Start by marking “The Pregnancy Test - Kejutan Istimewa” as Want to Read:
The Pregnancy Test - Kejutan Istimewa

The Pregnancy Test - Kejutan Istimewa (Sexy in NYC #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  3,782 ratings  ·  227 reviews
Hidup Mandy Keeling berubah seratus delapan puluh derajat sejak ia mengetahui kalau dirinya hamil. Ayah sang bayi memutuskan hubungan mereka dan mengatakan pada Mandy kalau dirinya tidak menginginkan anak lagi. Mandy terpaksa menjual toko mainan yang dimilikinya supaya ia bisa bekerja dengan waktu yang tidak terlalu lama dan mendapatkan tunjangan kesehatan.

Damien Sharpton,
Published March 2012 by Dastanbooks (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Pregnancy Test - Kejutan Istimewa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pregnancy Test - Kejutan Istimewa

Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4.5 "Bun In The Oven" stars!

Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Jul 06, 2009 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lighter Contemporary Romance or Erin McCarthy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
The Pregnancy Test was a generally entertaining and enjoyable read that was mostly light, sexy fun. The hero does carry a pretty big secret that is revealed in bits and pieces throughout the story and toward the end, it becomes a little weightier as he deals with issues from his past. Otherwise it is a fairly breezy tale that has a hint of a Sex and the City vibe with an underlying plot about four girlfriends who share an apartment in New York, as well as all the details
Jenn Scranton
Oh my God! She's pregnant and he can't resist her! He didn't know she was pregnant and she tells him. He wants her more than ever... and it's not his baby.

This was great!! I loved it! Definitely one of those stories where there is never a chance of that happening in real life, but hey! It was beautiful. A man seeing the beauty of creating new life regardless of DNA. Definitely a happy tears book.

Side note:
REEEEAAALLLY hot when our man stepped up to the plate and told the sperm donor to get los
I was not sure that I would like a book about a girl who gets pregnant by one guy and then ends up falling in love with someone else. This is the whole concept behind this book. However, somewhere in between is a very sweet love story between two people who are meant to be together.
Mandy is a very likable character and Damien is one sexy man. Together they create a lot of heat together. I really enjoyed this book a lot. It is going on my keeper shelf.
Once again I cannot get enough of Ms McCart
This was pretty good.

I didn't mind the heroine, wasn't too found of the "mysterious" (notice the quotes) hero. The story was a little choppy and I didn't feel any sort of attachment or curiousity about the other "NY Girlfriends" that appearently each have a book in this series.

I enthusiastically read through this book in record time, but now that I'm done I'm not suer why I read through it with such gusto.

I do think I will investigate more books by Erin McCarthy. I don't think she can hold a fl
Mandy Keeling is pregnant with another man's baby when she falls in love with her boss, Damien 'Demon' Sharpton. There was virtually no plot in the whole book and I could not wait to put it down. I would strongly recommend avoiding this selection.

I suppose I expected that this'll be a romance where the MC goes crazy cause of her hormones, starts to lust for her new boss, who initially gives her the cold shoulder, but eventually falls prey to her persistent charm. Yeah, my fault for assuming the worst. However, I'm so relieved that Mandy and Damien turn out to be quite different from my imagination, in a better way that is. The attraction between them is pretty instantaneous, but it is mostly on the hero's part rather than the heroine's,
I really don't know how I found this book but I'm really glad I did.

I have to admit, is a big Woah! the whole pregnant and falling in love with another guy concept. I know is hard to grasp, BUT is not impossible. I can tell you that this love story can happen from personal experience. And MAYBE thats the reason I liked this book so much. I can relate. My grandpa fell in love with my grandma when she was pregnant with my mom. We actually don't know the whole truth behind all of their history but

Jane Stewart
3.5 stars. Nicely done. I liked it.

A few scenes had me chuckling. Both characters are likeable. I enjoyed Mandy’s competence and efficiency at work. I loved Damien’s involvement with the pregnancy. He read more pregnancy books than she did. When she was getting an ultrasound, she asked the technician a question, but Damien gave the technical answer. A minor occurrence happens at the very end which totally surprised and delighted me. Lovely ending.

Damien is wounded from his past. He w
Mar 04, 2010 Nura rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chicklit lover
Bos yang jatuh cinta sama sekretarisnya? Udah sering denger. Perempuan hamil ditinggal cowoknya? Udah banyak. Tapi tetep aja seru baca buku ini. Cengar-cengir sendiri waktu baca sembari ngebayangin si tokoh wanitanya mirip ga, ya, sama Bridget Jones. Mungkin. Bahasanya mudah dicerna dan ceritanya cukup ringan. Pokoknya bikin terkekeh-kekeh sendirian tengah malam. I don't know if I could be that tough as Mandy does if I were her. Dia membuat keputusan sulit, menjadi mandiri dan melahirkan anak ta ...more
Mandy Keeling hamil & ben bukan saja tidak mau bertanggung jawab malah memberikan uang pada mandy agar mandy tidak lagi mengganggu ben.

mandy marah & sakit hati pada ben tapi dia tidak akan pernah menggugurkan bayinya. jika ben tidak mau bertanggung jawab maka mandy akan mengurus sendiri bayinya.
itu berarti mandy harus melepaskan toko mainannya & mencari pekerjaan yg bisa memberinya tunjangan kesehatan. pekerjaan apapun itu selama mandy tidak harus kembali & berada dalam kontrol k
Rizka F  Ryuichi Asami
Goodreads Description- Ordinarily, I'm a fan of pink-lovely colour, does smashing things for the complexion. But not when it's the bright, glaring stripe staring back at me on the pregnancy test. Then, pink is the colour of major oops, of morning sickness, of boyfriends who seemed decent but now are part of some Jerk Witness Protection Program.

