Start by marking “Night Demon (Night, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Demon (Night, #2)

Night Demon (Night #2)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Deep within the Yucatan jungle a demon has awakened...

Gretchen Finch's job would be much easier if she weren't alone in the jungle with a brilliant recluse whose every glance sets her on fire. But the more she focuses on her work, the closer she gets to unlocking the mysteries of a terrible creature - the Night Demon - that threatens the world as she knows it. Though her s...more
Published March 18th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Night Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Demon

Beth
Gretchen Finch is an archaeologist. She is working in the remote jungles of the Yucatan with Lukas Smith. You’d think the jungle would be hot but being in close courters with Lukas is making Gretchen’s situation smoldering.

Both Gretchen and Lukas are trying to unlock a series of ancient glyphs, which reference the Night Walkers and the Night Demon. Little does Gretchen know that Lukas is a Night Walker hiding his immortality and darker side from the world.

Something unleashes the Night Demon, now...more
Mandi Schreiner
Lukas Smith has been immortal for hundreds of years and he is now searching a way to end his life. Long ago he became a Night Walker and he doesn’t know why or how. All he knows is he must drink blood, he can shift into an owl and he can’t be in the sunlight. Other than his maker, he has yet to meet another person like him. But now deep in the ruins of the Yucatan rainforest, he thinks he is close to deciphering ancient glyphs that may give him answers. Under the guise of working for a universit...more
W.H.
A definite Must read!!

OMG! What an enthralling story... I was rivited to my seat and could not put it down. The characters are so beautifully portrayed, full of emotions, love, anger, betrayal, and so many more.

The world is so breath taking as you travel from the Yucatan to San Diego, at times by unconventional means. Lukas is HAWT DAYUM! Calisto and Kate and Kane and Rita are back. We are also introduced to more characters.

Evil is one way to word it when an old friend or brother sabotages thi...more
Dianne
Deep in the hot and humid Yucatan rain forest, archeologists Lukas Smith and Gretchen Finch have been attempting to decipher the glyphs on an ancient Mayan altar. For Lukas, this is personal. Hundreds of years ago he was accidentally made into an immortal Night Walker and he can no longer live with the regrets of his past, hoping to uncover a way to end the lonely existence he abhors. Yet, after living and working in such close quarters, both Lukas and Gretchen shield a growing attraction to eac...more
Leah
Mar 29, 2013 Leah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved the that there is archeology in this and I love that a lot of it is in the jungle! I like how this series is so different from other authors. The Night walkers are a unique twist and sexy as all get out. I am not into romance much but this series makes me forget about that!! I love it!!!! Keep on writing Lisa cause I need more!!!
Erin
This was my first experience with Lisa Kessler's work, and I was most definitely impressed! Since I haven't read the previous books in this series, I had no idea what to expect, so the genius behind Kessler's supernatural creatures was all new to me. With a beautifully crafted world that combines ancient Mayan lore, demons, and vampire-like creatures of the night, this story is entirely unique, terrifying, and captivating all at once!

Brainiac scientist Gretchen and Night Walker-turned-brilliant...more
Melody May
Orginially posted on What I'm Reading

All right everyone, last night I finished Night Demon by Lisa Kessler. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when I first started the story for a couple of reasons. The first reason is it's a book two in a series. I know jumping into a middle of the series especially with a paranormal book can be trouble. However, I didn't feel that way. Granted it might have been beneficial to get the first book and novella of the story in too, but at the same time, I felt...more
AnnaBanana
Oh my goodness! OH MY GOODNESS!!! This book was SO GOOD!!! I feel like I waited forever to finally read it and I can say now that the wait was very much worth it!

While I enjoyed Night Walker and Night Thief quite a lot, Night Demon is a whole different story. I got totally sucked into the Night Walker world, I couldn't put it down! This is a dark and eerie story about ancient immortal gods and a demon that once ended an entire race and now these Night Walkers are trying to stop it from happening...more
Dawn
Another Night Walker, another great book by Lisa Kessler. She’s sucked me in again and kept me reading like a fanatic! This is Lisa’s second Night Walker book, 3rd if you include the wonderful novella she wrote to tide us over until this book came out.
Made a Night Walker by mistake, Lucas considers himself a mistake, his existence a total abomination. Working with his assistant Gretchen, who doesn’t know that he is a Night Walker, he tries to find a way to end his life, his immortal life. The he...more
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
*ARC provided by publisher

Lukas Smith was made a Night Walker by mistake and considers his existence an abomination. He started searching for a cure and when that seemed futile, he started searching for a way to end his immortal life. With the help of his assistant Gretchen Finch, he feels he is getting closer and closer with the Mayan glyphs that they find at an altar deep in the Yucatan jungle. He keeps his true identity a secret from Gretchen but the countless hours they spend together deciph...more
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
Initial Reaction: Couldn't put it down. Absolutely blown away by this spectacular story.

