Start by marking “Bloodrush” as Want to Read:

David Rucker wakes up to a scene of shocking violence. Blood and body parts are everywhere. At first, he has no memory of who he is or how he wound up unconscious in the midst of all this carnage. The mental fog engulfing him begins to clear and recognition dawns. The bodies of the dead belonged to people he loved. As he absorbs this information, a series of increasingly d ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodrush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodrush

Paul Nelson
Aug 10, 2015 Paul Nelson rated it it was ok
Now Vampire stories fall in two tidy little boxes in my world, you have the ones to be avoided at all cost, the ones that focus on the lovey dovey smutley side of things in Twilightesque fashion.

And the ones where vampires are violent animals, killers with no remorse that can jump in trampolining stylie to the top of buildings with 30 days of night on the mind.

So Twilight or 30 days.

Well I have to say Bryan Smith has veered toward Twilight and its taken him well under 30 days to get there, unfor
Ms. Nikki
1 Star
I totally disliked this unrealistic book and am disappointed that the author did not, I'm assuming, write to the best of his ability. If someone handed me this book and told me it was from an anonymous author, I would have given it 2 stars for a first time author.
From the first page you get self indulgent writing.
David is a guy who is out shopping for a ring for his girlfriend Janine. "His gaze drifted to the white price tag beside it. Written in blue ink was a figure so astronomica
Benjamin Uminsky
Jul 11, 2011 Benjamin Uminsky rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This is now my second Smith title that I have read and reviewed, and at this point, I can safely say that I am simply not a fan. Although I rated his previous work DARK ONES at one star, I gave him a bit of a pass because it was my introduction to his work and I didn't want to be overly critical in my assessment.

Well... I think at this point, I firmly understand what kind of writer Smith is and the things I really don't like about BLOODRUSH and DARK ONES. As a positive though... I did feel like
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of David. He wakes up to a scene of slaughter. Body parts and blood are everywhere. his girlfriend and her family have been massacred and he has no recollection of how he got there or what happened.... Slowly things come back to him and he realizes he has become a ferocious killer, a vampire. How did he get to this place in his life?

If you have read Bryan Smith before then this story will come as no surprise. If you like your horror on the dark side and unrelenting and you have
Apr 17, 2012 Kris43 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, vampire
If you think:
-setting up the scene is a unnecessary drag,
-more horror means higher piles of body's,
-every scene should be stuffed with dismembered body parts, preferably naked ones,
-motives for characters actions are not important,
-having a plot is boring....

then you're going to love this!

From the moment you start this book you find your self in the center of carnage and it doesn't ease up until the end. First few scenes i was like really shocked and wondered what is happening and so on. Then
Aug 09, 2015 Steven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, 2015-read
An excellent story but incomplete. Boy meets hot sexy lascivious cruel powerful vampire, boy falls in lust with conflicted feelings--humanity vs vampiric sensuality, hot vampire vs hot but bland girlfriend. Unfortunately, after the story begins, it abruptly ends. Add 200 pages, and this could have been better.
Shane Riehl
Jul 25, 2011 Shane Riehl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another great book by bryan smith. though he could have gone further would love to know what happened to david and janine.
The ending of this book made me mad. Granted, some of my favorite books have endings that are the opposite of what I want because I'm often rooting for the real villain of the story and for that truly unhappily ever after ending.

If you think all vampire tales have been told - are the same, then drink this one in and be both surprised and shocked. Not for the faint of heart it's much more realistic in it's horror than the typical "vampire" story. I mean, they are monsters after all...

When your d
William M.
Jul 10, 2013 William M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, suspense
Bloodrush has an interesting setup with a mysterious and dangerous female antagonist. However, once her motivation and events begin to unfold, the story seemed too familiar and predictable for me. Author Brian Smith is effective at moving the pace and painting graphic descriptions, but ultimately this feels like standard genre fare sprinkled with a handful of suspenseful moments.

The main character's psychological torment was the strongest element of the story and it is the main reason to pick th
Aug 11, 2015 Letitia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Having read quite a few of Bryan Smith's novels, I am definitely becoming a fan.
I began Bloodrush with enthusiasm, ready for the debauchery I've come to expect from the author.

Well, I got the debauchery part, but that is really all this book is.
The story is uninspired, dull and predictable.
There is gore and blood aplenty, but nothing to fill it out and make it worth reading.

I didn't buy the unrealistic elements either.
Teleportation? Nope, sorry.

A big disappointment from an author I really like
Adrian (
Bloody great

I'll start off by saying that vamp books are not my favourite. However, when I heard that Bryan Smith had just released this I was all ears. This is how vampire books should be: bloody and brutal with some sex on the side. It follows the story of two vamps. One just recently turned and slowly coming around to the idea of leaving his love behind. The action scenes are superb, the prose tight. My only regret was that I finished it too quickly. This I believe is one of Bryan's older boo
John R. Dailey Jr.

Hello, this is an okay little vampire story. Probably would have been better if it had been longer. Just not enough words. Thanks.
Dave Pope
Not a bad horror quick adrenaline rush of a read. When you're in the mood for some horror comic book gore this should hit the spot - nothing more than that and nothing less either.
reburns rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Ray Bliss
Ray Bliss rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Jan 26, 2015 Bryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but sick
Dk rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2011
Diana rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Chris Griffiths
Chris Griffiths rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Sandi rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Johnny morrison
Johnny morrison rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Elena rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Aaron rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2012
Ramtin rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Kurt rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2012
Brian Keene
Brian Keene rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Dennis Rooney
Dennis Rooney rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Ranlof rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Del McBride
Del McBride rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Cinabru Hoffmann
Cinabru Hoffmann rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Dagon Rising (Clickers #3)
  • Shifters