Start by marking “The Books of Skyrim” as Want to Read:
The Books of Skyrim

The Books of Skyrim

4.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  218 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A digital collection of all of the books that can be found and read in the epic game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim." Included are such TES classics as "The Lusty Argonian Maid" and material new to the TES games.
Published November 2011 (first published 2011)

BioShock by John ShirleyHomeland by R.A. SalvatoreIco by Miyuki MiyabeDisgaea by Arashi ShindoThe Legend of Zelda by Patrick Thorpe
Beyond The Game
18th out of 77 books — 22 voters
Ready Player One by Ernest ClineThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardScott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'MalleyNeverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Books for Gamers
41st out of 197 books — 78 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsey
May 05, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
I HAVE CONQUERED YOU, FLAVOR TEXT COMPENDIUM.

In no particular order, have my ten favorites:
1. The Real Barenziah (probably actually my top favorite)
2. The Wolf Queen
10. The Lusty Argonian Maid
Matthew
Jun 12, 2012 Matthew rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A really excellent collection of short stories, poems, songs and other literature found in the Skyrim video game. There is a surprising amount of content here (854 pages) and most of it is very good. If you are looking for something that will fill in the lore and back history of the world of Tamriel, then this will do it. Best of all, the stories and the lore is actually quite good. You will learn about the creation of the universe, the races, their histories and some of the major turning points ...more
Dan Pollard
Dec 31, 2012 Dan Pollard rated it it was amazing
I originally started reading these after my first play through Skyrim during my commute. I became so enthralled by the depth that was put into these stories I was compelled to play a further 100 or so hours, especially to visit all the places talked of in the books. This is a must for every fantasy fan - whether you've played the games or not. An excellent collection of journals, diary excerpts, short stories, factual accounts, and epic tales.
Danny Torkelson
May 11, 2016 Danny Torkelson rated it it was amazing
I never took the time in-game to read the books as I scavenged them here and there (mostly because I wanted to get on with the quest, but also because of the large font, the time spent page-turning, and the fragmented nature of the book series). But now with all of them in front of me at once, they tell some amazingly clever stories and reveal some truly hilarious and insightful anecdotes about Skyrim.

Unfortunately, I would only recommend this book to those who have played AND enjoyed Skyrim; t
Emre Karadeniz
Mar 07, 2012 Emre Karadeniz rated it really liked it
They are awesome books. Seriously most of them are better than other fantasy short stories
Metatron
Dec 08, 2015 Metatron rated it it was amazing
It would be an understatement to say I am a fan of Skyrim. I love Skyrim. This game means so much to me it's insane: not only was it my first RPG, it was the first game in which I was ever able to truly dream and escape from the real world to elaborate a second life in which the world was different from everything I ever knew.

The stories in this game are amazing. You have hilarious ones like the "Lusty Argonian Maid" and every single book written by Pelagius the Mad, interesting ones like "The
Andre
Jan 22, 2016 Andre rated it it was amazing
The books of Skyrim by Brain Chapin

The book is filled with Many short stories from the game skyrim and all some of of the stories have a child-like wonder of adventure and some are filled with harrowing tales of the sea of ghost or places most unknown to the world of tamriel. Like from the short-story A dance in fire. I man named Hulgard Had a fascination with fire since he was a child but an in incident he made his family's barn burn down and was scared of the punishment and had to run away to
Zach Goss
Sep 04, 2014 Zach Goss rated it really liked it
A TON of short stories in a wide variety of genres, ranging from excellent to just ok. Elder Scrolls fans will probably get the most out of it, obviously, but I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a thorough look into a richly detailed fantasy world.
Kristopher
Nov 06, 2014 Kristopher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This collection of books from the game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is flawless. This is some of the most detailed video game lore I've ever read. There's a wide range of material in this collection, such as history of Skyrim, religious texts, biographies, and folk tales from the Elder Scrolls universe. It's a long read, but it's great to read on and off. I wouldn't recommend reading it all the way through, as that might be a bit too much for one go.
Patrick
Oct 21, 2012 Patrick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone not interested in the Elder Scroll series. I have not played any of those games, and that is perhaps why I found this collection of stories quite boring and too diverse for me. One chapter deals with the Pterlus line while the next is a recipe for orc stew, followed by a "A burglar's guide on surviving in Skyrim". Unless you're a serious fan of this series, skip it.
Christine Frost
Sep 10, 2012 Christine Frost rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy to have this compendium! I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series for years, and it's great to see the stories I've loved to read in the game in the collection. It's really an amazing testament to the level of detail they put into building this world.
Andrias Scheuchzeri
Jan 26, 2016 Andrias Scheuchzeri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, fiction
Even thought its kind of cool getting to read actual books while playing Skyrim, being able to read the complete collection as an ebook afterwards was even better. One of my favorites was the story of The Wolf Queen, but there are also some remarkable ones. ...more
Saul Martinez
Jul 12, 2013 Saul Martinez rated it it was amazing
That took entirely too long. Great mythos, hard to follow sometimes. The stories of individual of legends are by far my favorite. In particular, Queen Barenziah and Queen Potema had great stories.
Dogfood411
Dec 23, 2013 Dogfood411 rated it really liked it
The collection of stories and writings are a nice addition to an already deep gaming experience.
Mosthak
Apr 30, 2012 Mosthak rated it it was amazing
A really good read and the stories give a lot of background to the myth surrounding The Elder Scrolls games.
Brian
Aug 12, 2012 Brian added it
Nice having a collection of all the books in the realm of Skyrim. A lot of work.
Bookquotesgalore
Bookquotesgalore marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Shazmil Ward
Shazmil Ward marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Nynros Vorlon
Nynros Vorlon marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Ajay Yadav
Ajay Yadav marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Antsnack
Antsnack marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Jonathan McMullen
Jonathan McMullen marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Kayle
Kayle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Joseph_tabone
Joseph_tabone marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • Mass Effect: Invasion
  • Forgotten Realms Player's Guide: A 4th Edition D&D Supplement
  • Alan Wake
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. I: The Histories (Skyrim Library,  #1)
  • Hemingway & Bailey's Bartending Guide to Great American Writers
  • Lord of Souls (The Elder Scrolls, #2)
  • The Troll's Grindstone
  • Deus Ex: Icarus Effect
  • Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth
  • The Egyptian Book of the Dead : The Book of Coming Forth by Day
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)