Start by marking “Chocolate Reality” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Reality

Chocolate Reality

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Not many women would be able to look on the bright side of things when they are left at standing at the front of a church, alone, in a white dress, with everyone blaming her for the groom’s cold feet. Yet that’s exactly what Wynne does. When the only comfort she could find was in the form of chocolate, Wynne decided to open her own shop, called Chocolate Blessings.

With a n
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 192 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Steena Holmes

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Reality

Angela Wallace
Mar 17, 2012 Angela Wallace rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
This was a fun, sweet read full of girlfriends and chocolate. There’s no better combination. Wynne’s struggle of faith is also one that I’ve known quite a few women to go through. Wynne wants to surrender her life to God’s will, but she also longs for a husband and a family. What happens if her dreams and God’s will don’t align?

She’s also got her girlfriends to get her through these trials–a variety of women with their own quirks and vibrant personalities. My only disappointment was there were h
Melodie
Jun 20, 2014 Melodie rated it liked it
Chocolate Reality is a sweet(pardon the pun) funny read about a young woman left at the altar, and her determination to grow and thrive after disaster. The story line moved right along. It was touching without resorting to a whole bunch of sappiness.It was funny as Wynne narrates her own story from the debacle of the wedding day to opening her own sweet shop, to her heart's search for Mr. Right.Easy to identify with, Wynne embodied how many of us would liked to have had the grace to handle an a ...more
Stacey Taylor
Aug 06, 2014 Stacey Taylor rated it it was ok
I usually enjoy Steena Holmes' books but I was really disappointed in this one. I felt like it was a book described by a child and written by an adult; she would over describe things that I saw irrelevant and it felt like she based the main character's life on a life she would wish for herself. It got to the point where the book would irritate me so much that I had to put it down for a while but seeing as I paid for it, I was determined to eventually finish it. Like previous reviewers have menti ...more
Loraine
Jan 09, 2012 Loraine rated it really liked it
Lighthearted clean Christian romance. Wynne is a diehard chocolate lover and owns her own shop the Chocolate blessings. She so wants to find a soul mate after letting the guy who she realizes now was the love of her life go and standing her fiance up at the alter when they both realize that they are settling for "second best". Will her mom's "mystery man" blind date turn out to the be man she's been dreaming of for almost a year?
Mar 05, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time finishing this book. For 3/4 of the book nothing happens except for the main character eating chocolate and complaining all the time (stop complaining about your life and do something to change it!). Plus there are two characters, Stacy and Tracey (way to be original) and the author is constantly getting them confused in the book and writing the wrong name. Did no one proof-read this before it was published?

The only reason I continued to read it is because I bought it an
Sara Freitag
May 17, 2013 Sara Freitag rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. I just loved it. I kept laughing out loud at Wynne and the things she did or the things that happened to her cause I totally saw it happening to me! This author is awesome. I haven't read anything of hers I didn't like.
Sue
Feb 01, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it
I follow Steena Holmes on Facebook and I know that she loves chocolate so the tile of this book and the fact that it took place in a candy store didn't surprise me at all. I thought that the book was a fun read, the characters were interesting and relatable and the ending was believable. I would like to read a sequel to see what happens to some of the other gals in the group. Overall a light happy book.
Linda
May 17, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is an engaging, light hearted story, easy reading, easy to follow, no back tracking or overwhelming number of characters that keep you wondering who is who. A book that connects you to the main character, feel her pain, happiness and wish you were as strong as she. I truly enjoyed this book and wish I had friends like she had standing by her through out her ordeal but also sharing her times of happiness.
I found this author by reading "Finding Emma". Fell in love with the way she wrote so se
Marcy Collins
Mar 07, 2016 Marcy Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For the love of chocolate!

This story I read after I'd read the first two Stillwater books, and I loved it...it was a heartwarming feel good book with the love of chocolate being a very important part!
Cathy
May 17, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Chocolate Reality was a nice romantic story. It was about a woman finding her strength and allowing her friends to help her. She loves chocolate and coffee and turns that into a business. Even when a certain person is treating and speaking mean to her she does not lower herself to that standard and stays with the golden rule. That worked to her favor later when that person found out the truth and apologized. I enjoyed this story and have another of Steena’s books “Finding Emma” in my to read lis ...more
Elena Aitken
Mar 18, 2012 Elena Aitken rated it it was amazing
Chocolate Reality is a fun and fresh read perfect when you need a little pick me up. Wynne, the main character is likeable and relate able and I found myself rooting for her from the beginning.
Full of good friends, this book is much more than a romantic story, it will make you want to pick up the phone and call a girlfriend for a chat over coffee and maybe a chocolate treat. ;)
Especially if you enjoy Christian fiction, I'd recommend Chocolate Reality as a great, quick read to escape in.
Susan Emery-O'Malley
Dec 01, 2012 Susan Emery-O'Malley rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The characters were real and believable. Dealt with some tough subjects in a sweet way. Doubt, fear, anger at God to name a few. Story shows that despite our failings God longs to give us the desires of our hearts if we will just trust Him.
Sherri Smith
Oct 09, 2013 Sherri Smith rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Just a fresh, true-to-life love story! It's a clean romance novel, which sometimes is so nice to read.
Natalie Reyes
Nov 28, 2013 Natalie Reyes rated it really liked it
Cute Girly book! The end leaves you wanting a sequel. :)
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Susan Peterson
Susan Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Pgile5
Pgile5 marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Linda Buzard-Moffitt marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Victoria Warren
Victoria Warren marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Rachael Gillis hauben
Rachael Gillis hauben marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Penny Leidecker
Penny Leidecker marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Pauline
Pauline rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Christie Jackson
Christie Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
WFWA
WFWA added it
Apr 22, 2016
Angel Hollingsworth
Angel Hollingsworth marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Awakening Mercy
  • White as Snow: A Christmas Story
  • Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)
  • Forty Years Later
  • The Weight of Shadows
  • Perfect (Claire McCall #4)
  • Saving Bobby
  • CrossFire
  • Cowboy (The Harmony Series #1)
  • Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel
  • There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • Truffles By The Sea (Chocolate #2)
  • Elvis Takes a Back Seat
  • Running Home
  • Sugar Rush
  • First Things First: The Rules of Being a Warner
  • The Someday List (Jubilant Soul #1)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author - Steena is the author of the heart wrenching Finding Emma series.

The Word Game was included in the Top 20 Novels to be Written by Women in 2015 by Good Housekeeping.

Her latest novel - The Word Game won the 2015 USA Books Award for Best Fiction and her novel, The Memory Child was a finalist in the same category.

Steena Holmes grew up in a small town in C
More about Steena Holmes...