Start by marking “Chocolate Reality” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Reality

Chocolate Reality

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Not many women would be able to look on the bright side of things when they are left at standing at the front of a church, alone, in a white dress, with everyone blaming her for the groom’s cold feet. Yet that’s exactly what Wynne does. When the only comfort she could find was in the form of chocolate, Wynne decided to open her own shop, called Chocolate Blessings.

With a n
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 192 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Steena Holmes

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Reality

Angela Wallace
This was a fun, sweet read full of girlfriends and chocolate. There’s no better combination. Wynne’s struggle of faith is also one that I’ve known quite a few women to go through. Wynne wants to surrender her life to God’s will, but she also longs for a husband and a family. What happens if her dreams and God’s will don’t align?

She’s also got her girlfriends to get her through these trials–a variety of women with their own quirks and vibrant personalities. My only disappointment was there were h
Melodie
Chocolate Reality is a sweet(pardon the pun) funny read about a young woman left at the altar, and her determination to grow and thrive after disaster. The story line moved right along. It was touching without resorting to a whole bunch of sappiness.It was funny as Wynne narrates her own story from the debacle of the wedding day to opening her own sweet shop, to her heart's search for Mr. Right.Easy to identify with, Wynne embodied how many of us would liked to have had the grace to handle an a ...more
Stacey Taylor
I usually enjoy Steena Holmes' books but I was really disappointed in this one. I felt like it was a book described by a child and written by an adult; she would over describe things that I saw irrelevant and it felt like she based the main character's life on a life she would wish for herself. It got to the point where the book would irritate me so much that I had to put it down for a while but seeing as I paid for it, I was determined to eventually finish it. Like previous reviewers have menti ...more
I normally don't write a review until I am done a book, but boy I am having a hard time finishing this one. I bought it looking for a simple, quick light read, but this is almost too light. I'm halfway done and nothing has happened. It's the main character eating chocolate and complaining all the time. Plus there are two characters, Stacy and Tracey (way to be original) and the author is constantly getting them confused in the book and writing the wrong name. Did no one proof-read this before it ...more
Loraine
Lighthearted clean Christian romance. Wynne is a diehard chocolate lover and owns her own shop the Chocolate blessings. She so wants to find a soul mate after letting the guy who she realizes now was the love of her life go and standing her fiance up at the alter when they both realize that they are settling for "second best". Will her mom's "mystery man" blind date turn out to the be man she's been dreaming of for almost a year?
Sara Freitag
Awesome book. I just loved it. I kept laughing out loud at Wynne and the things she did or the things that happened to her cause I totally saw it happening to me! This author is awesome. I haven't read anything of hers I didn't like.
Sue
I follow Steena Holmes on Facebook and I know that she loves chocolate so the tile of this book and the fact that it took place in a candy store didn't surprise me at all. I thought that the book was a fun read, the characters were interesting and relatable and the ending was believable. I would like to read a sequel to see what happens to some of the other gals in the group. Overall a light happy book.
Linda
This is an engaging, light hearted story, easy reading, easy to follow, no back tracking or overwhelming number of characters that keep you wondering who is who. A book that connects you to the main character, feel her pain, happiness and wish you were as strong as she. I truly enjoyed this book and wish I had friends like she had standing by her through out her ordeal but also sharing her times of happiness.
I found this author by reading "Finding Emma". Fell in love with the way she wrote so se
Cathy
Chocolate Reality was a nice romantic story. It was about a woman finding her strength and allowing her friends to help her. She loves chocolate and coffee and turns that into a business. Even when a certain person is treating and speaking mean to her she does not lower herself to that standard and stays with the golden rule. That worked to her favor later when that person found out the truth and apologized. I enjoyed this story and have another of Steena’s books “Finding Emma” in my to read lis ...more
Elena Aitken
Chocolate Reality is a fun and fresh read perfect when you need a little pick me up. Wynne, the main character is likeable and relate able and I found myself rooting for her from the beginning.
Full of good friends, this book is much more than a romantic story, it will make you want to pick up the phone and call a girlfriend for a chat over coffee and maybe a chocolate treat. ;)
Especially if you enjoy Christian fiction, I'd recommend Chocolate Reality as a great, quick read to escape in.
Susan Emery-O'Malley
Loved this book. The characters were real and believable. Dealt with some tough subjects in a sweet way. Doubt, fear, anger at God to name a few. Story shows that despite our failings God longs to give us the desires of our hearts if we will just trust Him.
Sherri Smith
Loved it! Just a fresh, true-to-life love story! It's a clean romance novel, which sometimes is so nice to read.
Natalie Reyes
Cute Girly book! The end leaves you wanting a sequel. :)
Sophia
Sophia added it
Mar 01, 2015
Suz
Suz marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Milfred Thecat
Milfred Thecat marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Marcia K
Marcia K marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Galathiel
Galathiel marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Farizah
Farizah is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2015
Sherri Hayes-brindley
Sherri Hayes-brindley marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Awakening Mercy
  • Running Home
  • Forty Years Later
  • Saving Bobby
  • There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
  • The Weight of Shadows
  • Perfect (Claire McCall #4)
  • Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)
  • Naomi and Her Daughters
  • The Someday List (Jubuliant Soul #1)
  • Elvis Takes a Back Seat
  • Lucky Love (Looking for Love, #1)
  • First Things First: The Rules of Being a Warner
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • Sugar Rush
  • Critical Pursuit (Critical Pursuit, #1)
  • Forgotten: Seventeen and Homeless (Secrets, #1)
  •  Deep in the Heart
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author - Steena is the author of the heart wrenching Finding Emma series and the upcoming novel Stillwater Rising.

Steena Holmes grew up in a small town in Canada and holds a Bachelors degree in Theology.

In 2012 she received the Indie Excellence Award. Holmes was inspired to write Finding Emma after experiencing a brief moment of horror when she’d thought her yo
More about Steena Holmes...
Finding Emma (Finding Emma, #1) Emma's Secret (Finding Emma, #2) The Memory Child Dear Jack (Finding Emma, #1.5) Dottie's Memories (Finding Emma, #2.5)