Start by marking “Night Play (Permainan Cinta)” as Want to Read:
Night Play (Permainan Cinta)

Night Play (Were-Hunter #1)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  36,245 ratings  ·  1,080 reviews
Bride McTierney baru saja dicampakkan oleh pacarnya karena ia tidak mau menuruti saran pacarnya itu untuk menurunkan berat badan. Selama ini, Bride tidak pernah merasa percaya diri dengan penampilannya, apalagi ditambah dengan penghinaan semacam itu. Hati dan harga diri Bride semakin terpuruk, sampai Vane melangkah masuk ke kehidupannya.

Vane Kattalakis adalah seorang Were-
Published October 11th 2011 by Dastan Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Night Play, please sign up.

Jade Evans I was looking for something new, and it brought me here. I'm not sure what you've read, or the style you like, but the Void City novels are superb.…moreI was looking for something new, and it brought me here. I'm not sure what you've read, or the style you like, but the Void City novels are superb. They're my go-to recommendation.
(less)

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Well, all I can see about this book is how everyone loved it. I guess my expectations were high because of that, and for me, the book didn't deliver  photo shame.gif

I know most PNR come with insta-love, and I am prepared for it, but here, I just didn't buy the whole thing at all. Maybe it was because it wasn't insta-love, but insta-lust (as it also usually is), but the characters meet and have sex in the same scene (the first 10% of the book  photo 798186.gif )
That killed the book for me, and the other 90% I just got through
Zeek
What makes Night Play a cut above the rest in the Dark Hunter seris, is the fact that it's totally character driven. (For me, it's always about the character.) I adored the heroine, Bride. She's a real woman and her feelings are so well expressed (by showing not telling,) SK hits dead on with this one.

The book starts out with Bride being dumped by her selfish boyfriend of 5 yrs. Not five minutes after she received her dumping papers, via HER OWN fedex account no less- we meet the hero who swoops
Julianna
Sep 27, 2010 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance, Werewolves, the Dark-Hunter Series, Sherrilyn Keyon
THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" The Dark-Hunter series has had some ups and downs for me, but I have to say that I'm glad that I have continued with it or I would have missed out on some wonderful stories. When Sherrilyn Kenyon is “up”, she can write a very good story, and Night Play was definitely an “up” book for me. It had the swoon-worthy romance that I've loved in some of Ms. Kenyon's other books, lots of fun and interesting characters, and a good plot. Night Play picks up the narrative of Were-Hunt
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Night Play was a wonderful read for me, its my #1 favorite book so far in this series. I know I have many more to read, so I will definitely have more that I will love just the same,but for now this book is on my top favorites.

Vane & Brides story was utterly amazing! I thought they were a,one of a kind couple.Were-Wolf and a Human,its obvious right from the start neither one of them are perfect, yet they manage to stick together through the evil and goodness in their relationship and make it
Vilda
"So long as he had breath in his body, no one would ever hurt anyone Vane cared for again. And he would bring death to anyone who ever tried."

Wow. Wowowow. How do I even start this? I wish I could get all of my feelings down in words! I absolutely loved Night Play and it was apparently exactly what I needed after a minor reading slump thanks to all the uni literature. Gosh, it was fantastic! I never realized just how much I missed this world with all of its wonderful characters before now.

I wa
Miss Kim
Sep 15, 2008 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark Hunter lovers
Vane is a Katagaria Were-hunter. He was born a wolf, and lived his life as one until puberty hit and he was suddenly transformed in to a man. Bride McTierny is a woman who has just been dumped by her boyfriend of 5 years. She is self conscious about her looks because she is heavier than the average woman.

Vane had seen Bride a few weeks back, when she stopped by Sunshine Runningwolf's art stand in New Orleans. He was totally taken by her. Sunshine had told him she would introduce them, but he tol
Marta
5 stars despite Ash doing the Macarena!! But that’s what I love about Kenyon’s Dark Hunter world…her ability to mix humor in with their tortured tales. She also has a talent at making some swoon worthy heroes, of which, Vane did not disappoint!
Carmen
Nov 04, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Shelves: fiction, romance
5 ROMANCE STARS! Yay! A most excellent romance. :)
...

Let's see if I can sum this up for people who do not know Kenyon's world: werewolf named Vane with a death sentence on his head falls in love with a beautiful fat woman named Bride. :)

Very cute, very sweet, full of kissing. :) So amazing of a book. 5-star romance.
...

