Start by marking “The Books of Skyrim” as Want to Read:
The Books of Skyrim

The Books of Skyrim

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A digital collection of all of the books that can be found and read in the epic game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim." Included are such TES classics as "The Lusty Argonian Maid" and material new to the TES games.
Published November 2011 (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Books of Skyrim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Books of Skyrim

BioShock by John ShirleyHomeland by R.A. SalvatoreIco by Miyuki MiyabeAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenThe Legend of Zelda by Patrick Thorpe
Beyond The Game
39th out of 48 books — 11 voters
Ready Player One by Ernest ClineNeuromancer by William GibsonEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardNeverwhere by Neil GaimanThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Books for Gamers
22nd out of 98 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Matthew
A really excellent collection of short stories, poems, songs and other literature found in the Skyrim video game. There is a surprising amount of content here (854 pages) and most of it is very good. If you are looking for something that will fill in the lore and back history of the world of Tamriel, then this will do it. Best of all, the stories and the lore is actually quite good. You will learn about the creation of the universe, the races, their histories and some of the major turning points ...more
Lindsey
I HAVE CONQUERED YOU, FLAVOR TEXT COMPENDIUM.

In no particular order, have my ten favorites:
1. The Real Barenziah (probably actually my top favorite)
2. The Wolf Queen
8. Ahzirr Trajijazaer
9. 2920: The Last Year of the First Era
10. The Lusty Argonian Maid
Dan Pollard
I originally started reading these after my first play through Skyrim during my commute. I became so enthralled by the depth that was put into these stories I was compelled to play a further 100 or so hours, especially to visit all the places talked of in the books. This is a must for every fantasy fan - whether you've played the games or not. An excellent collection of journals, diary excerpts, short stories, factual accounts, and epic tales.
Emre Karadeniz
They are awesome books. Seriously most of them are better than other fantasy short stories
Zach Goss
A TON of short stories in a wide variety of genres, ranging from excellent to just ok. Elder Scrolls fans will probably get the most out of it, obviously, but I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a thorough look into a richly detailed fantasy world.
Kristopher
This collection of books from the game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is flawless. This is some of the most detailed video game lore I've ever read. There's a wide range of material in this collection, such as history of Skyrim, religious texts, biographies, and folk tales from the Elder Scrolls universe. It's a long read, but it's great to read on and off. I wouldn't recommend reading it all the way through, as that might be a bit too much for one go.
Patrick
I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone not interested in the Elder Scroll series. I have not played any of those games, and that is perhaps why I found this collection of stories quite boring and too diverse for me. One chapter deals with the Pterlus line while the next is a recipe for orc stew, followed by a "A burglar's guide on surviving in Skyrim". Unless you're a serious fan of this series, skip it.
Christine Frost
I'm so happy to have this compendium! I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series for years, and it's great to see the stories I've loved to read in the game in the collection. It's really an amazing testament to the level of detail they put into building this world.
Saul Martinez
That took entirely too long. Great mythos, hard to follow sometimes. The stories of individual of legends are by far my favorite. In particular, Queen Barenziah and Queen Potema had great stories.
Dogfood411
The collection of stories and writings are a nice addition to an already deep gaming experience.
Mosthak
A really good read and the stories give a lot of background to the myth surrounding The Elder Scrolls games.
Brian
Aug 12, 2012 Brian added it
Nice having a collection of all the books in the realm of Skyrim. A lot of work.
Daniel
May 26, 2012 Daniel marked it as to-read
Shelves: english, kindle
Wait, so this is for real? Awesome! :D
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Erin Wynn
Erin Wynn marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
A.f
A.f marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Hunterbush
Hunterbush marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Sam Gregory
Sam Gregory marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Mr.detail
Mr.detail marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Kelly Mosley
Kelly Mosley marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Philip Sharpe
Philip Sharpe marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Ashely
Ashely marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
lexie chapman
lexie chapman marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
  • The Most Dangerous Game: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection
  • Mass Effect: Invasion
  • Alan Wake
  • Dungeon Master's Guide
  • Du plus loin de l'oubli
  • Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth
  • Hemingway & Bailey's Bartending Guide to Great American Writers
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)
  • Evolution: A View from the 21st Century
  • Uprising (Starcraft, #0.5)
  • The Art of the Mass Effect Universe