Start by marking “Marriage Behind the Facade (The Al Dhakir Brothers #2)” as Want to Read:
Marriage Behind the Facade (The Al Dhakir Brothers #2)

Marriage Behind the Facade (The Al Dhakir Brothers #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Summoned to the desert sands

Sydney Reed dreamed of being a princess in a faraway land, and couldn’t believe that smoulderingly sexy Sheikh Malik of Jahfar would marry plain old her — even out of convenience. But the dream has ended and she’s back to reality with a thud!

Now Sydney needs his signature on the divorce papers — Malik, however, has other ideas. Jahfaran law requ
Published 2012 by Mills & Boon (first published January 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Behind the Facade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Behind the Facade

Fiona Marsden
Mar 18, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: If you like Sheikhs with history.
Recommended to Fiona by: Author page
What do you get when you put together a needy young woman who never learned her own value and a rich powerful Sheikh who happens to be divinely good looking but emotionally frozen? When Lynn Raye Harris gets hold of them you get a great story about real relationships and people who need to grow. In this case this seemingly disparate couple could just be what the doctor ordered to bring about what's needed to help the two estranged spouses meet their potential. We all know there has to be a happy ...more
Desere
I know that most you will agree being married to a real life Prince is something every woman wants, but have you ever stopped to think what it might be like if you find your Prince, marry and then discover all is not it seems?

In Marriage behind the Façade the author beautifully showed me the other side of the royal life of Prince Malik (don't you just love how foreign and exotic his name sounds) and Sydney. They meet have spectacular sex and on impulse they marry, only Sydney discovers that Mali
Maria
This is my first sheikh book. The sheikh, it seems, has been a sought after romantic hero since the days of Valentino, or maybe since Edith Maud Hull penned her vintage romantic novel, 'The Sheik'. I mean, what could be more irresistible than the prince of the desert, riding his camel, his white robes flowing in the desert breeze?

As a woman of western origin, married to a man from the east, I read this with particular interest, although my man is not from an Arabic community. What I thought I'd
Nas Dean
MARRIAGE BEHIND THE FAÇADE by Lynn Raye Harris is a Mills & Boon Modern release for February 2012.

Sheikh Malik of Jahfar married and whisked off Sydney Reed to Paris. But he didn't take her to his homeland Jahfar. After a few weeks Sydney walked away from Malik and her marriage. She was so in love with Malik, so why did she walk away?

Now Sydney needs Malik's signature on her divorce papers. But Malik has other ideas. He takes her to Jahfar and exposes her to his way of life. Stranded in the
Booklover
Nancy Crocker
Who ever said love was easy! Rated 4.5 stars.

This is the story of a married couple on the verge of Divorce. Sydney overheard a phone conversation between her husband Malik and his brother the King, and left her husband a week later when she told him she LOVED him and he said nothing back.

After waiting a year and Malik not contacting her she decides it is time to move on and files divorce papers. The same day he shows up and tells her she must live with him in Jahfar for 40 days before a divorce
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Marriage Behind the Façade by Lynn Raye Harris is an intensely passionate re-union story about a couple on the brink of divorce.

Sydney Reed and Sheikh Malik of Jahfar had a world wind romance leading to a hasty marriage. But no sooner were they married the doubts set in. When Sydney overhears Malik’s coversation with his brother regretting their hasty marriage it’s the final straw and she leaves him to return to California and her family.

Having not heard from Malik in a year, Sydney decides its
TashNz
Review by TashNz

Lucky me, this supurb story was available in NZ in September and it was a must buy for me because I had enjoyed book one, Strangers in the Desert so much.