Just that sometimes we let other people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts when you know that no matter how m
Jacqueline
Nov 30, 2014 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a different take on the paranormal world.
Recommended to Jacqueline by: No one, but the series was recommended to me by a kind Barns-And
Shelves: author-sherrilyn-kenyon, series-dark-hunter, classified-series, genre-romance-paranormal, trope-big-misunderstanding, trope-courtship-dance, trope-fairy-tale-ugly-duckling, trope-forbidden-love, trope-hero-alpha, trope-hero-across-the-tracks, trope-hero-beta, trope-hero-deformity-scars-disabled, trope-hero-ethnic-flavor, trope-hero-fallen, trope-hero-feels-inferior, trope-hero-in-deception, trope-hero-in-disguise, trope-hero-in-pursuit, trope-hero-introverted, trope-hero-job-warrior, trope-hero-job-self-made, trope-hero-knight-in-shining-armor, trope-hero-misfit, trope-hero-jealous-protective, trope-hero-recluse, trope-hero-smitten-with-heroine, trope-hero-tortured, trope-heroine-extroverted, trope-heroine-job-owned-business, trope-heroine-misfit, trope-heroine-plain-or-ugly, trope-heroine-plus-sized, trope-heroine-prim-and-proper, trope-heroine-scorned, trope-heroine-tortured, trope-heroine-wallflower, trope-heroine-working-class, trope-hilarity-within, trope-in-deception, trope-jealousy-runs-amok, trope-lessons-in-love, trope-lost-heir, trope-mistaken-or-hidden-identity, trope-not-your-usual-conflict, trope-older-man-younger-woman, trope-opposites-attract, trope-perfect-banter, trope-pnr-adventure, trope-pnr-dark-and-dark-forces, trope-pnr-demons, trope-pnr-fated-to-be-mated, trope-pnr-hero-beast-shifter, trope-pnr-hero-cursed, trope-pnr-hero-nonhuman, trope-pnr-hero-warlock, trope-pnr-heroine-human, trope-pnr-heroine-saves-the-day, trope-pnr-human-other-pairing, trope-pnr-magic-or-occult, trope-pnr-nonhumans, trope-pnr-shifters, trope-pnr-vampires, trope-revenge-plot, trope-second-chance-together, trope-shhh-its-a-secret, trope-siblings-or-family-within, classified-five-stars
Read: January 2, 2014 - January 8, 2014
Read: March 22, 2010 - March 23, 2010
Read: January 22, 2009
Read: December 2008
Read: April 2007
Read: August 3, 2005

You know that particular (show/book/movie/character/actor/song/etc.) that people are always going on about, the one that accumulates so many fan-girl screams that Helen Keller herself could hear the piercing level of awesomeness? You're inevitably thinking, "This (insert relevant item here) can't POSSIBLY be that damn great!" Well, you're wrong.
Tilly Slaton
Night Play is the Dark-Hunter story of Vane and Bride.

This is one of my favorite stories in this series. Their relationship is inspiring and I found myself holding my breath as I read through wonderfully intimate (sexual and non-sexual) scenes.

Vane is a wolf. The whole story behind him is a bit complex so I will leave well enough alone! He’s a wolf. He’s a man. He’s sexy. Bottom line. Betrayed by their father, Vane and Fang are left hanging from a tree. If the alligators don’t get them, the Daim
Louise
My first ever DH book, I can't believe it:) it feels like... well last year haha, way back when I don't know there's a Goodreads site...happy memories:)

There's so much information on who, what, where and how these characters came from especially the Hero, but it was explained in every detailed in the beginning,which got me interested in the first place. So...I won't going to tackle that anymore but I'll make some rambling thoughts about the Hero and Heroine and also why I love this book!:)

I love
Ravioli Rachel
Not my favorite of the Dark-Hunter Series so far... however I still enjoyed it immensely!

Quick Recap -

Things I loved

1. Simi, she is awesome. I. Love. Her. Her lines are the best in the series.

2. When Vane puts Bride's ex-boyfriend Taylor in his place, not once but TWICE! Take that you douche-canoe!!!

3. My jalapeno green nails (okay so that has nothing to do with the series, but I keep staring at them while I'm typing... they are awesome)

Napolean
Napolean lurvs the Dark-Hunter Series

Onward, to the next
Julie
Vane. That is one name that often comes up when I mention to people that I am reading Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series. “Oh that Vane, he’s so hot!”, “Oh that Vane, he’s so dreamy!”, “Oh that Vane, he can take me up against a tree and growl in my ear any day!” Ooookay then… So, after hearing that, I was quite excited to finally be reading about the infamous Vane Kattalakis, the wolf man, in “Night Play”.

