Start by marking “Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #4)
Preview

Fairytale Come Alive (Ghosts and Reincarnation #4)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  4,703 ratings  ·  339 reviews
In Isabella Austin Evangelista’s life miracles never happen… she knows she’s destined to be the princess who’s stuck in the middle of a fairytale where there will be no happily ever after.

Once upon a time, Prentice Cameron loved Isabella Austin until he discovered she was a spoiled, rich girl who spent her summers toying with his heart.

Life led Prentice to his own fairyt
Published November 24th 2013 by Kristen Ashley

To ask other readers questions about Fairytale Come Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairytale Come Alive

Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen AshleyThe Gamble by Kristen AshleyLady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Best Kristen Ashley Books
36th out of 51 books — 1,704 voters
Paradise by Judith McNaughtThe Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine AllredPersuasion by Jane AustenOut of the Box Regifted by Jennifer TheriotOut of the Box Awakening by Jennifer Theriot
Best Second Chance Romance
42nd out of 501 books — 884 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
5 beautiful 'Scottish Fairytale Come Alive' stars!

Crikey! I can't stop crying! What a beautiful, unusual, hard fought and well deserved happily ever after!

Blurb...

Lisa

4.75 Stars

She was the living dead when he was not with her. His presence, his touch, his kiss, brought her to life. Like Sleeping Beauty. Another fairytale come alive.

description

Fairytale Come Alive by Kristen Ashley is a heart-breaking tale of young love gone wrong only to have the lovers reunited twenty long years later. The storyline was one which tugged at the heart, but beautiful nonetheless.

Isabella Austin Evangelista:

Isabella wanted to tell him that he hadn’t ever met her. She wanted to tell him
Karla

5 Big Fat *Sigh* Stars!! I wanted to twirl around and sing when I finished this book, but I knew I would get dizzy, fall over, and with my luck probably break my neck, so I just cried!!

I’m moving to the wilds of Scotland and hoping my fairytale comes alive and I find my happily ever after with a handsome, forty-something, dark haired, brooding Scotsman...Prentice Cameron to be exact! Damn he’s spoken for, but who better to have him than the lovely Isabella Austin. They’ve both endured so much,
Mo

I really wanted to love this one as I have liked the other books in the series. And for the most part, especially the beginning, I was liking it, a lot. BUT, there was something about it that just did not work for me.

Lady Heather

5+ Rating

I just finished the story, and it took me a couple of minutes to compose myself (Kristen Ashley and her friggen Epilogue had me in tears and an emotional wreck by the end of the last sentence..yep...THAT GOOD!).

This was by far the BEST story in the "Ghosts & Reincarnation" series.
The hero in the story is in the same league as "Sam", "Max", "Tate", and "Mitch" (other KA hero's)....Oh Yeah..that Good!

The story is about two people so in love and then separated due events (and people in
Gabriella ♥ Liam Callahan's girl ♥
"FAIRYTALE COMES ALIVE" was defiantly pretty Loooong an sweet :)

That teaches us that it dosnt matter where we are now...in the end...in the very end,our prince will ALWAYS end up finding us..and that well always get a chancing to live our Happily ever after....

Because guess what ?

The only reason i gave this a 4 instead of 5 stars, was because i didnt really enjoy the ending ( i felt KA was trying to make it overall dramatic for our tastes ) and because i just could NOT put up with the name.
Melanie

I'll admit that the book blurb for 'Fairytale Come Alive' had me kinda leery. I mean, really - the ghost of a dead wife actively helps to hook up her still alive husband with a former flame? And... this woman is not only a former flame but his true one and only... as in he's never ever stopped loving her? *WINCE* It just sounds like the whole book would be uncomfortably, tragically awkward! Then again, this is a Kristen Ashley book we're talking about - the woman oozes literary talent
Elizabeth
Fairytale Come Alive is by far my favorite book of the Ghosts and Reincarnation. It reminds me a bit of Golden Trail (another great KA read) but with a slight supernatural twist.

Prentice is strong, delicious, smart, and full of spirit!

description

Belle is sweet, soft, fragile, feisty, and full of love for everyone she meets.

description

Isabella and Prentice started their love affair when they were in the young adult years. Prentice lives over in Scotland and Belle is from Chicago. They were head over heels in love with
Jess
1 MILLION STARS

First thing I did when I finished this book, I cried so hard at such beautiful characters then I tried really hard to pull myself back to reality.

