Start by marking “The Angel Whispered Danger (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)” as Want to Read:
The Angel Whispered Danger (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)

The Angel Whispered Danger (Augusta Goodnight #4)

When Kate McBride returns to her hometown of Bishop's Bridge, North Carolina, for a family reunion, she expects questions about her husband's conspicuous absence. What she doesn't expect is murder.

Soon after arriving, Kate finds her great uncle's housekeeper, Ella Stegall, badly injured and incoherent, at the bottom of a wooded ravine after an apparent fall from a ledge. B
Published July 17th 2003 by Minotaur Books (first published December 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Angel Whispered Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel Whispered Danger

Mandolin
Augusta Goodnight, that strawberry scented guardian angel and sleuth, has a new temporary assignment: Kate McBride, a young mother on her way to a large family reunion in North Carolina. Kate is at the end of her rope, estranged from her husband and unhappy at the prospect of a possible divorce, all stemming from the rift that was caused by her recent miscarriage. Even worse, her daughter Josie is giving her the silent treatment, placing the blame for Kate's failing marriage squarely on Kate's s ...more
Sharon
Mar 05, 2015 Sharon rated it liked it
An angel (Augusta Goodnight) appears to help Kate McBride as she travels to a family reunion with her daughter, Josie who is going through a difficult time as she tries to understand the increasing distance between her parents. Kate, too, is dealing with mixed emotions because her husband has grown more and more distant since the miscarriage of a second child and has gone to a conference on the other side of the country. Soon after arrival at their destination, Kate's uncle's elderly housekeeper ...more
Susan
Jan 17, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
I grabbed this book at the library because this month we have to make suggestions for this year's mystery book read & I had never read this author. It was easy & quick reading. I have an angel collection, and fascination with angels in general. And two angels made an appearance in this book. It was light entertainment.
Betsy
Jan 18, 2015 Betsy rated it it was ok
If I had read this Augusta Goodnight first, I would never have read anymore of them. This is the worst one that I have read. The characters were totally uninteresting. There was nothing "cozy" about it, and introducing all the drama which comes very close to melodrama into the story really detracts from the mystery. I kept waiting for the last page,and it seemed to take forever.
Jane
Dec 19, 2011 Jane rated it liked it
I thought this was a cute premise - a guardian angel named Augusta Goodnight appears to help those she has appointed to help in times of trouble. This story contains a wife separated from her husband, murder of an old housekeeper, and some mildly eccentric relatives gathered for a family reunion.
Joyce
Apr 02, 2013 Joyce rated it liked it
This was a good book. I guessed the murderer early but there was a twist to it that was unexpected. This is a light mystery. I have read others by this author and plan to read more from the Augusta Goodnight series.
Dallas Hayden
Jun 27, 2014 Dallas Hayden rated it it was amazing
Good book. I enjoyed the back story and the way in which the concept of angels was handled. Definitely a lot of mysterious elements which kept me engaged.
Michelle
May 28, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
This one of the series was interesting with the family history interwoven in the mystery. I had figured out "whodunit" but there was an unexpected twist. Fun.
Diane
Oct 15, 2009 Diane rated it it was ok
Mystery "lite" with artificial sweeteners added.
Karen
Feb 17, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
A good cozy mystery featuring an Angel and her apprentice. A nice, light read
Anita Scroggins
Anita Scroggins rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
David
David rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2017
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
May 24, 2017
Janelle Read
Janelle Read rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Rserbins
Rserbins rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2009
Janis
Janis rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2010
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Lexi Dacy
Lexi Dacy rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2017
BZ George
BZ George rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Clark
Clark rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
Candace
Candace rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2009
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
May 31, 2012
Wendy Crimson
Wendy Crimson rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Lena Schulze
Lena Schulze rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Mary  (Biblophile)
Mary (Biblophile) rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2009
Delores Alger
Delores Alger rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2011
Sue Em
Sue Em rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
K
K rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Angel Whispered Danger - 14th May Book 1 3 May 29, 2013 10:27AM
  • Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #10)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet (Biggie Weatherford, #6)
  • Angel Interrupted
  • Merry, Merry Ghost (Bailey Ruth, #2)
  • The Replacement Child (Gil Montoya Mystery #1)
  • Malice Domestic 5 (Malice Domestic, #5)
  • The Corporal Works of Murder (Sister Mary Helen, #10)
  • The Brush-Off: A Hair-Raising Mystery
  • The Vaults
  • Stop This Man! (Hard Case Crime #58)
  • Dolly Departed (Gretchen Birch, #3)
Mignon Franklin Ballard grew up in a small town in Georgia, and now lives in Fort Mill, South Carolina.
More about Mignon F. Ballard...

Augusta Goodnight (7 books)
  • Angel at Troublesome Creek (Augusta Goodnight #1)
  • An Angel to Die For (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • Shadow of an Angel (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • Too Late for Angels (Augusta Goodnight Mysteries, No. 5)
  • Hark! The Herald Angel Screamed (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • The Angel and the Jabberwocky Murders (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)