Start by marking “Il guerriero stregone” as Want to Read:
Il guerriero stregone

Il guerriero stregone (Kyrik #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dall'infinito Mare Verde al Deserto Rosso, dalle rovine di un'età perduta ma non del tutto dimenticata emerge la figura di uno dei personaggi più interessanti creati da Gardner F. Fox negli anni Settanta: Kyrik, il guerriero dotato di poteri eccezionali e mai tradito dalla fedele Zannablu, la spada che non ha rivali. I loro tempi non erano come i nostri e gli uomini erano ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Urania Fantasy #42, 143 pages
Published November 1991 by Mondadori (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Il guerriero stregone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il guerriero stregone

Fox tries so very hard here, and grapples with some interesting ideas, but I think it never quite lives up to the "warrior and naked green-haired lady riding a pterodactyl in defiance of load balance" cover. (view spoiler)

I was excited for the intriguing start: a sorceress effectively resurrects a warrior-king left slumbering for a
I have to give this a five because it was the "first" heroic fantasy novel I ever read. I was caught by the cover, a heavily muscled swordsman riding a pterodactyl with a lovely green-haired goddess clinging to him. What can I say? I was all of fourteen.

I really do think this is a good story, though, and a very fun character. The character shows wonderful promise here that Fox didn't live up to in the sequels.

Ben Arispe
I know the author from his work at DC. I didn't rate it a 5 simply because it wasn't "amazing". Pretty close, but it wasn't Conan. It was a great short read, full of naked women and sword slinging adventure! I honestly expected it to read like a D&D module, with a quest, a party, a big giant enemy, and the heroes walk off into the sunset. That wasn't quite what if was. Kyrik was a great character, in the tradition of Conan, as the book's cover says. The magic isn't explained, you just have t ...more
Jeff Wyonch
The first in a series that's a pastiche of Conan. Kryik is not given to pensive self-reflection. The plot moves fast, as Kyrik laughs, lusts, and kills his way through whatever gets within range of his sword. Fox loves his character, and this is a great pulp homage. The only real criticism is that Fox writes the Kyrik tales in the 1970's, well after Howard's time, and his treatment of women could have reflected the times.
Found in the musty bin of the bookstore. As the cover says, in the tradition of Conan. Very little warlocking from Kyrik, definitely mostly warrior in this story, but there is sorcery enough. Fun little vacation find. Definitely a product of its time.
Otis Campbell
I see in his eyes, I see in his face
It's death in disguise, I'm more than amazed
He wants us forever, play in his game
Standing together, the spell will remain
Spell will remain, spell will remain
Larry Jones
Gardner Fox is a legend in the comics fieled.This man is responsible for " Everything cool " in the early years of DC comics.
Check out his fantasy novels for more of what makes him a top notch writer.
Antonio De Cunzo
When you think of bad fantasy, this is what you think of.
Ammie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Nikali Starkovich
Nikali Starkovich marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Jordi marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Racheal Miller
Racheal Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Mekare marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
S.E. Lindberg
S.E. Lindberg marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Ian marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Ralph Kelleners
Ralph Kelleners marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Jonathon Laudinsky
Jonathon Laudinsky marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
John William
John William marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Seth marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Liam marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Doc marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
James marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Clio marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Bill marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Gardner Francis Cooper Fox was an American writer best known for creating numerous comic book characters for DC Comics. Comic book historians estimate that he wrote over 4,000 comics stories.

Jefferson Cooper
Ed Carlisle
Edgar Weston
Tex Slade
Eddie Duane
More about Gardner F. Fox...

Kyrik (4 books)
  • Kyrik Fights the Demon World (Kyrik, #2)
  • Kyrik and the Wizard's Sword (Kyrik, #3)
  • Kyrik and the Lost Queen (Kyrik, #4)