My Lady's Treasure

My Lady's Treasure

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The moment widowed Lady Faye Rivellaux sees the tall, commanding warrior riding toward her, she senses the danger in him—a powerful sensuality that she has never experienced before, especially not in her marriage bed. Fighting her unexpected desire, she clings to her promise to rescue the kidnapped child she loves as her own. When he demands a ransom she cannot meet, she o...more
Published September 23rd 2011 by Catherine Kean (first published April 1st 2007)

Beanbag Love
I might have given this 2.5 and rounded it up to a three if the ending hadn't been so abrupt, leaving a lot of loose ends to tie up.

I had a hard time getting into this story. The author was too coy with pertinent details about the leads' pasts. Particularly the hero's. It kept me from engaging fully with them and I never felt the urgency to get back to reading when I put the book down. I felt like it took forever to get to the end. I don't think she had to reveal all, I just think there was plen...more
Elis Madison

OK, I found this one confusing.

Let’s start with the premise: Faye Rivellaux is a penniless widow, shattered by the loss of her child through miscarriage. Her best friend was married to a fellow named Torr, and they had a daughter named Angeline. When Angeline's mum died not so long ago, she extracted Faye’s promise that she’d look after the girl. Torr allowed Faye to move into his castle, the better to make her queasy with his lustful gazes and erratic behavior.

Now Angeline has been abducted....more
Cassia
Enjoyable romance, thanks to an accurate psychological study of the main characters: Faye, Brant, Torr.
Each one of them looks for something: Brant for atonement for a dreadful murder; Torr is in search of a treasure; Faye wants a little girl safe.

The plot is quite simple, no wars, no sieges, only a domestic feud with many lies and half truths in the background. Maybe I would have been more at ease with a less abrupt finale, but the overall story deserves 3,5 stars.
Shellie Nicholson
This was a good adventure! I admired the passion in the heroine to save the child, and the courage in the hero of the book. I stayed on the edge of my seat mostly, and enjoyed seeing the story develop.
Kbee
Can't remember when I started it, put it aside for some weeks couldn't get into it though the begining looked promissing.

Ok, 2 stars is harsh so I'll go to 2.5. The story was good predictable but good anyways. Very boring at times.To many repeated musing looked like the author had a certain number of pages to get to. But rehashing things don't help to tell the story. It got interesting in the last 3 or 4 chapters.

Robin
I hated the Heroine in this story, she grated on my nerves right from the beginning, and when she finally came to her senses, which wasn't until almost the very end...well it was just too late. The Hero deserved much better early on, it didn't make any sense to me at all his continued pursuit of her. Had it had a more thorough ending, I probably would have given it a better rating, but it was just as disappointing
Vikki Vaught
This story was very disappointing. Even though, the hero had very little money and no property we were supposed to believe they would achieve an HEA. The plot had several holes in it, that pulled me out of the story, and I found myself having to re-read sentences to clarify. As much as I try to find something redeemable in every story, that didn't happen with this one.
Emily
draaaaaaaaaaag... that is the theme of this book. It took me forever to get into it and even then I was only in it enough to want to finish it so I could move on. I wouldnt even recomend this book for time pass. Just keep looking.
Ronda Blanke geiger
I liked this book. it started a little slow but built up steam. Although I figured out most of the ending before I got there. There is a twist at the end that is well worthy the wait. I enjoyed this and would recommend.
Allie
Apr 21, 2012 Allie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free today on Kindle - 4.20.12
Petula
A lovely historical romance.
LaJeana
LaJeana marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 26, 2014
Porchia
Porchia marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Barbi Davis
Barbi Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
  • Spring's Fury (The Graistan Chronicles, #3)
  • What Wild Moonlight
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family #2)
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • A Christmas Baby (Rogues Club, #4)
  • Seducing the Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #2)
  • Simon's Lady
  • Twin Passions
  • The Crimson Castle
  • Heart of a Knight
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Honor Bound
  • The Countess (Bride Quest, #4)
  • Emerald Embrace
  • China Rose
Award-winning author Catherine Kean has always loved tales of heroic knights and stubborn damsels. Her debut medieval historical romance, Dance of Desire, was the launch title of Medallion Press's Sapphire Jewel Imprint. Dance of Desire won two Reviewer’s Choice Awards, Best Medieval in industry review magazine Affaire de Coeur’s 2006 Reader-Writers’ Poll, and finaled in four contests for publishe...more
More about Catherine Kean...
A Knight's Vengeance (Knight's, #1) Medieval Rogues (Boxed Set) A Knight's Temptation (Knight's, #3) Dance of Desire A Knight's Reward (Knight's, #2)