Loving Someone Extraordinary

Loving Someone Extraordinary

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Kevin knows Alex’s flaws better than most—after all, he’s been the man’s sidekick for two years now. And he’s been lusting after the hero for nearly as long, once he got over the overwhelming urge to beat Alex over the head with something. Unfortunately, the urge still reappears on occasion, and their latest case is stretching both of their tempers to the limits. So the la...more
Published November 20th 2011 by Amber Quill Press (first published November 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Someone Extraordinary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Someone Extraordinary

Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

A fun, mindless story for a rainy day. Don't examine the facts too closely and you'll get some laughs out of this cute superhero love story. Alex has some super powers and chases the bad guys while his sidekick Kevin stays home and works his computer magic which keeps Alex fairly safe. The two guys are fairly clueless about so much that the fumble their way to the top of the Superhuman Task Force which adds to their charm. Kevin and...more
Smith Barney
Well! Oddly entertaining. Snappy dialogue, not bad man-loving, suspend-ur-f'ing-belief-it's-fiction-4-a-reason-storyline. Pleasantly enjoyable for being so short.
Mantastic
The name and blurb caught my attention right away. It sounded like a comic book serial come to life and I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed the two main characters as they were slightly exaggerated and clueless in parts of their lives but hyper-aware in others. I could almost imagine the thought/speech bubbles over their heads in a few scenes. The bad guy/crime was tied up relatively easy but followed the comic theme as well.

There is a fine line between comic-inspired and cheesy and this b...more
Phaney
Jeez, that was a good book. Well-written and everything, even down to the sex scene. And there was actual relationship going on, even if it featured the fulfilment of two years of pining rather than development.

What I really enjoyed was how casual these two treated each other. It was fun to watch them snipe and mock and insult. It also helped to avoid the usual stereotype I’d expected Kevin would conform to. He’s a geek, so he’d be weak, a bottom, shy, lacking confidence. The usual. Instead he’s...more
Kelly Maybedog
3.5 rounded up because it would have been a 4.5 if the ending had had a climactic scene. Unfortunately, the wonderful dramatic scene happened in the middle. Loved the characters, though, and the story, even though I really don't like superheroes much. I would love to see a sequel.

Happy ending? (view spoiler)
Meggie
This story was funny, but overall boring, too. The plot was rather simple, about two agents who worked together, a partners and fallen for each other not knowing each felt the same. Something was missing in this story...sure the attraction was there, but nothing else.
Rachel
OK story...I thought the blurb sounded promising, but I got lost between the two characters figuring out who was who, and also...two years without knowing the other person was gay? Really?
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Don
Publisher: Amber Quill Press
Genre: M/M Paranormal Romance
Rated: 3 Heart

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com

jules0623
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
MiMi Rae
MiMi Rae marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Verity
Verity marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Corigray333
Corigray333 marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Mirella
Mirella marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Gigi
Gigi added it
Sep 15, 2013
MariDAcanto
MariDAcanto marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013