Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love: 101 Stories Celebrating Special Times with Family and Friends... and Recipes Too!” as Want to Read:

Food is an expression love – both the romantic kind of love and the comforting kind of love between family and friends. With its savory, sweet, and sometimes spicy stories, this book will stir up memories, sprinkle in laughs, and warm hearts of readers.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love will stir up those delectable feelings and memories that certain aromas and taste
Published November 22nd 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Zulfiya
Dec 26, 2014 Zulfiya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First off, I have a small version of the bigger anthology that was given to me as a part of the gift - soup bowls and a pack of soup. I have not tried the soup as I usually prefer to make mine from scratch, but the bowls are very useful and attractive, and I will possibly use them quite often.
The other thing of the gift set is a book. The idea is great, and I know that there are a number of thematic editions. I used the ISBN to find the one I have, and the GR site took me to this edition with t
Sally Andrews
Jan 11, 2017 Sally Andrews rated it it was amazing
Always sweet and inspiring, Chicken Soup for the Soul books!
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jun 21, 2012 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it it was amazing
I always reach for a book from this series when I am feeling my lowest. Yes, I have bad days like everyone else, and these stories always pick me up. It doesn't even have to be relevant to my situation, it's just nice hearing inspirational stories of strength, faith, love, respect and perseverance.
Food and Love didn't disappoint either. The best part is, the food lover in me got recipes! And you know I had to pick one to try. Tonight we tried the Cauliflower in Spicy Tomato Sauce.
MMM...
It accomp
Dayana
Jun 23, 2012 Dayana rated it really liked it
Lo primero que se me viene a la mente cuando pienso en este título es en el buen humor. La comida a casi todos nos pone de buen ánimo, como si al cerrar los ojos y pensar en los olores de las cosas ricas ya nos alegrara ese momento.

El libro trae sus clásicas 101 historias divididas en 10 capítulos y además aporta para el acervo culinario de sus lectores 23 recetas.

Las historias más emotivas son las que hablaban de la permanencia de los seres queridos muertos a través de las recetas tradicionales
Lenore Webb
Feb 26, 2012 Lenore Webb rated it it was amazing
With my new coffee set coming, I have been getting ready. I started by digging in my Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love. This is great. Short lil stories and recipes too! I am all there. I adore the story about Love and Lattes. All about how when this couple started out with lil of nothing (as we all do), he would rise in the morning and take great pride in making the lattes for them to enjoy. Of course life goes on and lattes become coffee in the pot. And kids take up our time for enjoyi ...more
Kiann Sakach
Mar 04, 2015 Kiann Sakach rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10th-grade
I loved this book, I love how it's stories of people and their personal experiences with food or a certain recipe. Along with that they sometimes talk about cooking with family members and that's what i relate to since me and my Grandma love to cook so much that's all we do when we're together. It's something that everyone in my family can do also, giving us all something to do together. Some stories in the book even give the recipe to go with it which makes it more special to me cause if I ever ...more
Kristin
Jun 08, 2014 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Chicken Soup books, and this one reminded me of my mom and her love of cooking shows etc. Although we didn't cook a whole lot together, we enjoyed watching cooking shows and fantasizing about what we could do if we were so motivated. While the visual was missing from this book, I still felt much the same reading these stories as I did watching cooking shows with her and think she would have liked it.
Some of the recipes sound interesting, and I think I'd be more likely to try out the well
Megan
Oct 01, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
A good collection for anyone who enjoys the Chicken Soup for the Soul series - the food angle lends itself to a nice assortment of tones, which provides some variety. For whatever reason, though, a lot of the best stories were at the end in the dessert section - maybe the whole book should have been categorized by type of food rather than occasion! But I loved the inclusion of some recipes where appropriate - I think this would make a great series from Chicken Soup for the Soul.

By the way - I w
Sheila Kanja
Oct 17, 2016 Sheila Kanja rated it it was amazing
I first read Chicken Soup for the Soul about 14 years ago and fell in love with the stories. It always brought me comfort reading different topics. This book is a bonus for me. I love reading, I love cooking and I love eating. All 3 in one book with the recipes!
Christie
Apr 10, 2014 Christie rated it really liked it
I have a story and recipe in this book! It's entitled, "For the Love of Jell-O" about my mom's preservation efforts for her favorite Jell-O recipe.
Stephanie Davenport
Stephanie Davenport rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
Sylvia Pedley
Sylvia Pedley rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Debbie Brown
Debbie Brown rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2013
Ashaley Lenora
Ashaley Lenora rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Maan Tribujeña
Maan Tribujeña rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Carrie Malinowski
Oct 11, 2012 Carrie Malinowski rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Danielle Rhodes
Danielle Rhodes rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Maribeth Santiago
Maribeth Santiago rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Jana
Jana rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Chengwen
Chengwen rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Olga
Olga rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Katie Steiner
Katie Steiner rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Johanne Gravel
Johanne Gravel rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Monique
Monique rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Vickie
Vickie rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Azhan Razdi
Azhan Razdi rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Yong May
Yong May rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...