Start by marking “Deadly Harvest - Ladang Mematikan (Flynn Brothers #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Harvest - Ladang Mematikan (Flynn Brothers #2)

Deadly Harvest - Ladang Mematikan (Flynn Brothers #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3,468 ratings  ·  185 reviews
Ketika mayat wanita muda ditemukan di ladang, didandani mirip orang-orangan sawah, penduduk Salem, Massachusetts, mulai takut dengan kebangkitan sang Pemanen, makhluk jahat dalam mitos lokal. Tapi Jeremy Flynn, mantan polisi yang kini berprofesi sebagai detektif swasta, tidak punya waktu untuk cerita hantu. Dia berada di kota ini untuk mencari istri temannya yang menghilan ...more
Published November 2011 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Harvest - Ladang Mematikan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Harvest - Ladang Mematikan

Private investigator and ex-cop Jeremy Flynn goes to Salem, Massachusetts, to help his former partner and friend, Brad, whose wife has mysteriously gone missing. Brad and his wife were vacationing in Salem and visiting one of the historic cemeteries when she disappeared without a trace. Also helping out is Rowenna Cavanaugh who is an acquaintance of Jeremy. She doesn't consider herself a psychic, yet she sometimes feels and knows certain things that can't be explained, and she has proved useful ...more
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Perfect read if you want to get in the Halloween mood! The story is based in Salem Mass which made me want to travel there one day even more than I already did to see where the Witchcraft Trials took place in. This story has a mixture of legend folklore and ghosts & of course cornfields which are creepy. Why? Hello do you remember Children of the Corn?!!! They live in those fields! I didn't feel like I missed anything in not reading the other books in the trilogy. Highly recommended for Hall ...more
The only reason it took me so long to finish it, is because I didn't have time to actually "read" a book lately...
The heroine of this book, Rowenna, is described as a "stunning woman. Her hair was nearly pitch-black, her eyes strikingly amber. ... Amber, like gold, and shaded by ridiculously thick lashes. She was both tall and slim, but curved in every place where a woman should have curves." O RLY, Heather Graham? Just this once, you couldn't skip the boobs and hips and make her tall, thin, gawky, and lanky? If all of your book's heroines have bodies like this, why don't they make sensible career choices l ...more
A legend/myth brought to life by a madman…

Jeremy Flynn, a serious man who doesn’t believe in what he can’t see or touch, is a private investigator with his brothers’ firm. The middle brother, he was once a police diver but quit when the last straw was when a drunk foster father drove the family into the river, drowning everyone inside. Jeremy had rescued Billy, who had been still alive when found, but pronounced at the hospital DOA. The foster children had all been tied in the back of the van; n
Randy Daugherty
Rowenna Cavanaugh believes that there are things that go beyond what can be proven, though not saying there are ghost she is open to the possibility. Jeremy Flynn is a former police diver,currently he works along side his brothers running a private investigation company, he believes in what can be proven hard and solid.
While many believe there are sparks between the two neither will admit to an attraction to the other, Jeremy firmly believing that Rowenna is someone he needs to stay away from.Wh
I've read a number of Graham's books before and I've never been this disappointed. First, as a "trilogy" ... well, it's not. The only thing tying this to the first book is that the characters have brothers -- but that's so peripheral to the story. This book was formulaic, the characters were two-dimensional (if we were lucky), and full of the "tell, don't show" style of writing. I'm disgruntled enough I might not pick up the third book.
Oct 20, 2011 Sherry rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantic suspense/paranormal
Shelves: audio-books
Heather Graham so far has a double play with "Deadly Night" and "Deadly Harvest", I loved the subtle play with the paranormal during the plot line filled with suspense and mystery. I can't wait till I read "Deadly Gift", (which I get a copy of tomorrow). If the third installment lives up to the first 2, Heather Graham will have reached that pinnacle of praises, it will end up on my re-read shelf which only the best of the best goes! :)
*Mild Spoilers*

I didn't find out until after I was about half way through, that this was the second book in a trilogy. However, you do not need to read the first book to be able to read and enjoy this one.

