Start by marking “Memory Power: You Can Develop a Great Memory--America's Grand Master Shows You How” as Want to Read:

Ever forget where you put your car keys? Or forget a name five seconds after meeting someone? Forgetting is normal but not inevitable. Now, Scott Hagwood's Memory Power provides the solution. His amazingly easy-to-master guide shows you how to develop a great memory, no matter how weak you think yours is. Scott was just an average guy with a below-average memory who nevert
Published January 9th 2007 by Free Press (first published December 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Memory Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memory Power

Michael
Apr 19, 2013 Michael rated it liked it
I'd heard about the Roman Room in conversation for ages, and you know, I like remembering things, so I started reading. Moonwalking With Einstein was an excellent intro, giving a good overview of the history and the current state of memory culture. It didn't have much in the way of actual mnemonics though. I went straight to the source; Rhetorica Ad Herennium, and I found it dry... Not that it was boring but it just wasn't helpful. It seemed to be geared more towards a student with something of ...more
Sinda1
Apr 29, 2010 Sinda1 rated it liked it
I happen to come across this book when my sister visited me. She didn't finished it so I decided to give it a shot. Since I don't have a photographic memory I thought this might be a brain teaser. I find it very informative. There are stragies that Scott Hagawood shares with us. I've applied those things since and I am pretty content with the result. For example I am better at remembering numbers. The reading and actually doing part gets to be kind of a hassle for me at least.
Adam Johns
Jul 14, 2013 Adam Johns rated it really liked it
Fantastic resource that I'll definitely be using in the future. I knew the brain was amazing, but discovering some of its capabilities has gone beyond anything I could imagine! I highly recommend this for anyone who thinks they don't have a very good memory, and those of you that do, this book will only help you make it better!

Thanks Dave Dixon for recommending it!
Eva Pradhan
Oct 24, 2013 Eva Pradhan rated it really liked it
I am glad I read this book. I was quite amazed that I was able to memorize a deck of card easily and I think students can immensely benefit from learning the memory techniques. It can give them a powerful tool to memorize dry information and retain them. It was a wonderful book, maybe a dry read sometime but this is a good reference book I am keeping on my shelf.
Jon
May 12, 2013 Jon rated it it was ok
Shelves: braaains
This would be more accurately entitled "Scott Hagwood: all about me*

*15 bonus pages to improve your memory included.

While there is no denying that Hagwood is an accomplished memory champion, there are much more instructive and engaging books on memory out there. Unless you're interested in Scott Hagwood specifically, this is a skip.
Randy Ray
Mar 10, 2010 Randy Ray rated it liked it
This wasn't the best-written book I've ever read, but the strategies were accessible. I'm toying with the idea of trying to become a memory champion, but it still seems like a lot of work, so I don't think Scott Hagwood or current champ Ron White have much to worry about.
Nicole Vital
Jul 18, 2011 Nicole Vital rated it it was ok
This book is boring and doesn't captivate the reader at all.
May Mugartegui
Feb 08, 2013 May Mugartegui rated it liked it
Strategies to be taken into consideration. Good book overall
Babeto
Apr 09, 2009 Babeto rated it it was amazing
wow this is the GR8EST BOOK I'VE EVER READ IT'S JUST SIMPLY TEACHING U HOW TO MAKE UR MEMORY MORE POWERFUL AND IT'S SIMPLY GR8!!! AND I LEARNED SO MANY THINGS FROM IT!!
Stokely Klasovsky
Mar 10, 2012 Stokely Klasovsky rated it liked it
The content is excellent, but Hagwood's writing isn't particularly engaging. It's a very dry read.
San Dwi
San Dwi rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2013
Chad Williamson
Chad Williamson rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Greg Sweeney
Greg Sweeney rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Maho
Maho rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2013
Dan Johnson
Dan Johnson rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Qinqin Schoser
Qinqin Schoser rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Richard Griffiths
Richard Griffiths rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Peter B
Peter B rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2017
Jt
Jt rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Stuart
Stuart rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2012
Josh Mattson
Josh Mattson rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Isaac Wang
Isaac Wang rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Warren
Warren rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2008
James
James rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2012
J
J rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Sam Reeves
Sam Reeves rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Jostianto Shd
Jostianto Shd rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2008
Erwin
Erwin rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2012