Call Me

Call Me

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  36 reviews
In this first book of a brand new series by Dani Ripper and New York Times Best Selling author, John Locke, a young, beautiful private detective is determined to find the infamous killer, ManChild. To support herself while searching, our plucky detective works as a decoy, helping jealous wives and fiancés determine if their men are likely to cheat.
Published November 18th 2011 by Telemachus Press, LLC

Harry
Not a Donovan Creed novel, but inevitably linked to the overall story of Donovan Creed this book got a 4 rating only in that Mr. Locke might be slipping a little after a slew of books. John Locke is the "Agile" author of the Kindle world where he got his start (here I'm referring to the Agile methods so widespread in corporation where something is produced in short incremental steps, rather than delivering it whole but possibly flawed).

Whatever he is doing (and this is my opinion, of course) it...more
Gina
I had read the 2nd book, Promise You Won't Tell?, before I read this one because it was free on iBooks. I liked it so bought this one. I also liked this one but I don't understand how the author is so incredibly successful. He's one of only like 14 authors to sell over a million Kindle books and he's in prestigious company and honestly, nothing I've read so far would really lead into that.

That said, I did like the book somewhat. Dani's story is interesting but I get tired fast of all the allusio...more
Lynda Kelly
This started with promise (although I've no idea whatsoever why the leading lady is listed as the author-that is beyond bizarre).....anyway, it started well and I'd bought it as it was the prequel to Promise You Won't Tell. But it descended into farce and I packed it in halfway through. I am quite disappointed. I knew it was humourous from reviews I'd seen but I don't like slapstick and so I ended up disliking it intensely. I don't understand why the author took it in that direction.
I liked Dani...more
Gordon Wulff
Another brilliant tale by this prolific writer . His work ethic is incredible coming from a publisher .

A new Author knocking at the door .

Without by E.E. Borton Without
Suffer by E.E. Borton Suffer
Abomination by E.E. Borton Abomination
E.E. Borton
MARILYN HOLLINGSWORTH
Great

full of humor and unexpected twists. A great read. Make sure you have enough time to finish before starting . . . you can not put it down.
A.M. Hargrove
As usual, John Locke and his new cohort, Dani Ripper have written another smashing hit. I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end but, more importantly, the end left me begging for more. I am dying to read The Little Girl Who Got Away, even though Locke has decided not to publish it. Dani Ripper is an engaging main character, and she keeps you laughing at her attempts to get divorced. I was happy to see a crossover Creed character present in this one because Donovan is one of my favorit...more
Ron Chicaferro
This book by John Locke is a bit more to the serious side of life then his books about Doctor Gideon Box. Dani Ripper, a relatively new character, is a private investigator with some serious personal issues going on. The writing is pure Locke - concise and to the point. This is a first class yarn with a lot of suspense that will keep you guessing throughout. There are no filler characters here - they all make substantial contributions to the story-line. You'll want to strangle some and hug other...more
Sian
After reading "Promise you won't tell" (which was free on Amazon) and enjoying it I saw "Call Me" for 66p and thought what have I got to loose? I should have read this prior to "Promise you won't tell" as it was written first but that doesn't really hinder the story just would made a bit more sense in a few places. As I said previously I really liked the main character Dani Ripper, and the easy reading writing style of the author, John Locke, but I personally found some of the story relating to...more
Tabatha
Selina Jones
very clever and very brilliant. I look forward to more in the series.
Tara
It is completely unbelievable that one author can tie 3 different series together somehow and still have them be 3 separate series! It is so amazing what must go on in that man's head when he writes and plots these books. It's truly inspirational.
Again, another book by John Locke that I have loved and adored. It is worth the read!
Jen Biggs
3.5 stars for me. I've read all John Lockes books. I confess the Donovon Creed books are my favorites. So witty and totally over the top! But so far I have enjoyed all the crazy characters Locke has introduced to me. This book was an easy light read that i brought to the beach and enjoyed reading. Just a fun thriller.
Nicole Scott
Amazing.

this book keeps you hanging on the whole way through. dani ripper is an amazing person throughout the whole story.
Michelle Johnson
Another great read from John Locke. I would love to read another from this series. Not my favorite series from him, but I'm sure it will be.

I loved the funny perspective he has on woman. That alone will keep me reading.

These books are face paced, fun and exciting. And they leave you wanting more!
Harry Williams
I saw this for 99 cents on the Kindle store and the story sounding interesting: a young private-eye, hired to see if their husbands/boyfriends cheat by posing as a "decoy." Of course, one of her jobs leads to much more than she bargained for....

An okay story that could have been so much more...
Leigh
Completely strange book. Reads like author was on acid when writing. Entertaining though the ending ruined it. Dani is a selfish, slutty person so it is hard to like her. Sophie is another pig so I guess they are a good team. It gets four stars because I like books that move quickly.
David Donaghe
John Locke does it again with call me. once again it was fast paced and kept me guessing and again the best part is that it only cost 99 cents to download. Is it as good as his Donovan Creed novels? I don't know. I'll have to read the next one and let you know.
Rhamel
Great fast paced book. The only downfall is now I really want to read the book that explains what happened to her when she was kidnapped. It hints in the back of the book that it was written but not published....or maybe he is just teasing....not sure.
Nigel
Really enjoyed this book good new characters with interesting links to the Donavan Creed books and the characters within. Look forward to the next and can see a link up between Danni and Creed...could be interesting!
Jenny Foden
Read Promise you won't tell before I read this one and really enjoyed it. Call Me didn't disappoint really enjoyed reading it, it's full of unexpected twists just like Promise You Won't Tell.
Emily
I love the 99 cent books from Kindle and I enjoy the books written by John Locke, but with that said this new series it not my favorite. The main character Dani is not my style of detective.
Dan Barbier
Another new series from the prolific John Locke. Funny, sexy and ingenious, this novel is part of the same universe as the Donovan Creed series while being less outragous. Pleasant time-filler.
Brigette
Interesting story, kept me glued to the book and I read it in a couple sittings. I would definitely read another one in the series. Perfect for a quick easy read.
Eric Thomasma
I liked it, but not as much as other John Locke books I've read. I can't really point to any specific thing as to why, except that it just didn't seem as fun.
Matthew
Finished in 24 hours, couldn't put it down. Fast paced and fun, this led me into the rest of the John Locke books which I love as well (the Donovan Creed series).
Jim
The story didn't quite hold up to the Donovan Creed stuff, but I like the character (Dani). It will be interesting to see what is next in this series.
Craig Hansen
A solid series debut for a very different sort of John Locke novel, this entry seems more about setup and potential than payoff ... but it's a good start.
Ronald Dahle
Great syory. Last one for now. Just downloaded his latest, but am reading 3 others and writing two, thile marketing one, do it will be a while.
Mark Polino
John Locke's stuff never seems to fit into any normal categories. This is a hard one to classify too. It has odd twists and atypical ending.
Stephanie
I loved this book! Dani is a hilarious character! I loved all the twists and turns and it definitely ends in some unexpected ways!
  • Maybe (Donovan Creed, #9)
  • The Killer Next Door
  • Flesh & Bones (Jake Lassiter, #7)
  • Pilgrim Soul (Douglas Brodie, #3 / Danny McRae, #3)
  • Dying for Justice (Detective Jackson Mystery, #5))
  • Identity Crisis
  • Jack: Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)
  • Cursed! (With Bonus Material!)
  • Noble Intentions: Season One
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Collected (Jonathan Quinn, #6)