Start by marking “Marmalade Boy, Vol. 06” as Want to Read:
Marmalade Boy, Vol. 06

Marmalade Boy, Vol. 06 (Marmalade Boy #6)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  957 ratings  ·  13 reviews
And you thought your family was strange? Miki's world gets turned upside down when her parents swap spouses with another couple and all decide to live together under one roof. It only gets weirder when Miki falls in love with her new stepbrother Like a dysfunctional version of the Brady Bunch, Marmalade Boy will hook readers with its odd premise and wacky relationships.
Published by Tokyopop (first published February 15th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Marmalade Boy, Vol. 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marmalade Boy, Vol. 06

Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3.5/5
[Also available at my blog.]

There are only two volumes left! That’s insane! How did this happen!?

A small part of me wants to slow down, take my time, because I don’t want this series to end, but a bigger part of me wants to hurry through them because I want to find out what happens, ohmygod. That bigger part if, of course, winning, and so I am going to be starting the next volume as soon as this review is done being written.

A lot of this volume focuses on the drama between Miki and Yuu. Mi...more
Starbubbles
Heather
Didn't like this volume quite as much, but it was still good. I felt like the conflicts introduced in Miki and Yuu's relationship were resolved unrealistically fast. That may have been because it was originally a serial story, so people had to wait in between sections to find out what would happen next, whereas for those of us reading the compiled volume it all kind of speeds by.
Susan
The problem is what replaces the Yuu-looking-for-his-father storyline. Miwa's bratty little cousin tries to break up Yuu and Miki, with the inadvertent help of a guy at Miki's job who has a crush on her. The sexual politics in this series are really screwed up.
Helen
I read a bunch of the first few volumes back in the day when I was working at Waldenbooks...never found out how the story progressed.

ETA (4/3/08): Oops, apparently this is one of the ones I've already read. Booooo.
Julie
This manga has a pretty out-there premise, but managed to pull it off. Parts of it are very emotional and I think the story is crafted well. It was interesting to see the characters mature through the end of the series.
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
This was one of my first ever manga. An incredibly cute story, easy to read and easy to love.
Caroline
A fun, romantic comedy. Not a whole lot going on, but it was a cute opposites attract kind of deal.
Dwie Wulan
Meiko dan Miki pergi ke Hiroshima
Grace
Sep 13, 2012 Grace rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Yeahh this was a good one
Helena
...sooo romantic!!!
Amy
Amy added it
Sep 27, 2014
Naomi Moffitt
Naomi Moffitt marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Sep 25, 2014
Evan
Evan added it
Sep 22, 2014
Katie Mcgee
Katie Mcgee marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 06
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 17
  • Mars, Volume 06
Wataru Yoshizumi (吉住渉, Yoshizumi Wataru) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born as Mari Nakai (中井 真里, Nakai Mari) on June 18, 1963 in Tokyo, Japan. She graduated with a degree in economics from Hitotsubashi University.

Yoshizumi started her career as a mangaka while working as an office lady. Her debut manga was a yomikiri (short story) called "Radical Romance" that was published in 1984, in the summe...more
More about Wataru Yoshizumi...
Marmalade Boy, Vol. 01 Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01 Ultra Maniac, Vol. 02 Marmalade Boy, Vol. 05 Marmalade Boy, Vol. 02