Brad's wife goes missing while they are in Salem, Massachusettes, trying to repair their marriage, enjoying the Halloween festivities. Of course, he is the first suspect.

Brad's old partner, Jeremy, from the police force, who is now a private investigator with his two brothers jumps on a plane t
This book was very much like the first one in the trilogy. Different characters, different location but same 'formula'. Hope the 3rd is better.
I didn't find it up to her usual standard, guessing the identity of the "Big Bad" at first appearance.
Private Investigator Jeremy Flynn is contacted by his former partner, Brad Johnstone, when Brad's wife mysteriously disappears from a cemetery in Salem, MA. When Jeremy arrives he finds Brad is a suspect in his wife's disappearance, and local resident Rowenna Cavanaugh believes someone may be impersonating the Harvest Man. Soon Rowenna and Jeremy discover a body hung in a cornfield like a scarecrow, and they're afraid that Mary Johnstone may have been taken by the same killer.

This is the second
Jeremy Flynn is a private investigator who is trying to locate his friend Brad's missing wife. Jeremy is a skeptic who refuses to believe in anything paranormal despite his being shadowed by the ghost of Billy, the young child whose death caused him to leave his job as a police diver when he pulled Billy out of the river too late to save him.
Rowena Cavanaugh doesn't see herself as a psychic. She says she just puts herself in the shoes of the victim and can then give probabilities for what happe
A little predictable, but some clever aspects, and wonderful characters with plenty of excitement made for a good read!

Just after Halloween, a woman is found dead in a cornfield, made to look like a scarecrow with a slashed grin and a broken neck. When another woman goes missing just steps away from her husband, who's now crazed with panic, and the local police think he's the prime suspect, he calls on his friend, former police diver Jeremy Flynn for help finding his wife.

But this is Salem, Mass
Jeremy Flynn is in Salem, Massachusetts trying to help an old friend, Brad, find his wife, Mary, who has disappeared. He is joined in his search by Rowenna Cavannaugh, a native of Salem who occasionally aids local law enforcement with her psychic visions. Although Jeremy doesn't believe in Rowenna's visions, he is strongly attracted to her, and together they work to unravel the legend of the "Harvest Man", a serial killer who has visited Salem before and may have something to do with Mary's deat ...more
Another adventure in the Flynn Brothers trilogy that is very intriguing and involved. The story starts in what appears to be one of Heather Graham's favourite spots - New Orleans - but then moves off to 'witch country' - Salem, Massachusetts - both known as very (spiritually) versatile places. However, that is only the setting.
As always, Heather spins an interesting web of 'whodunnit' from beginning to end and includes so many possible suspects and leads - essentially Red Herrings - that the cul
Aurian Booklover
These books get creepier and creepier! This killer sure is something else. I read this story in little bits and pieces at a time, to avoid nightmares. But it sure was good!
The formula was the same though, as the other books I have read. A woman with paranormal abilities who denies it, and a man who refuses to believe in anything paranormal, even though he has a touch of it himself as well, but that is just “good instincts”.
Jeremy Flynn is a former police diver, who quit his job after a horribl
I spent some time deliberating how many stars give to this book, I was either 3 or 4 stars; I decided to give 3 stars, based on comparison with the first one. It is the second installment of the Flynn Brothers trilogy. It it would have been the first one in the series I'm not quite sure I would have read the other books (since I have a soft spot for Heather Graham I might have anyway though! lol!)

The first book of the trilogy was way stronger on the paranormal side, I could feel the warm breeze
I have always been the girl who loved movies and books that scared me. This book freaked me out. Maybe because I live in a small community where there are lots of corn fields or maybe due to the many many many times I have wondered through corn mazes completely lost. I dont know. I do know that I may never be able to drive by a corn field again with out my heart racing.
I really wanted to like this series. The first one had some of its own issues, but when I cracked this one open in hopes that maybe it would improve, I was seriously disappointed.