Still, I've got a few things going for me-bitter humour, a divine right to eat till I'm the size of Marlon Brando, and good friends who've managed to get
Ccil Ksr
Une belle petite romance bien sympathique, avec de chouettes personnages, des notes d'humour, des moments torrides et d'autres attendrissants...un agréable moment de lecture.
This was my first attempt at full blown chick lit and most probably my last (Never say never. I might have a stroke or something to change my mind).

Some people read this and enjoy it. I don't know why though.
Pregnancy Test is just someone's wet dream turned into a book. Seriously. There's a chapter when they have sex on the bed while it's covered in biscuits and marmelade. That can't be good? Sounds even worse than sex on the beach, because of the added stickiness.
5 baby stars

Only thing I would have changed is the end. I wanted to see an Epilogue!(view spoiler)

So there were a few places in this book that I could help but bust out laughing. It was just too hilarious. I will enclose some hilarious quotes for you.

So Mandy is a Sassy Brit who gets knocked up by a loser boyfriend. It completely turns her life upside down. She decided to start being re
Puji P. Rahayu
The Pregnancy Test (Kejutan Istimewa)

1 of 5 stars
NY Girlfriend Series #1
Penulis : Erin McCarthy
Penerbit : Dastan Books
ISBN : 9786029267310

Snigdha Prakash
3.5 stars...
A wonderful and amazing book and not at all cliche`
It was wonderful and amazing to see the love and understanding between the two protagonists.
Not unnecessary drama and misunderstanding, which is always a plus.
And the baby love was just super cool.
So all in all..loved it.
It's actually 4,5 stars, I really loved this book, it was very funny and entertaning and one hopes to find a good (and handsome :)) man like Damien, but somehow something is missing I can't say what exactly.. (that's why I actually haven't given this book 5 full stars).
Mahareni Maldini
Ah...gak bisa suka sm Mandy. Mungkin karena hamil sm laki2 lain, n mungkin karena dia tipe cewek yg aktip secara seksual (aku lebih suka tipe yg malu2). Temen2 ceweknya malah lebih nyenengin.

Kok banyak bed scene-nya yaaaaaa, smp bosen+gak sabar bacanya.
This is one of the funniest books I've read in a really long time. Erin McCarthy is now one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. Truly all of her books are good, even her earlier ones!
C'est mignon tout pleins, un petit conte de fée moderne avec assez d'humour et de passion pour passer un excellent moment ! Un bon bol d'air frais et ça fait du bien :D
Courtney Duncan
This book was fine. It just wasn't for me. If you are into gratuitous sex, then you will LOVE it. I would have loved it in middle school, for the masturbatory value alone. However, I am past that stage, and to be honest with you, I am no prude, by ANY definition of the word, I am just way past the point where long, drawn out sex scenes do anything for me. I liked the characters. The story is tied up nicely. I just think I am at a point, personally, where I want more story, less sex. On the posit ...more
Laura Carson
Fun, light, humorus, feel good read with great characters that you will love to get to know.
Mary Jancsek
I loved this book so much more than I thought I would. The synopsis was enough to grab my attention and I fell in love with the characters immediately. I applaud Mandy and her courage to get a job to support a baby that was a surprise and after being dumped by the father. I love Damien and the way he loves both Mandy and her baby even though he is not the biological father he is still looking put for Mandy and the baby from the moment he finds out and he loves that child as if she were his own a ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4 stars ...more
Amber Brownlow
The first time I read this book it was my first time reading a story by Erin McCarthy. At the time, I loved the book and reading it a second time was no different. It continues to be my favorite work by McCarthy! She did an amazing job creating two main characters that you can't help but fall in love with. Mandy is so sweet and you can't help but love both her and Damien and root for them all the way! Absolutely a great read and an amazing author. You should definately check out Erin McCarthy's ...more
Danielle Taylor
Mandy is pregnant and alone, so she sells her Toy Store and goes on an interview for a job with benefits and regular hours. In an elevator on the way to the interview she is suffering from morning sickness and blurts out to the gorgeous man in the elevator that she's on her way to an interview with an ogre. It of course turns out to be the man she is interviewing with, Damien Sharpton. He hires her as his assistant, and she hides from him for the first two months, working through instant messagi ...more
Quote 1 12 Aug 23, 2013 12:44PM
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2)
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)
  • The Kept Woman
  • Black Ties and Lullabies (Playboys, #3)
  • Dressed to Slay (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #1)
  • The Real Deal
  • Get A Clue
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
  • Accidentally Yours
  • Cutting Loose (Sisterhood Diaries, #1)
  • Lola Carlyle Reveals All
  • The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...

Sexy in NYC (3 books)
  • You Don't Know Jack (Sexy in NYC, #2)
  • How to Get Lucky (Sexy in NYC #3)
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) True (True Believers, #1) High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

“Love, no matter how it’s expressed, is still love. We all have flaws, and so our love will be flawed. But that doesn’t diminish it.” 100 likes
“Scars fade with time. And the ones that never go away, well, they build character, maturity, caution.” 95 likes