Rating's Breakdown:
Quality of writing: Very Good
Pace: Fast
Characters: Vivid and diverse
Plot development:
Holly
I am so hooked on these Night Walkers and this book did not disappoint!! With this story we get to meet Lukas and Gretchen but also get to see Calisto and Kate from Night Walker and Kane and Rita from Night Thief again, which for me just makes it so much more satisfying. The story line will grab you and keep you on the edge of your seat right up to the very end of the book, and if you are like me you will not be able to put it down until you have finished! I highly, highly, highly recommend this...more
Katrina
Gretchen Finch's life changed when she became a research assistant for Lukas 'Smith', an unfortunate human turned Night Walker. After spending time in the Yucatan jungles helping him translate Mayan glyphs she realizes that she's more than a little fond of him, but he's not feeling the same way about her. Determined to continue her studies, she goes back to the altar sight and feels the pure evil that's about to be released.
The plot thickens! Poor Lukas wants nothing more than to end his Night...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Crystal
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I learned more about the Mayans in this book than I ever did in school.

There were times in this book that I was just a little lost. There is so much information and so many characters that at times I seemed to get it all mixed up. At times I even got the characters mixed up. I loved all the info that was in this book and at times I could really believe it. I asked myself could this really be...more
Olivia Welch
Wow! I don't know how she writes like this but wow! The trials, love, and passion that I read in these books make me hunger for more! I'm totally in love with these books and I can't wait for the next one! I loved how the other two mixed into this one!!
Amanda Lawrence
Such a great book!!! The way its written leaves you thinking that you know whats going to happen then she throws a massive curve ball!!! I cant wait for the next book to come out to see what happens next!!!
Marie Andersson
I love the world this author has created!I have reread it twice! I'm one of Lisa's Night Angels on Facebook and she is very kind to all of her fans! Thank you!:)
Michelle/ The True Book Addict
I really enjoyed Lisa's first book in the Night series, Night Walker, and that enjoyment continued by far with the second book, Night Demon. As I was reading, I was struck by how much Lisa's writing reminds me of Anne Rice. I absolutely loved how she incorporated Mayan history and legend in the book; something that Rice does frequently in her novels, mingling bits of history and legend in all of her books. I also felt like I had more of a connection with Lukas and Gretchen. I'm not sure why, but...more
Shirley Frances
Launch Party & Giveaway on Monday, March 18th 2013 at LeAnn's Book Reviews

In this follow-up book in The Night series we are treated to Lukas's story, a Night Walker made by accident by Calisto Terana in Night Walker. Lukas has been living with the guilt over his behavior when he was newly made and has been looking for information into how to end his existence because he believes he is a monster not worthy of living. Since making this decision he has been working as an archaeologist for he...more
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Night Demon is the first book I read by Lisa Kessler.

This is the second book in the Night series telling Lukas's story, a Night Walker made by accident by Calisto Terana in Night Walker.Lukas is appalled over his behavior when he was newly made and has been looking for information in order to end his existence.Being an archaeologist allows him to acquire as much information as possible about the origins of the Night Walkers.

Gretchen Finch's job is to assist Lucas.Gretchen is fascinated by his fe...more
Nicole
Deep in the Yucatan jungle Lukas Smith and Gretchen Finch are working hard at translating a series of ancient Mayan glyphs they have found on an altar.

Lukas shouldn't exist, his transition into a Night Walker was an accidental mistake during an encounter with Calisto (whose story we read about in Night Walker) and he has been searching for ways to end his immortal life. He has kept his true identity from Gretchen, but as the months pass he is finding it hard to admit, especially to himself, his...more
Poison Rose
The Guardian awakens, knowing his Demon has arising from her eternal resting place and is now free. Knowing that humanity is in danger he sends out his call to the four Night Walker Gods to help him put her back and save humanity from a deadly and bloody fate. Will they answer the call?? Read on to find out.

