Start by marking “Bakuman, Volume 13: Avid Readers and Love at First Sight (Bakuman, #13)” as Want to Read:
Bakuman, Volume 13: Avid Readers and Love at First Sight (Bakuman, #13)

Bakuman, Volume 13: Avid Readers and Love at First Sight (Bakuman #13)

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for audiences T.

Average student Moritaka Mashiro enjoys drawing for fun. When his classmate and aspiring writer Akito Takagi discovers his talent, he begs Moritaka to team up with him as a manga-creating duo. But what exactly does it take to make it in the manga-publishing world?

After being told their current series Perfect Crime Party will

Published August 7th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bakuman, Volume 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bakuman, Volume 13

Lila Cyclist
Mar 27, 2016 Lila Cyclist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buku-pinzeman
Sudah baca scanlation nya sampe entah bab berapa. Jadi pas baca printednya jadi bingung. Kok sudah tau ya, yg ini juga :D

Tapi seru juga menuliskan kisah cinta sendiri ke dalam komik buat Saikou. Kurang seru sebenarnya mengingat cinta diam2 mereka yg bikin geregetan hahaha... Satu hal yg bikin ngakak sampe nggledyak itu pas bagian Hiramaru nembak Aoki.... Go Go Go Hiramaru.... You deserve her #tsaaahhh...

Endingnya, di bagian Ashirogi Muto baca satu manga dimana mereka bakal ngasih penilaian mirip
Mal
Aug 16, 2016 Mal rated it liked it
Jose
Sep 02, 2014 Jose rated it it was amazing
I like this volume because it helped Mashiro and Takagi learn to improve their skills on their own between Mashiro doing a one-shot and Takagi doing Loveta. Hiramaru and miss Akoki are starting to be an item so that is interesting also and, I can't wait to keep reading.

Saefiel
May 12, 2014 Saefiel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hiramaru = best character ever.
Laurianne Uy
May 15, 2013 Laurianne Uy rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Hiramaru is the best character. SERIOUSLY!
Dony Grayman
Edición argentina, tomo 13 sin el título en la tapa: Lectores y amor a primera vista.
S.Q. Eries
Sep 27, 2012 S.Q. Eries rated it it was amazing
Hana Bilqisthi
Apr 19, 2016 Hana Bilqisthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hana Book Review

Suka sama pesan di komik ini. Awalnya shuujin dan Saikou buru-buru ingin membuat manga yang diadaptasi menjadi anime agar Saikou bisa segera mewujudkan mimpi dan janjinya untuk menikah dengan Azuki.

Namun setelah melalui berbagai cobaan dan rintangan, di komik ini mereka sadar bahwa untuk membuat komik yang diadaptasi ke dalam anime tidaklah semudah atau secepat yang mereka duga. Shuujin dan Saikou mulai lebih menghargai proses dan menyadari bahwa hambatan
Variaciones Enrojo
Reseña de Andrés Accorsi para su blog:

[...]Cierro con un nuevo tomo de Bakuman, el manga sobre mangakas que conmueve y apasiona de punta a punta, sin bajar jamás la calidad, sin quedarse sin ideas, sin perder la magia y la capacidad de sorprendernos. Este Vol.13 es casi un autoconclusivo insertado en medio de la saga. El guión de Tsugumi Ohba se las ingenia para que todo, incluso los mangas que producen los Muto Ashirogi (y sus colegas/amigos/rivales), pa
Hollowspine
Jul 28, 2014 Hollowspine rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
What a great series. I continue to find inspiration, love the nods to all the series that have come before, the continued development of the characters and really pretty much everything about this series.

Obha and Obata really make a great team. Like Mashiro and Takagi they seem to be able to cover just about any genre, with a spin that makes it unique and gives it that Ohabata (!) edge. I just wish that some of the invented series that they showcase in these books were real. I'm sure I'd love Ot
Jocelyne
Apr 13, 2013 Jocelyne rated it it was amazing
Woah. Alright. Lets organize this chronologically.
1) I'm glad Takagi and Mashiro are back together, so to speak. I was worried that they were in trouble during the first few chapters!
2) Kaya... God. She's amazing. She's so good to Takagi and Mashiro, and yet all she gets in return is a lot of housekeeping jobs and bad attitude from her husband. I'm so glad she got recognition from the editorial staff towards the end (the massive bouquet).
3) Hiramaru and Aoki. I really like both of their characte
Scott Lee
Jul 20, 2016 Scott Lee rated it liked it
Downplayed teammate drama between Mashiro and Takagi drags this volume down for me. The whole "Love Fest" really felt like filler that detracted from the overall ark. The lack of real drama with the Muto Ashirogi team proper allowed some of the background characters to take a larger role and Hiramaru shines in particular. The chase scene that centers around him is hilarious.

For me this volume demonstrates the difficulty of the task Tsugumi and Takeshi have set themselves. A successful shonen ma
Anne
Sep 24, 2012 Anne rated it it was ok
I think I'm getting burnt out on this series. The "will they or won't they succeed" plot device is getting repetitive and stale, which I think the author knows because now he's throwing in random sub-plots about the other manga artists (which though weird are sometimes more interesting than the main plot). I'm also losing interest in the 4th grade "romance" between Miho and Mashiro - I get that this is Shonen manga, but honestly the whole "we can't meet until we achieve these narrowly define and ...more
Taruia
Jun 29, 2014 Taruia rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
There was ample opportunity for the Takagi/Kaya storyline could have really gone places here but the authors chickened out (bwooooooork book book book). Takagi helps another Mangaka and stays at his house (yeah I am leaving the obvious) so now Kaya-san things he has left her (but has he?), she rings Miho-san be she is of no use because she is 22 and has held hands once. Ah, the Japanese manga version of The Waltons. There is a lot 'Come one, you are our rival so we have to work harder and we can ...more
Sean
Dec 17, 2012 Sean rated it really liked it
This volume focuses on an apparent division between the team of Muto Ashirogi, a manga contest that involves most of the main characters, and deals with Hiramaru's love life, offering up some new developments in that department. And someone is actually nice to Kaya--and, of course, it isn't her husband Takagi! In fact, he's an even bigger jerk than before. Surprise surprise!