Half of the problem is editing. There are grammatical errors and typos galore! I also found with this book that I would be reading along, and the perspective would change. No warning, no break in the text, nothing. It would go from Rowenna to Jeremy, and I would have to backtrack my reading to figure out what he/she wa
Gevera Bert
Heather Graham follows Nora Robert's successful formula of writing a trilogy of books, about 3 brothers, with supernatural elements. Felt like I was reading Nora Roberts. Plots of all 3 books feel contrived and forced; characters are interchangeable.
As many of you know, Heather Graham also writes as Shannon Drake. For those of you who unfamiliar, she has written historical romance and a series of vampire books, more in keeping with her Heather Graham style; not a Stephanie Meyer type vampire.
With that being said, my problem with this book is that is a rewrite of the Awakening. The fifth in her vampire series, as Shannon Drake; very disappointing!
She reworked some of the characters and tweaked the theme, but the book even ends with same tw
Elizabeth Petrie
Many peoples say that the past is doomed to repeat itself and that what this book circles around. There is a local legend about the Harvest Man killing young women just so the crops will be good and he will become the devil himself. With the story being set in today, Rowena and Jeremy travel back to Salem when a friend's wife disappears. They work together to uncover this mystery while battling their own nightmares and attraction for each other.

I found this book to keep me guessing, which I love
Sandi Willis
I am a new reader to thrillers/suspense novels and let me say that when I was listening/reading this book I heard a lot of noises in my house that I don't normally hear. For some it may not be a thriller but I sure thought it was suspenseful and more than once I was worried about the characters. I did figure out who Damien was before it was revealed but I didn't know how or why he did it what he did. I liked the characters and I enjoyed the way that Phil Gigante reads the book! He really makes t ...more
I was hoping that book 2 in the Flynn Brothers trilogy would have more connection to book 1 but it is only vaguely tangential. However, the fact that it takes place in Salem (I'm from Boston) gave me nice warm fuzzies. When private investigator Jeremy Flynn goes to Salem to investigate the disappearance of his former cop-partner's wife, well, isn't it always the husband? But in this case, maybe not. There are local legends about a Harvest Man, legends that go back centuries. But Flynn doesn't be ...more
"When a young woman is found dead in a field, dressed up as a scarecrow with a slashed grin and a broken neck, the residents of Salem, Massachusetts begin to fear that the infamous Harvest Man is more than just a rumor. But out-of-town cop Jeremy Flynn doesn’t have time for ghost stories. He’s in town on another investigation, looking for a friend’s wife, who mysteriously vanished in a cemetery.

Complicating his efforts is local occult expert Rowenna Cavanaugh, who launches her own investigation,
Cindy Bidwell
Is the supernatural realm real? Many of her Heather Graham’s characters in Deadly Harvest whilst generally open to the possibility of supernatural phenomenon don’t really believe that it is very probable. A lot of their decisions and discoveries seem to be made with supernatural involvement, but each character’s level of skepticism leads you to believe that there could be are other more plausible explanations.

Heather Graham uses this balance between the supernatural and the mundane is quite eff
I very much enjoyed this book, so much so, that every time I tried to put it down yesterday, I found myself picking it back up again in a matter of moments. It was nicely creepy, with just the right amount of romance and nice characters.

I did figure out one aspect of the mystery early on, but the author still managed to surprise me with another aspect. And I know that vague, but I don't feel like using spoiler tags right now.

One thing that was a little jarring was the fact that the author tended
Liz at Fictional Candy
I liked this book more than the first book, Deadly Night. I felt the action was pumped up, the drama was pumped up. I liked the characters more.

Jeremy Flynn, the middle Flynn brother, has come up to MA to help his friend and ex-partner find his missing wife. While there he and the woman he swore to himself that he should stay away from, Rowenna, become involved in an investigation on a larger scale than they had initially expected.

The female lead, Rowenna, who may or may not be psychic. That wa
  • Deep Midnight (Vampire #3)
  • Scent of Roses (Paranormal Series II, #1)
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)
  • Out of Mind (Court of Angels, #2)
  • Tempting Evil (Prison Break Trilogy, #2)
  • Tempting Fate
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Watch Me (Last Stand Series, #3)
  • Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #3)
  • At the Edge (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Flynn Brothers (3 books)
  • Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1)
  • Deadly Gift (Flynn Brothers, #3)