We meet Lukas Smith and Gretchen Finch as they are getting ever closer to uncovering the tale of the Night walkers and their history. As they get closer they realize that something is very am...more
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at www.Twinsietalk.blogspot.com, www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk or @Twinsietalk

I received this book for this blog tour.

I was very excited to get to read book 1 and 2 of this series. I really enjoyed book 1 and couldn't wait to jump into book 2. Now I didn't realize, until I was half way through this book, that there is another book to this series. It is Book 1.5. I didn't feel I missed anything with skipping but had I known, I would have read it as well.

In this boo...more
Janna Shay
Night Demon is a well-crafted, fast-paced paranormal romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Lisa Kessler once again demonstrates her talent for words as she weaves her tale of paranormal romance and meshes it with the ancient Mayan realm. She takes her vision of night walkers, vampires with shape shifting capabilities, and mixes in ancient deities and demons, to make this adventure riveting.

The characters are well-developed and draw you into their dark world as they battle the uns...more
Sin
Night Demon by Lisa Kessler

First if you have not read Night Walker & Night Thief please read first.

Lisa has out done herself in this story. It grips you from the beginning. This story has: Adventure, romance, trust and betrayal.
I could not put it down until I finished it.

We learn how the Night Walkers became and how the first fought the Demon Camalotz.

This is the story of Lukas & Gretchen. Who are in the Yucatan Jungle researching Night Walkers. Gretchen does not know yet who & what...more
Linda
OMG! I am soooo hooked on Lisa's Night Walkers. I want, want, want one of my own! LOL!

Lukas has led a tortured existence as a Night Walker, a "life" he did not choose. He believes he may finally be on the right track to finding a way to commit suicide - something he has unsuccessfully tried many times - as the Mayan glyphs around a sacrificial altar deep in the jungle seem to describe a Mayan rite in which a Night Walker dies.

Gretchen is an archaelogist who has been working thru her University...more
Crystal
My Rant:

Loved it completely loved it, not just because of the shape shifters with fangs but because the book was so compelling. The characters were so easy to get attached too especially Lukas. I was completely drilling over him. Lukas is mine, yes I said it MINE. The book flowed with ease. Before I knew it I was entrapped in the story. Lukas was running away from his past. He could not tolerate himself because of the terrible things he did when he was first turned into a nightwalker. He was as...more
Michelle
Deep in the Yucatan jungle Lukas Smith and Gretchen Finch are hard at work translating a series of ancient mayan glyphs they have found on an altar. Lukas is desperate to discover the origins of the Night Walkers in order to explain and inevitably end his own existense. Lukas shouldn't exist, his transition into a Night Walker occured accidentally during an encounter with an inexperienced Calisto and Lukas has been struggling to come to terms with it ever since.

Gretchen has spent 10 months in t...more
Annabel
First she made me fall in love with Calisto, then with Kane and now I can add Lukas to my list. I don’t know how she does it, but I love every one of her characters, even the bad guys!

Just like Nightwalker and Night Thief this book is an instant addiction. I started reading it Saturday night and I finished it today. I don’t have that much time to read but this was one book I just couldn’t put away! I took my e-reader with me everywhere I went. I had to know how the story was going to end, would...more
Jessica
WHOA......This book was so good! i absolutely loved it! I loved the main characters Lukas and Gretchen and I thought the storyline in Night Demon was AWESOME. There were some twists that I didn't see coming and it made the book that much better. I can't tell you what they are because 1) I don't want to ruin the book & 2) you should read this book to find out for yourself what they are!

Lukas Smith is a Night Walker who was made by accident from Calisto. Gretchen Finch is his assistant and th...more
Night Demon!!!!! 4 14 Mar 14, 2013 01:33AM
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • The End of Darkness (Offspring, #7)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • The Demon's Daughter (Demon Outlaws, #1)
  • Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • A Jaguar's Kiss
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Curse, #5)
  • Heart of the Incubus (Demons of Infernum, #3.5)
  • Mark of the Bear (Hades' Carnival, #2)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Dead Sexy
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Operation Saving Daniel
  • The Claimed (Sin Hunters, #4)
  • Love at Stake (Fated Match, #1)
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • Surrender (Section 8, #1)
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled...more
More about Lisa Kessler...
Night Walker (Night, #1) Moonlight (Moon, #1) Beg Me to Slay Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2) Across the Veil