nine ways to give a blow job? That’s ninety-nine nights of blow jobs.

“Look at you with the math skills,” Josh said.

Let me tell you something – Jill Shalvis knows how to write a sexy hero. Josh gave my favorite Shalvis hero, Ford (from The Sweetest Thing) a run for the #1 spot. I have a thing for heroes tha...more
Simply Irresistib...: Forever and a Day 5 30 Jul 06, 2013 08:37AM
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • The Perfect Match (Blue Heron #2)
  • Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
  • Suddenly You
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Call Me Wild (Wild Thing #2)
  • Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)
  • Can't Help Falling In Love (The Sullivans, #3)

Look for Jill's latest, THEN CAME YOU, on shelves and ereaders now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold. Also, visit her website for...more
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)

“There are four basic food groups: plain chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate.” 35 likes
“The smile made her want to hug him, and maybe love him up some more. Stupid smile.” 19 likes