In order to secure a divorce from Prince Malik, Sydney agrees to return to Prince Malik's hometown, Jahfar and live as man and wife for 40 days and nights, as is custom in Jahfar in order to proceed to a divorce. Being back in close vicinity of Prince Malik slowly dissolves all the hard feelings Sydney has held tight to over the
HÜLYA
Bu hikaye beni çok şaşırttı.Şeyhli hikayeleri oldum olası pek sevmem fakat Lynn Raye Harris'in Sıcak Öpücük isimli kitabı değişik bir konusu vardı..Okurken erkek karakteri elimle sarsmak geldi şöyle iyice bir sarsmak geldi içimden..
İki tarafın da yanlış anlamaları özellikle erkek karakter Maliki'nin yetiştiriliş tarzı yüzünden krize giren bir evlilik..Kalbi adeta taşlaşmış bir erkek kocası tarafından sevilmediği duygusu ile evliliğini bitirmeye kararlı genç bir kadının hikayesi idi..
Jan
Another great book by Lynn I love the way she weaves a story and how one connects to the characters. Love this book as her other one about his brother Strangers in the desert. Another great read.Love the passion, drama, danger, and such fun to read. well done Lynn :)
Baseballmom
Words vs Actions?....d:)

How can a relationship work when one believes in "words of love" and the other believes that "actions speak louder than words"? The h had insecurities and needed words of love and reassurance. The H wasn't into feelings and flowery declarations, he believed in actions, rather than words. The story features the POV from both the H and h, and shows a nice progression on how they worked on themselves. Excellent book about two people who approached their relationship from opp
RebeccaL
Sincere
Sydney has signed her divorce paper and sent it to het to-be-ex prince husband. And then he comes and tells her that she must spend time with him for 40 days due to Jarfar rule before she can divorce with him.
sydney decides that this should be done so she goes to Jakar with him.

I want more from thiiiisssss! .

I can't say that I love sydney. I have mixed feeling about her.

Sydney is very inconfident woman. She always has a feeling that she is the duck in all swans in her family.
She doesn't thoug
Tanya Mayes
This was a really enjoyable read. I love Malik and Syndey together. They both needed to grow from there past and upbringing. This was two people on the verge of a divorce after a year long separation. Who came back together and find out they love each other. Malik is a man who feels actions speaks louder than words but Sydney's insercurities she needs to hear the words.
Marjorie
Every girl wants to be a princess and Sydney Reed gets her wish when Sheikh Malik marries her after a whirlwind courtship. Then her doubts begin and she leaves him, thinking she isn't good enough. Malik does love her so when she files for divorce, he tells her they have to spend 40 days in Jahfar. Does he get his woman?? Great fun story to read!
Danielle
Loved it!!!! Both of the main characters deserved loved in thier lives even though they both didn't believe they did, and luckily they got thier happily ever after at the end with one another. Lots of love and devotion on both of thier sides. Glad they finally got it together at the end. Great book!!!!
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
I read this book some months ago. Actually it was the very first romance novel I've ever read. I really loved the story - and especially the delicious sheikh! The only thing I feel let this book down was the grammar. Otherwise it was fabulous.
Kayla
a wonderful story, gives new meaning to actions speak louder than words :)
Aishwarya Nair
The most interesting book i have read in ages,

It mixes plessure with feelings, words,actions and emotions.
Overall, the characters have been described very well through their emotions..
well done!!
Diana Tan
This is book 2 of Lynn Raye Harris' Bound By His Ring series. I love this book. I love how Malik comes up with ideas on how to keep Sydney in his life. His desert idea is epic!
Michaella Redl
Great book that spans every emotion! Strong lead characters that help you identify. I would def recommend!
Harlequin Books
R
R marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Christine Dalisay
Christine Dalisay marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Majesty, Mistress...Missing Heir
  • The Future King's Love-Child (The Royal House of Karedes #6)
  • Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5 & Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Duty, Desire and the Desert King (Desert Kings, #3)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
USA Today bestselling author Lynn Raye Harris burst onto the scene when she won a writing contest held by Harlequin. A former finalist for the Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart Award and the National Readers Choice Award, Lynn lives in Alabama with her handsome former military husband and two crazy cats. Lynn writes about hot military heroes, sizzling international billionaires, and the wo ...more
More about Lynn Raye Harris...
Hot Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1) Hot Mess (Hostile Operations Team, #2) Behind the Palace Walls Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1) Maddie's Marine