Start by marking “Project Garden: A Month-by-Month Guide to Planting, Growing, and Enjoying ALL Your Backyard Has to Offer” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Collects more than 100 kid-friendly activities--for each month of the year--that even brown-thumbed families can enjoy, including growing projects, harvest-inspired recipes, recycling projects and season-related crafts--each taking less than 30 minutes to
Title: Project Garden
Author: Tornio, Stacy
Publisher: Adams Media Corp
Publication Date: 2012/01/15
Number of Pages: 180
Bin
Published January 15th 2012 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about Project Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Garden

Pamela
Love this book. had to reverse things round a bit being from the Southern Hemisphere but loved the little projects.
Anastacia
I took this book out from the library, because my parents, hubby & I, have planted a vegetable garden for the first time, other than the odd tomato plant. I've been devouring the 'net for ideas, hints, tips, tricks, recipes, etc etc, along with stalking coworkers for any advice they can give us - and our garden is doing just great! I can't wait for a bigger & better garden next year!

so, with all that in mind, I've been requesting books from the library on the subject of vegetable gardeni
Michelle
Tornio has compiled a nice little book of garden based projects. I think it's a great book for people who are already familiar with the basics of gardening and want creative ideas for crafts, plus simple recipes that kids can help with. If you are a beginning green thumb, I would suggest finding a book to describe exactly how to plant/hardiness zones, etc. My one complaint about the book is that Tornio does not include a hardiness map, but lists all the zones with the plants (which I suppose is ...more
Casey Hudson
I love to garden, and I enjoy sharing my love of gardening with the next generation. This book gives a fun and creative reason to do so. Every month includes gardening tips, recipes, and projects for even the youngest horticulturist.

Bright colors and easy-to-follow design are what truly make this guide worthwhile. Complete with difficulty levels and lists of materials, this is a magnificent read for the entire family.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Gardening, crafts, and recipes all year long for the whole family! The chapters are divided by month. They plants in each month do not neccesarily grow in that month, but it offers a varity to enjoy - herbs, bulbs, animals, night, etc. The crafs are focused around recycled ideas with garden decor in mind. Great book for families who want to explore gardening.
Khristiey
skimming through this one to see if it's worth recommending. so far I'm digging it for all the child oriented gardening and craft projects. seems like it would keep kids busy, outdoors, and active in the summer months.
Jessica
Excellent garden themed crafts and recipes to keep the whole family engaged in gardening year round.
Angell
Angell marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Julie Robinson
Julie Robinson marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Crystal Rose
Crystal Rose is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2014
Carrie Hill
Carrie Hill marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Emily Scheinman
Emily Scheinman marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Ayisha
Ayisha marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Lisa Sarm
Lisa Sarm marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Geoff Nagler
Geoff Nagler marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Robin Holland
Robin Holland marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
May 04, 2012
Uve
Uve added it
Jul 17, 2014
The Kids' Outdoor Adventure Book: 448 Great Things to Do in Nature Before You Grow Up We Love Nature!: A Keepsake Journal for Families Who Love to Explore the Outdoors Cathy's Animal Garden: Enter at Your Own Risk The Truth About Nature: A Family's Guide to 144 Common Myths about the Great Outdoors Birds & Blooms