Start by marking “Nightfire” as Want to Read:
Nightfire
Preview

Nightfire

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  7 reviews
When a murder shakes the small town of Peninsula, all eyes are on Olivia Townsend. She may look eighteen, but the townspeople can sense there’s something darker hiding behind her pretty eyes. Olivia knows the smart thing to do is to get out of town. Suspicious neighbors can only mean trouble for a vampire. But leaving becomes much more difficult when William, a mysterious ...more
ebook
Published May 4th 2012 by Musa Publishing (first published May 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nightfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightfire

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Vampire Books
17th out of 327 books — 150 voters
My Blood Approves by Amanda HockingFlutter by Amanda HockingFate by Amanda HockingWisdom by Amanda HockingSwitched by Amanda Hocking
Paranormal Romance Ebooks
118th out of 256 books — 232 voters

More lists with this book...

Wanda
WOW, what an awesome read! I didn't want to stop reading it.

All of the characters were nicely developed, complicated, and likeable. As a reader, I could feel their struggles. The emotions in the story were nicely written and not overly done.

Each person we meet comes into our lives for a reason. Olivia is used to living on her own. She believes she is the only one of her kind and she's lonely, but gets by. Then, she meets William, Jesse, and Jane and her inner turmoil begins.

Why is her soul so a
Lani
I recieved this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

In Nightfire, we meet Olivia, a lone vampire living in a small town. Shes been a vampire for over 100 years and has never met another of her kind. She lives a solitary existence, keeping to herself to avoid the suspicions of the towns human population. When a local murder occurs, all eyes turn to her.

William is new to town, housesitting for his Uncle who is away. Tagging along with him for the Summer are Williams gi
Michael Offutt
I just finished Alyson Burdette's Nightfire, and I have to say that this is one of the best vampire books I have ever read. I read Anita Blake (Laurel K. Hamilton), Anne Rice (Lestat), and have read the first book in the Twilight series so it's not like I'm a stranger to vampire fiction.

What I loved:

1) Olivia. She's an amazing and refreshing protagonist. This is a vampire novel told from the female point-of-view (as a vampire and something else). I'm going to leave the "something else" as a spoi
NayNay
This is a mix of romance and suspense, which I like. The storyline was well put together, with characters that are well developed, it all jumped off the pages.
If you like romantic suspense, you'll enjoy this book. Just make sure you set time aside so you can read it from start to finish, because you will not be able to put it down.

I recieved this book from the author for an honest review....Thank-you Alyson Burdette you took me away, gave me new friends, and I really enjoyed myself.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
This isn't your typical vampire story. Yes there are traditional vampires in but their other breeds of vampires. This is what makes this book so interesting. It defies the norms and breaks with traditions in vampire lore. These vampires can walk in the sun and have culture, histories, and form of government as well. Here are my thoughts:

Olivia became a monster over hundred years ago yet despises her existence because of the Hunger that she must feed. She lives in a rural town in Ohio and enjoys
Cheap and Lazy
In addition to well-developed characters and an interesting plot, this book had several intriguing aspects. The prose is remarkably lovely. The author's treatment of Olivia is refreshing. Since everything is from her point of view, you would think it would be easy to sympathize with her. It wasn't for me. Sure, I can give her the monster bit, it's not her fault. But the choices she does make bother me, which is intriguing in itself, and I do care about what happens to her because I can see no go ...more
Ginnifer
I really hope she writes another book!
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
Oct 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jun 02, 2013
Matthew Dudley
Matthew Dudley marked it as to-read
Anne Lehradt
Anne Lehradt marked it as to-read
Dominic
Dominic marked it as to-read
Lisa Emery
Lisa Emery marked it as to-read
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jenaya
Jenaya marked it as to-read
Danyca
Danyca marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Tiffany Parker
Tiffany Parker marked it as to-read
Cathy Smith
Cathy Smith marked it as to-read
Ava Curtis
Ava Curtis marked it as to-read
Kaitlynn
Kaitlynn marked it as to-read
Dale
Dale marked it as to-read
  • Icy Passage
  • The Coffee Shop
  • Threads of Faith
  • Dreamwalker
  • Normalish
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Finding Grace
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family Series, #2)
  • A Good Student
  • Steeled for Murder (A Jesse Damon Crime Novel, #1)
  • Legacy
  • Sebastian's Poet
  • Choose Well To Live Well:The Five Fundamentals to Create a Fit, Healthy and Strong Body and Mind
  • Switch
  • Ultimate Betrayals
  • The Girl Who Remembered Horses
  • The Claiming of Moira Shine
  • Hammer Down (Children of the Undying, #1)