I failed...

Then I cried my eyes out again then I washed my face to pull myself back to reality.

Then I sat down at my computer to write this review but all I can think is WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I know KA is amazing but this went beyond her normal EPIC, AMAZING, SPECTACULAR BOOKS! This was breathtakingly BEAUT
April Brookshire
My least favorite book of the series, although it was technically a good book. I'm just so tired of KA heroes who let their supposed "true love" slip through their fingers and then they go on to marry someone else and usually make babies. While I'm happy that these great children were born and all, it sorta feels like the heroines always seem A-OK with it. I think this one especially bothered me because the after the hero let the heroine slip through his fingers when she really needed him, a few ...more
Pam
"Bella's fairytale includes a wicked warlock of a father and an evil duke who stole her away and was a cad and a bounder. But she finally escaped him and now she's waiting for her knight and shining armor."

I just have to say, It wasn't my favorite of KA's book :( A story about young forbidden love struck by tragedy and twenty years later are brought together to celebrate their best friends happily ever after.

Isabella Austin Evangelisa, was "...weak. a coward... Where she went, trag
Jacqueline
I've been completely engrossed in this one.

Prentice and Isabella were pulled apart once by Isabella' s nut job father. Twenty years later and Prentice is a widower with two children when Isabella returns to stay in his remote Scottish village. He's bitter, she's public enemy number one because of what's seen to be her behaviour twenty years ago.

The narrator switches between Isabella, Prentice and Prentice' s dead wife, a ghostly Fiona. Kind of a weird ideas, but it really worked well most of the
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jul 02, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone .. nice KA experience.
Shelves: nook-tbr, 4-star
4 Stars

I debated between 3.5 and 4 stars, but in the end, 4 stars it is. I really liked this book. I think out of this whole “series”, I liked this “ghost” story the best.

What did I like / not so like about this book?
1) Liked the Great Characters. You always know what type of character to expect from this author and she didn’t disappoint. I loved Isabella [love the name!!] and Prentice. These two were young engaged lovers and Bella’s father separated them. Prentice was a working class bloke and
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Kristen Ashley is amazing. AH-MAY-ZING. She consistently creates these characters that feel so freaking real that in one stand-alone book you not only feel like you know them, you feel like they're these people you've known and loved for your whole life. Your. Whole. Life. You feel real joy over their triumphs. You feel real pain over their losses. They are real to you.

You miss them when you finish the books, so you have to reread them. I know this b/c having only discovered Kristen Ashley last
Vallsykes
Apr 20, 2012 Vallsykes rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like to see some of KA's magic
Update: 3 and 1/2 stars
This book reminded me of the period drama The Buccaneers, a saga about 19th century high society American women who desire to live in England and find their prince, which was the "fairy tale" that Isabella and her friend set out to do at a tender age and they each meet their Scottish bough.

Isabella and Pren's story is cut short by a typical controlling force, but that isn't what grabs attention. The two destined souls are torn apart for a fair amount of years (KA's style
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Book Basics

Genre : - Contemporary Paranormal Romance
Series : - Fourth in the series - can be read as a stand alone. No cross over characters at all from the other books in the series.
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Yes
Rating - Original Rating a 3. Upgraded to a 4

Review

On first reading, this was my least favourite of this series. After a re rea
Stacie
This is my favorite book of this series. It's perfect! There was not one thing I didn't like about it. It is so tragic but beautiful for so many reasons other than just the romance story which is great. Bella and Prentice are so good together, but Fiona is one of my all time favorite characters. She made this story special. If you haven't read this, do. Immediately! :) Happy reading!!!

Ps. I just want to add that I had this book for a couple of month before I started it. That is because the blurb
Jacqueline
This was basically good and readable but there were ultimately some things that didn't work as well for me as they could have. I didn't love the heroine. Everyone kept talking about how tragic her life had been. Granted (view spoiler) but most of the rest of her life wasn't all that horrible. (view spoiler) ...more
Cindy
I love Once Upon A Time stories and this one was sweet, sexy, mysterious, and gave me my HEA. Loved Prentice, Elle, and Fiona. Actually I loved all the characters the secondary ones were just as interesting as the main characters. This was a beautiful tragic love story that one day eventually gets its HEA. The journey to that HEA was fun to be apart of.

