Start by marking “Loving Someone Extraordinary” as Want to Read:
Loving Someone Extraordinary

Loving Someone Extraordinary

Kevin knows Alex’s flaws better than most—after all, he’s been the man’s sidekick for two years now. And he’s been lusting after the hero for nearly as long, once he got over the overwhelming urge to beat Alex over the head with something. Unfortunately, the urge still reappears on occasion, and their latest case is stretching both of their tempers to the limits. So the la ...more
Published November 20th 2011 by Amber Quill Press (first published November 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Someone Extraordinary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Someone Extraordinary

Donna
Jan 29, 2017 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
A short "comic book" story that was entertaining in its own right! I found the MCs just the way I like them... snarky, lovable and badass! There was a surprise element that added a little mystery, but overall it was an ordinary, but enjoyable read!
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

A fun, mindless story for a rainy day. Don't examine the facts too closely and you'll get some laughs out of this cute superhero love story. Alex has some super powers and chases the bad guys while his sidekick Kevin stays home and works his computer magic which keeps Alex fairly safe. The two guys are fairly clueless about so much that the fumble their way to the top of the Superhuman Task Force which adds to their charm. Kevin and
Mantastic
Dec 27, 2011 Mantastic rated it really liked it
The name and blurb caught my attention right away. It sounded like a comic book serial come to life and I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed the two main characters as they were slightly exaggerated and clueless in parts of their lives but hyper-aware in others. I could almost imagine the thought/speech bubbles over their heads in a few scenes. The bad guy/crime was tied up relatively easy but followed the comic theme as well.

There is a fine line between comic-inspired and cheesy and this b
Smith Barney
Well! Oddly entertaining. Snappy dialogue, not bad man-loving, suspend-ur-f'ing-belief-it's-fiction-4-a-reason-storyline. Pleasantly enjoyable for being so short.
Phaney
Oct 17, 2012 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
Jeez, that was a good book. Well-written and everything, even down to the sex scene. And there was actual relationship going on, even if it featured the fulfilment of two years of pining rather than development.

What I really enjoyed was how casual these two treated each other. It was fun to watch them snipe and mock and insult. It also helped to avoid the usual stereotype I’d expected Kevin would conform to. He’s a geek, so he’d be weak, a bottom, shy, lacking confidence. The usual. Instead he’s
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
3.5 rounded up because it would have been a 4.5 if the ending had had a climactic scene. Unfortunately, the wonderful dramatic scene happened in the middle. Loved the characters, though, and the story, even though I really don't like superheroes much. I would love to see a sequel.

Happy ending? (view spoiler)
Meggie
Dec 08, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
This story was funny, but overall boring, too. The plot was rather simple, about two agents who worked together, a partners and fallen for each other not knowing each felt the same. Something was missing in this story...sure the attraction was there, but nothing else.
jules0623
Rachel Emily
OK story...I thought the blurb sounded promising, but I got lost between the two characters figuring out who was who, and also...two years without knowing the other person was gay? Really?
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Don
Publisher: Amber Quill Press
Genre: M/M Paranormal Romance
Rated: 3 Heart

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com

Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Malachi
Malachi rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Driima
Driima rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
K
K rated it really liked it
May 25, 2014
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Ty Bellaby
Ty Bellaby rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
Helyn Fostanes
Helyn Fostanes rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Lada
Lada rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2011
Shan Duncan
Shan Duncan rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
Dea
Dea rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2012
J.i.c
J.i.c rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
AliciaJ
AliciaJ rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Kallunnah
Kallunnah rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2012
Pampulakorva
Pampulakorva rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Shadaeron
Shadaeron rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Susinok
Susinok rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012