Start by marking “Teacher Leadership That Strengthens Professional Practice” as Want to Read:
Teacher Leadership That Strengthens Professional Practice

Teacher Leadership That Strengthens Professional Practice

Every school relies on teachers who informally and voluntarily lead various efforts in the school. These teachers may not be appointed leaders or paid leaders, but they are committed leaders: they see a need and they respond to it. What do these teacher leaders do that is different from the work of excellent teachers who are not teacher leaders? If we can articulate those ...more
Published June 7th 2006 by Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development (first published January 1st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about Teacher Leadership That Strengthens Professional Practice

Pei Pei
Jul 30, 2012 Pei Pei rated it did not like it
Partway through this book, I had to flip to the back cover to try to remind myself of what the purpose of the book was. According to the back of the book:

"Teachers seeking to expand their leadership capacity will learn how to
--recognize an opportunity and take initiative
--mobilize colleagues around a common purpose
--marshal resources and take action
--monitor and adjust the initiative
--sustain the commitment of others, and
--contribute to the learning organization

Administrators will find advice on
Barb Middleton
Jul 16, 2012 Barb Middleton rated it it was amazing
Three classes, 50 pages in papers, and I am soooooo glad I ended the whole caboodle with this book. I created a few lessons that I am going to use at the start of the year and was able to reflect on best practices. I also can see why I love our school. We are doing so many things well that it is no surprise I can think of many teacher leaders throughout the grade levels.

Teacher leaders are individuals who see a need or gap in student learning and address it in a way that influences others beyon
Ms.Given
Dec 10, 2011 Ms.Given rated it really liked it
Once again, Danielson does a nice job of making the complex seem clearer and therefore, possible. She includes some great tables that help to define ways in which emerging and established teacher leaders can grow and expand their influence and skills in order to contribute to a stronger school and profession.
Mikki
Aug 10, 2011 Mikki rated it really liked it
I appreciated Danielson's approach in that she focuses on teachers as leaders, and not just administrators. Her teacher evaluation rubrics are some of the few approved by the new APPR system, so this book is worth reading to understand her philosophy. This would be a great study group title to read.
Mary
Jun 16, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
Made some interesting points about how teacher leaders effect a school. Also, it made the reader value teacher leaders and how administration and teachers can work together to enhance student learning.
Sarah Wechsler
Mar 03, 2016 Sarah Wechsler rated it really liked it
Very practical and a quick read! Great for teachers who want to remain in the classroom. Great resources for how teachers can influence change in teams, school wide and district wide.
Roslyn Elliott
Roslyn Elliott rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Heather Grutz
Heather Grutz rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Ester
Ester rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Pam Horton
Pam Horton rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Cheriecrosby
Cheriecrosby rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2012
Kandi Horton
Kandi Horton rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2009
Raven
Raven rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2012
Jean
Jean rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Megan Freeland
Megan Freeland rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2013
Mandy Browning
Mandy Browning rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
T
T rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Laura Bryan
Laura Bryan rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Shannon Dickinson
Jun 13, 2012 Shannon Dickinson rated it really liked it
This is a must read for anyone seeking to improve their leadership potential.
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2010
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Angela
Jun 01, 2015 Angela rated it did not like it
The. Most. Painful. Read. Ever. Graduate school stinks.
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2016
Elisabeth Sipayung
Elisabeth Sipayung rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2012
Cary
Cary rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2014
Kristin Janssen
Kristin Janssen rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Kelly Iverson-Egge
Kelly Iverson-Egge rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2015
Diane Leonard
Diane Leonard rated it liked it
May 13, 2011