Start by marking “Memory Power: You Can Develop a Great Memory--America's Grand Master Shows You How” as Want to Read:

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Ever forget where you put your car keys? Or forget a name five seconds after meeting someone? Forgetting is normal but not inevitable. Now, Scott Hagwood's Memory Power provides the solution. His amazingly easy-to-master guide shows you how to develop a great memory, no matter how weak you think yours is. Scott was just an average guy with a below-average memory who nevert
Published January 9th 2007 by Free Press (first published December 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Memory Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memory Power

Michael
I'd heard about the Roman Room in conversation for ages, and you know, I like remembering things, so I started reading. Moonwalking With Einstein was an excellent intro, giving a good overview of the history and the current state of memory culture. It didn't have much in the way of actual mnemonics though. I went straight to the source; Rhetorica Ad Herennium, and I found it dry... Not that it was boring but it just wasn't helpful. It seemed to be geared more towards a student with something of ...more
Sinda1
I happen to come across this book when my sister visited me. She didn't finished it so I decided to give it a shot. Since I don't have a photographic memory I thought this might be a brain teaser. I find it very informative. There are stragies that Scott Hagawood shares with us. I've applied those things since and I am pretty content with the result. For example I am better at remembering numbers. The reading and actually doing part gets to be kind of a hassle for me at least.
Adam Johns
Fantastic resource that I'll definitely be using in the future. I knew the brain was amazing, but discovering some of its capabilities has gone beyond anything I could imagine! I highly recommend this for anyone who thinks they don't have a very good memory, and those of you that do, this book will only help you make it better!

Thanks Dave Dixon for recommending it!
Eva Pradhan
I am glad I read this book. I was quite amazed that I was able to memorize a deck of card easily and I think students can immensely benefit from learning the memory techniques. It can give them a powerful tool to memorize dry information and retain them. It was a wonderful book, maybe a dry read sometime but this is a good reference book I am keeping on my shelf.
Jon
This would be more accurately entitled "Scott Hagwood: all about me*

*15 bonus pages to improve your memory included.

While there is no denying that Hagwood is an accomplished memory champion, there are much more instructive and engaging books on memory out there. Unless you're interested in Scott Hagwood specifically, this is a skip.
Randy Ray
This wasn't the best-written book I've ever read, but the strategies were accessible. I'm toying with the idea of trying to become a memory champion, but it still seems like a lot of work, so I don't think Scott Hagwood or current champ Ron White have much to worry about.
Babeto
wow this is the GR8EST BOOK I'VE EVER READ IT'S JUST SIMPLY TEACHING U HOW TO MAKE UR MEMORY MORE POWERFUL AND IT'S SIMPLY GR8!!! AND I LEARNED SO MANY THINGS FROM IT!!
Stokely Klasovsky
The content is excellent, but Hagwood's writing isn't particularly engaging. It's a very dry read.
Nicole Vital
This book is boring and doesn't captivate the reader at all.
May Mugartegui
Strategies to be taken into consideration. Good book overall
Scott Hoggarth
Scott Hoggarth marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Raffeal Sears
Raffeal Sears marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Darrell Laurel
Darrell Laurel marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Neil Morris
Neil Morris marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Tim Welting
Tim Welting marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Karan
Karan marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Brant
Brant marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Sangita
Sangita marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Kamal
Kamal marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Memory Power Memory Power: You Can Develop a Great Memory--America's Grand Master Shows You How Memory Power: You Can Develop a Great Memory--America's Grand Master Shows You How