It was nice to step away from the “vampire” Dark-Hunter world and explore the shape shif
Myvampfiction
review by Meesh

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

Tastes change a lot as a woman ages. When we're young and reckless, lots of us look at just the outer package. We want the flash. We want sexy and successful. A lot of young women will ignore a lot of very bad habits in men if they're good looking enough, drive a great car (or in my case, motorcycle), or have enough money. Then we grow up, which a lot of us feel is a very good thing. But what isn't good is the impetus for maturing.

Let me be a lit
JenJenBoBin
"FIVE BIG PHAT ONES BABY!!!"

As if there was any doubt? Vane is my new favorite... loooooove him totally awesome and hawt hawt hawt!!!! I adore Bride too so sweet and caring and I love that Sherrilyn Kenyon made a "full figured chick" into a human heroine that can kick her "Immortal" Mother in Law's ass!!!! That rocked!!! As always i loved Simi's cameos ... she is da bomb little demon!!

Just loved this one... totally going on my favorites shelf!! <3
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Uhuuyyy.. Kelar euuyyy... duh.. baca ini kenapa jadi penasaran sama Valerius yah??

*lirik-lirik oma Lely* ...

tp.. buat yang mencari Serigala Romantis... Vane lah orangnya.. hahhaha

Mari kita bercerita sedikit...

Bride,, Pemilik Salah satu butik di New Orleans.. Seorang wanita yang merasa dirinya tidak menarik sampai akhirnya dy bertemu dengan...

Vane Kattalakis,, Seorang Were-Hunter yg tanpa disadarinya telah jatuh cinta pada pandangan pertama saat pertama kali dy melihat Bride di depan kios Sun
Exina
"There's something inside you that scares me, Vane. Are you sure you're normal?"

Vane looked so promising in the previous books, but I’m disappointed by his character now.
I understand his unwillingness to force Bride into anything, as the "Claiming can never be forced on a female", but his doubts and uncertanties are exaggerated.
I like his magical powers: they are said to be unique and superlative, but sadly there is no real action in the story where he can actually show how powerful he is. H
Laura the Highland Hussy
This was a great story about a girl who gets dumped by her "perfect" boyfriend...who kept trying to change her, make her lose weight, or was just embarrassed to be seen in public with her.
When he dumps her, her self-esteem is at an all-time low, and Vane, a werewolf. He saw her in Talon and Sunshine's book, and wanted her then, but instead he left the human alone. Well, he runs into her as she is nursing her broken heart, and they have a steamy one-night stand. But it turns out Bride is his des
AJ
I have, literally, just put this book down and I can’t wipe the grin from my face! I absolutely loved it!! My first ‘Were-Hunter’ book of the series, and I am completely smitten!

Vane is a werewolf who we met earlier in the series. When we first see him in this book, the final events of Night Embrace have just played out - his sister has just died and he and his brother, Fang, have been left for dead. Flash forward eight months later and his life is shit. He is grieving and very much alone, and
UKSandy
I am just loving the Dark Hunters.

Vane is wonderful and sexy as hell!!! Again, I laughed out loud reading this book, it was extremely sexy in parts and again a great story. So glad I started this series!
Jessica Florence
I like Bride and Vane, the story was cute. I got a little tired of Bride self confidence issues but that is real life I guess. Other wise it was good :)
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
The fifth book in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series, "Night Play" was a romantic, sexy, fun-filled journey into the realm of the Were-Hunters, an animal species in the Dark Hunter realm.

