Start by marking “Deceit and Devotion” as Want to Read:
Deceit and Devotion

Deceit and Devotion (The Million Dollar #4)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Essence bestselling author RM Johnson returns with the hotly anticipated follow-up to Million Dollar Demise.

This electrifying novel features the Million Dollar characters fans have grown to love coming face-to-face with members of the Harris family, the unforgettable characters of Johnson’s other bestselling series. It’s his most dramatic—and passionate—installment yet.

Wh
Published February 21st 2012 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Deceit and Devotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceit and Devotion

Shelly Blackmore
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway (Thanks GR!).

I really enjoyed this book, although I have to admit it took me a while to figure out all of the characters, as it seemed like there was someone new being introduced ever couple of pages. Once I figured out all the main players and understood some of their back story, I really got drawn into the current story at play, a story of people who all seemed to come from the projects, some of whom rose above their meager beginnings, others who
Dayatara
I am so disappointed in this book. I love the Million Dollar Series so when I saw there was another book out I couldn't wait to read it. Maybe I should have read the books about the Harrises first since they are in this book, because I didn't care one bit about any of them except Austin. And that was because he had dealings with Monica. I didn't see the point in intertwining the Million Dollar characters with the Harris men. I would have been ok with Austin being in the book, but not Caleb, Marc ...more
A'ndrea Wilson
The fourth book in the Million Dollar Divorce Series, Deceit and Devotion picks up where the Million Dollar Deception leaves off, with all of the characters still unwilling to forgive and forget. Nate Kennedy is still the powerful and rich man who holds all the cards, frustrating everyone who has ever met him. His ex-wife, Monica, is trying to move on past their life together, but can't seem to get over Nate's influence on her. Lewis is trying to stay on the straight and narrow. Daphanie, is obs ...more
Frank
R.M. Johnson brings back the Harris brothers from his "The Harris Family" and "Million Dollar Demise" to create a fascinating drama of family life like you can't imagine with multiple plots (ie. crime by family members, gangs, holding on to a child at the risk of losing oneself in the process, relationships that hinge on deception)all making you hustling to keep up. Johnson's prose makes his characters jump out of the pages; like Jahlil "seeing the bottom of one boy's boot as ..... it crashed do ...more
Eva Leger
I'm not sure how but somehow Johnson manages to throw in more main and side characters than I usually like and do it gracefully. I don't find myself getting confused, having to try to keep track of this or that one, etc.
Johnson does tell a bit of background but take my advice - don't read these out of order. You'd be able too, probably, but you'll be much happier going the way they're written.
I didn't care too much for the no end ending - I hate when a book leaves off in such a manner - but I ha
Paula Allen
DECEIT AND DEVOTION is filled with action and drama. Johnson intertwined the lives of all the characters both the old and the new. The story is a fast and easy read but I feel I would have enjoyed it more if it was a stand-alone with the new characters plot? For a reader who has not read any of the previous books, this could pose a problem reading it as a stand-alone because there was too many character’s backgrounds that you would have to understand to get a grasp of their motives and actions. ...more
Kim
The writing was ok in this book, but it seems like these characters will never grow up and learn a lesson from all they have been through. Nate hasn't changed one bit. He is still a vengeful ugly man. Monica seemed like she got herself together, but her mind is just all over the place, and she is out to do Nate just as he has done her again. Caleb seemed to have it together, but didn't and did again. The only positive light is Austin, but he just can't seem to catch a break in the relationship d ...more
Natasha
I listened to this book on audio. I thought it was a pretty decent read. I feel like maybe it should have focused on less situations though, there was a lot going on. The book ended leaving a lot of unanswered questions so I hope there is a continuation to the book just focuing on a couple areas and maybe focus on the other situations in another book. Good story just feel like it could have been better if the focus wasn't so spread between all the characters. Maybe it was just me that wanted mor ...more
Tynece
There was a lot going on in this book but I did enjoy it. But the ending frustrated me....I need closure
Belinda
The end was left for a sequel. I hope. I really enjoyed this book. I would love to know what happens to Monica and how she plans to get even with Nate b/c she can't move on with her life. Hope Jahlil gets his life on track. Caleb & Sonya get back together as does Marcus & Reecie. Poor Daphanie made a dreadful mistake signing over her baby to Trevor. Lots of drama in this book. The Harris men in this book is from one of his earlier books.
Lisa
An excellent thriller. Being part 4 of the Million Dollar series, I suggest reading the other 3 first to get a full understanding of the characters and their actions. Deceit and Devotion focuses mainly on new characters, the Harris family, but does relate them back to Nate, Monica and the rest of the old crew. The ending is definitely a cliff hanger, suggesting another book in the series will follow.
Tracee
The book was ok. I wished it would've dealt more with Monica and Nate, and preferably, how Monica had finally moved on with her life and in a new relationship. I did get some of that but was disappointed how Monica treated Austin because of her feelings towards Nate and Lewis. However, since the book ended with a cliffhanger, I will be looking to read the next book in this series.
Yolanda Moore
I really like the addition of the Harris brothers to this book. I will be reading that book too. Monica was very confused and has let her past make her bitter. It will be interesting to see what happens next with her. All the characters were very well developed and had something everyone could relate too. I hope he doesnt make us wait to long for the next book!
Lasonja
This book was ok. It was not what I expected. I enjoyed ALL the other books in the "Million Dollar" series. I thought this would pick up where the Demise left off but it didn't...I guess the best thing for me to do now is start from the beginning with the "Harris Men" and work my way back to "Deceit and Devotion" and see if I can put it all together.
Chandra
RM Johnson has outdone himself with this one! Nate Kenny from the Million Dollar series and still as cold-hearted, calculating, and manipulative as always. Thanks to Monica Kenny, the Million Dollar series and the Harris Family intertwine, and I sure hope this book leads to a sequel with Nate Kenny get just what her deserves!
Sonia
AMAZING CANT GO TO DEEP WITH THE REVIEW BECAUSE THIS ONE OF THOSE STORIES WHERE U HAV TO READ EACH BOOK IN THE SERIES TO KNOW Y WHO DOES WHAT TO WHOM.. R.M. DID IT AGAIN LOVED IT THERE'S DEFINITELY ANOTHER BOOK COMING THE ENDING WAS A JAW DROP..
Cicely
Didn't blow me away. Nate is still evil, and for some reason Daphanie really irritated me. The way that the book ended, there will be a sequel. I'm done, so over Lewis, Nate, Daphanie, Monica and the rest of the crew.
Jewell

