Start by marking “The Nine Musketeers” as Want to Read:
The Nine Musketeers

The Nine Musketeers

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The crossing guard looked on in horror as the Buick sedan pulled away from the pump at the Shell gas station. As the car turned onto Kedsie Avenue she ran frantically toward it, waving her arms and yelling, “Stop! Hey mister, stop! You’re dragging a kid under your car.”

And this is how my autobiography starts back in 1954, the summer I turned four. I grew up in a family of
216 pages
Published (first published July 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Nine Musketeers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nine Musketeers

Lynn Demsky
This was a great read! Brought back so many memories: .25 cent a week allowance, leather straps, the jingle-jangle of the ice cream truck, shaving, dating, music --- amazed me that with nine kids they could afford the ice cream truck. We only had 2 and couldn't afford it! .....a very good soothing, happy, entertaining, comical (in parts) read! All of today's teenagers and adults should read it!
Jerin
This book had some interesting stories about growing up and coming of age in the 50s and 60s. At times, the author wallows in self-pity, but an Angela's Ashes situation, it is not (which he actually acnowledges a few times). The name changes fall apart, especially in the obviously less-edited last few chapters, which I found amusing, but some readers may find confusing.
Michael Mcparland
Michael Mcparland marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Donna Maguire
Donna Maguire marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Bill Bernico
Jul 25, 2014 Bill Bernico rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
torque
torque marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Feb 16, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2012
Teri Pre
Teri Pre marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2012
Author of more than two hundred short stories including 154 stories featuring five generations of his Los Angeles detective family, The Coopers.

He lives on the shores of Lake Michigan, in Cleveland, Wisconsin with his wife, Kathie.
More about Bill Bernico...
Matt Cooper, P.I. (Matt Cooper, Private Eye) The Perfect Crime (Short Story) The Complete Cooper Collection Ill See You In My Dreams Overboard