It was nice to see more of the supporting cast in this volume, since Muto Ashirogi tend to be a bit boring after 13 volumes
Narika
Mar 11, 2015 Narika rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this volume and was very excited to see how will the conflict between Takagi and Mashiro will turn out. I'm glad everything was fine at the end! And "The Classroom of Truth" seems so interesting, I would definitely read it, if it was a real manga! I also remember being very excited while waiting for these chapters to be animated. Also this volume took me longer to read than expected, I hope to find some time to read other manga faster! And as always "Bakuman" is a superb ...more
Amy
Jun 16, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
I will review this series as a whole because like i mentioned, I lost track of the volumes. I'm currently in volume 16, according to wiki... so yeah, 4 stars. There are a few parts that I don't really agree with characters when they kind of ignore the female's perspective, I know this is a shounen manga, but I think women are not being respected enough, for example, Kaya-chan, Takagi's wife, she is so dedicated in helping them but yet, sometimes I think Takagi and Mashiro dissed her too much.
Kaarina
Oct 27, 2012 Kaarina rated it it was amazing
I´m giving this volume five stars because of...Hiramaru! I couldn´t help but laugh all the way when I read the great chase scene between him and his editor Yoshida! Bakuman has so hilarious moments (and serious humour as well) but this was by far the funniest volume! Also, Eiji, Fukuda and Hiramaru making a romantic manga was something that made me snort also. Bakuman is at its best when it isn´t focused on Mashiro´s and Azuki´s romance.
Kate
Sep 18, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
Lord
Sep 23, 2012 Lord rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, slice-of-life
I really really liked this volume. I was a bit afraid where this series is heading because in the 12th volume it was all about getting as many manga series in Jump as possible, which is really ridiculous and was diminishing somewhat realistic feel of Bakuman. Anyway, this volume is really great and Hiramaru is a star of this maga. I really wish him luck in his love affair.. ^_^
Marta
Apr 14, 2016 Marta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta serie es increíble, a cada tomo que leo más me gusta. Un nuevo reto para los Ashigori Muto y seguimos avanzando en la trama personal de los personajes. Mini punto para Hiramaru por toda su evolución, me mata de la risa...
David Sanz
Nov 28, 2013 David Sanz rated it really liked it
He recuperado un poco las ganas de leerlo... Por fin empiezan a cerrar algún que otro tema cansino y se meten en la recta final de la serie. Sigo pensando que podrían haberla reducido a 10 tomos excelentes.
Amber
Dec 08, 2015 Amber rated it liked it
The tension fell off for the Romance contest in such a lax resolve compared to the build and the tangent with Otter man just needed to go, but there's still plenty here to enjoy even if moments do feel a little too contrived.
Gabrielle
Aug 19, 2012 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
This series is getting better and better ... I really enjoyed Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's work ... the ending of this volume made me want to really look forward to the next one ... I am trying not to read the weekly comic so I can enjoy reading this in one go ...
Olivia
Feb 20, 2016 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2016_book
Volume ini makin bikin terharu sama partershipnya Saikou dan Shuujin.
Sempat berhasil bikin gregetan sendiri di pertengahan cerita dan tersenyum lepas akhirnya meskipun udah tahu bakal gimana akhirnya sih.
Akan ada satu pesaing baru di volume berikutnya
Elsa
Jul 12, 2016 Elsa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-2016
Este manga ha sido creo que el que mas me ha tenido en suspenso y enganchada con la historia.
Ni siquiera quería acabarlo.
Pero con ese final... NECESITO el siguiente con todo mi corazón.
Shuujin... por un momento yo también dude de ti... pero sabia que eras bueno! ;-;
Douglas Cootey
Aug 17, 2012 Douglas Cootey rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, manga, young-adult
Absolutely loved the side story with Hiramaru. His character has been one mostly for laughs, and generally thin, but in this issue his character really shined.
Andrew
Mar 10, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
I have to give this volume four stars just for a panel spread featuring Hiramaru and Yoshida drawn like a scene out of horror series. Realistic comedy at its best.
La Revistería Comics
May 28, 2016 La Revistería Comics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, ed-arg
Lectores y amor a primera vista, los componentes titulares de este 13º tomo del manga sobre mangas más maravilloso en la historia.
  • Cross Game 6 (Cross Game, #12-13)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 3 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 3] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #3)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)
  • ワンピース 59 [Wan Pīsu 59] (One Piece, #59)
  • 21st Century Boys, Band 1 (21st Century Boys, #1)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire, #5)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 14: Heaven and Earth (Dragon Ball, #14)
5502079
Tsugumi Ōba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His/her real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ōba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation
More about Tsugumi Ohba...

Bakuman (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Bakuman, Band 1: Traum und Realität
  • Bakuman, Volume 2: Chocolate and Akamaru (Bakuman, #2)
  • Bakuman, Volume 3: Debüt und Ungeduld
  • Bakuman, Volume 4: Phone Call and the Night Before (Bakuman, #4)
  • Bakuman, Volume 5: Yearbook and Photobook
  • Bakuman, Volume 6: Recklessness and Guts
  • Bakuman, Volume 7: Gag and Serious
  • Bakuman, Volume 8: Panty Shot and Savior
  • Bakuman, Volume 9: Talent and Pride
  • Bakuman, Volume 10: Imagination and Presentation (Bakuman, #10)