Bride McTierney has just had the worst day after her boyfriend of two years breaks up with her via FedEx mail, she has no where to live, and her life, in general, is not all it is cracked up to be. Of course, when a sexy, tender stranger comes into her store, gives her the best afternoon of her life, and off
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I must have screwed up the order of this series because I’ve read the ones after this but found that I had missed this one! It drove me nuts when I found out so I decided to read it right away and boy was I glad that I did. Vane is sex on a stick! It’s really no wonder why Suzanne (and others) have already claimed him for their harems. He’s a dream!
Of course, the best thing about this book is the fact that he loves bigger women. Bride isn’t comfortable about her appeara
Darcy
I really liked this one, but it didn’t seem like there was much conflict other than the parental issue. All of a sudden I was listening to the epilogue and it seemed like more should have been going on. With that said there was so much that loved, the big Thanksgiving dinner at Sanctuary, being the best. All the events that happened that were great, among them Simi and her actions. Simi and her craziness is one of my favorite parts of this series. I loved how Bride came to some great realization ...more
Genney Blass
4.5 stars. This was very intersting from the beginning to the end. Vane deliciously mysterious, sexy Alpha Male. So much suffering he went through when he was young, him and his brother and sister. This book had a little of everything, suspense, action, romance, comedy. What more can you ask for. I must admit, I have never read books from Ms. Kenyon, the first one was very good. Now this one, very impressive, I think I will continue to read a little more her books. My Favorite Characters in this ...more
Steph
I honestly don't even know where to start, to describe why I loved this book as much as I did! But I'll give it a go...
From the very beginning, even in the first few pages, is one of my favourite scene in DH history... the swamp scene! It's brilliant. I love Fang and Vanes Banter. Fang just doesn't know when to shut his mouth, and he usually starts babbling in the most dire situations. It's hilarious.
Bride, in my opinion, is one of the best heroines in this entire series. She is smart, sexy a
Joana
"Jogos da Noite" é protagonizado por Vane, um Predador do Homem e por Bride, uma humana, e ambos são já nossos conhecidos por intermédio do livro de Talon e Sunshine.
Após perder a irmã Anya pelas mãos dos daemon, Vane e o seu irmão Fang são expulsos da sua matilha, pelo próprio pai que os odeia, espancados e deixados para morrer, mas Vane não é um lobo qualquer, e os seus poderes são mais fortes do que muitos possam imaginar, embora não consiga evitar o ataque dos daemon a Fang, que acaba por fi
Leah
I really liked this book and the story that was apart of it. I really loved Vane, Fang, and Fury. Bride was pretty awesome, too. The only thing I thought was odd was that Vane and Bride have sex practically the moment they meet. I understand it's necessary for the whole mating mark thing, but it just seemed a little weird to me. I felt bad for Fang; it made me so sad, and I smiled like a fool when he woke up at the end. I was surprised to find that Fury was Vane and Fang's brother, especially be ...more
Kathleen
A chubby heroine, size 18 no less. And she's an absolute goddess in Vane's eyes. Now that's what I like. Fun and sexy paranormal, with a hero who deserves a very happy ever after. No gross language is a bonus. No crude feminine anatomy terms, no religious profanity, and hardly any swearing. Good suspense. Good pace. Love the white timber wolf /man Vane, and his brothers Fang and Fury.
It's a series opener, but also falls in the middle of a larger set of books.
Great narration, too — Fred Berman.
P.Z.
... นี่เป็นนิยายที่โลกสวย(มาก) ในชุด 'พรานราตรี' ที่เราไม่เคยคิดว่าจะเจอ เนื่องจากเอกลักษณ์ของพรานราตรี คือปมอดีตของพระเอกแต่ละเล่มที่ระทมทุกข์อย่างแสนสาหัส รวมถึงต้องต่อสู้อย่างสาหัสในยุคปัจจุบันเพื่อให้ได้ผู้หญิงของพวกเขามาครอง แต่ไม่ใช่สำหรับเล่มนี้แน่นอน 'มายาราตรี' คือนิยายโลกสวย เนื้อเรื่องไหลไปตามสูตรสำเร็จของนิยายแนวนี้จนกระทั่งจบเรื่อง...

ไบรด์คือหญิงสาวโชคร้ายที่เพิ่งโดนแฟนของหล่อนบอกเลิกมาหมาดๆ ทันทีที่เวน หมาป่าหนุ่มแห่งฝูงคาตากาเรียเดินเข้าไปในร้านของหล่อน ไบรด์ก็เกิดความปราถนาในตัวข
SHIFTER LOVE: June 2014 Moon Read - Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon 11 17 Jun 10, 2014 10:10AM
Kenyons Minions: Night Play BOTM 60 58 Jun 02, 2014 09:25AM
Characters you want to kiiiiiiill 95 257 Sep 08, 2013 02:18PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 6 Night Play (Mar 16 to 31) 41 17 Apr 16, 2013 12:18AM
Order of Series 3 30 Dec 07, 2008 01:36PM
Kenyon Minions 1 20 Feb 11, 2008 08:51AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)
  • Dark Demon (Dark, #16)
  • Vampires Are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Were-Hunter (9 books)
  • Unleash the Night (Were-Hunter #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #7, Were-Hunter #3)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Were-Hunter, #4)
  • No Mercy (Were-Hunter, #5)
  • The Guardian (Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6)
  • Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #11)
  • Son of No One (Hellchasers, #6; Dark-Hunter, #13)
  • Dragonbane (Hellchaser, #7; Dark Hunter #24)
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)

“I think infatuation is like a garden. If tended and cared for, it grows into love. If neglected or abused it dies. The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.
-Vane”
291 likes
“Life is gamble, It's harsh and painful most of the time, and it's not for the timid. Spoils go to the victor, not to the one who doesn't even show up for the battle."

-Acheron”