If you need a quick read this is a decent one. Family drama that is believable Snd an ending that leaves you wondering what will be next. Part of a series, I think it is safe to assume the saga will continue.
Bridget
It was okay, but I think this trilogy will be the last for me. This is the 3rd book in the series and I enjoyed it, but again this will be it for me.
Pamela Sarratt
This book was ok....definitely a let down from the 3 previous books in this series...per the ending it looks like there will be a 5th book coming out...
Monique Jackson-Sanchez
I liked the other three books better in this series...this one left me hanging. I hope there will be another book to complete this series.
Unique811
I know there is a part 5. Please don't keep me waiting. I want and need it now.....lol.
Jennifer S
this book was good and i think there's gonna be another installment.
Aisha
It was good but it was a teaser to me.
Alicia
Can't wait for the next book.
Kandiyam
Good book, cant wait til the next one
Jasmine Cole
Book four so ready too see how it goes
Kim
On to the next book.
Dionna Johnson
Loved this book!!!!
  • The Other Side of Goodness
  • The Reverend's Wife (Reverend Curtis Black, #9)
  • A Wish and a Prayer: A Blessings Novel
  • The Devil is a Lie
  • Beautiful, Dirty, Rich: A Novel
  • Aftermath
  • Put a Ring on It
  • Till You Hear from Me: A Novel (West End #5)
  • The Strawberry Letter: Real Talk, Real Advice, Because Bitterness Isn't Sexy
  • All Up In My Business
  • What Doesn't Kill You
  • Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #1)
  • Sisters & Husbands
RM Johnson was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. After high school, he served five years in the United States Army. After which he received his Bachelors degree in science, from the University of Louisiana. He worked as an x-ray technologist, and radiation therapist for a number of years while continuously working on his writing, and earned a Masters degree in creative writing from Chicago Sta ...more
More about R.M. Johnson...

The Million Dollar (4 books)
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • The Million Dollar Deception
  • The Million Dollar Demise
The Million Dollar Divorce The Million Dollar Deception The Million Dollar Demise Dating Games Do You Take This Woman?