"I survived." He gave a short, unamused laugh. Ay. You survived. But life isn't survival, Elle, life is beautiful." Elle and Prentice

"I told you
Lirajean
I have never cried so much over a book. In the beginning, in the middle, at the end. Tears everywhere. Whew!
Loved the characters, loved how she rolled their story out, loved the kids! Little Sally is a Rock Chick in the making! And Jason a future hotty alpha. Man!
This book was a kind of combo of KA's ghost stories and her Unfinished Heroes. A lot of the characters from the UH series made cameo appearances. I like how she did the ghost, how she gave her some power, some backbone, and some teeth.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in Kristen Ashley's Ghosts and Reincarnation is Fairytale Come Alive. Set mostly in a small village in Scotland this story tells the tale of Prentice Cameron and Isabella (Elle) Austin. Madly in love and engaged to be married, Isabella breaks it off and breaks Pren's heart. Twenty years later Isabella is back for her best friend's wedding. During those twenty years Prentice found love again and married and now has two wonderful children and is a widower. His wife's ghost haunts t ...more
Glamdring

Another beautiful story! I loved it!
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
4.5stars really
Once upon a time the beautiful Isabella Austin and handsome Prentice Cameron knew they had found idyllic lasting love through the stolen moments of their fifteen month friendship. During their time together Isabella was able to freely be the person she wanted to be and was loved by the entire village. They planned to marry. But then Isabella's evil ogre of a father decided this was not the man for his daughter nor was the little village the place for his daughter. With that decree
Ann
4.5 Stars. Tragedy to HEA with a little help from a ghost. Pren and Elle/Bella are the starring H/h. Couple torn apart in their younger years, reunited 20 years later. Pren is a widower now with young children and Elle is divorced. With a little ghostly help from Pren’s deceased wife, Fiona, this makes an endearing read. Especially like the lack of petty insecurity and jealousy over past loves. Fiona had only a wee bit of jealousy but overcame it. Like the way KA writes Pren honoring his love fo ...more
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
We get 3 POV's in this story.

Prentice Cameron(love the name)or Pren(only Isabella can say that way). Oh my goodness...you seriously can not go wrong with a Scottish hottie. He's become one of my favorite men in all the stories I've read. He's just so, so, so...everything. Protective, Loves All, Gives All, wonderful father and husband. The stuff he tells Elle *sigh* Plus he's an assman. You gotta love that!

Isabella. A tragic story hers is. She grew up with her abusive father(mentally, emotionall
Deanne
But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You had a busy day today

- - - Elton John, Tiny Dancer

5+++++++++ STARS!

This has been by far my favorite book in Kristen Ashley's Ghosts and Reincarnation series. Not sure if I was just overly hormonal but I was in tears by 10% in. I really liked Elle in this story. I know right?! How often do we actua
Saunders
I always think the word "amazing" just doesn't describe a book like this because to lob the meaning of amazing to Kristen Ashley's writing is like comparing stork to butter and it doesn't do it justice. "amazing - to fill with great surprise" well it didn't and most of you who read Kristen Ashley know that there is no surprise in her plot, writing, characters and the emotion you feel when you read her stories.

this is a well detailed modern fairytale, with baddies, goodies, a prince, a fairy godm
AprilA
4.5 stars! I love KA. Let's just get that said off the bat. I still struggled with his marriage and my heart went out to Fiona who had to let her love go from the beyond. That would not be easy. Writing a story like that would be hard! But KA did it with her usual greatness!
Ginette
Well this has to be one of the most heartbreaking story I've ever read! A true Cinderella story & with the happy HEA. Classic!
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Fairytale Come Alive (Book #4) (Spoilers Possible) 102 668 Mar 20, 2015 08:46PM
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Tall, Dark & Heartless (Pyte/Sentinel, #3)
  • Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Restoring Hope
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Forever Freed
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Tallchief
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Kulti
  • Finding Grace
  • Heller's Punishment (Heller, #4)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley...

Ghosts and Reincarnation (5 books)
  • Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1)
  • Sommersgate House (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #2)
  • Lacybourne Manor (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #3)
  • Lucky Stars (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #5)
Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)

“You know you, two can snog in the kitchen. It will be sick, but we'll get used to it.” 3 likes
“You’d throw yourself in front of a bus for me.”

She would and he knew it.He knew it and she knew that he felt that knowledge burrow deep and he liked it.

Elle felt tears stinging the backs of her eyes, her body melted into his,her arms tightened around him and she whispered back, “Yes,Pren,though I hope I never get the
chance.”