Start by marking “Advanced Web Metrics With Google Analytics” as Want to Read:
Advanced Web Metrics With Google Analytics

Advanced Web Metrics With Google Analytics

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Packed with insider tips and tricks, this how-to guide is fully revised to cover the latest version of Google Analytics and shows you how to implement proven Web analytics methods and concepts.This second edition of the bestselling "Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics" is the perfect book for marketers, vendors, consultants, and Webmasters who want to learn the inst...more
ebook, Second Edition, 440 pages
Published February 18th 2010 by Sybex (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Advanced Web Metrics With Google Analytics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Advanced Web Metrics With Google Analytics

Cameron
Who wouldn't want to read this book? Okay, well, since I know that no one will ever read this review, I would like to point out that this is the best book on Google Analytics I have read. I think it's also the only one. I will conclude this incoherent review by pointing out that if you are actually still reading this, you are also somewhat pathetic. But not as pathetic as I am :)
Debra Oyler
Dec 09, 2009 Debra Oyler is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting so far and a little scary, Google has so much influence but seem to value engineering and objective data over anything else, equating popularity (number of hits) with value(of information). And then there are those pesky "overlooked " copyright issues....
Joe Tippetts
If you're interested in website analytics (specifically Google Analytics), this is a great foundation book. It teaches you how to measure every aspect of your website so you know how to optimize it for whatever goals you have.
سارة
recommended for people trying to make it in online marketing
Brian Clifton
I am the author so I am bias...! I wanted to post some further info on what the book aims to achieve and who is is aimed at. The following text is for the second edition.

[ The companion website is www.advanced-web-metrics.com :]

What You Will Learn From This Book

You will learn how to implement and use Google Analytics in a best-practice way. I deliberately emphasize the word use because this is the primary purpose of this book. That is, you will learn how to leverage Google Analytics to optimize...more
John Orman
This tome tells all about using Google Analytics to improve your website, your brand, and your bottom line.
This 2012 edition includes social media, visitors, flow, and multi-channel funnels.
Clifton shows Webmasters how to obtain metrics on their websites--daily visitors, average registration/purchase rate, average visit time, geographic distribution of visitors, and many more statistics.
Quite a fascinating read with quite a few complicated tables and graphs, but without much mathematics or equat...more
Liz
Published in 2012 and it is ALREADY out dated. :( That is web analytic though. There is however a LOT of really great basic information here that is still very relevant. I like that he discusses not jut reporting, but proper coding and set up which is critical for good reporting.

It was a great refresher as I start to build out a new web analytics dashboard. I agree with the author that for reporting out, you ha to have a dashboard outside of you analytics platform to share with marketing and upp...more
Robert
Very helpful book, but a generation out of date. Does not cover universal analytics or the new user ID collection but is a great foundation as long as you know this. I'll buy the next edition when/if it becomes available.
Randy
A couple parts of chapter 11 are already out of date, but the new information can be found online. Things just evolve so fast in the Internet world.

I think I'm prepared for the certification test now, but I've already been applying what I've learned.

Chris Sanfilippo
This was not a bad analytics book. It covered a lot of basic Google Analytics information. I wish it would have provided more case studies for using the advanced features. The part that I found most useful was the goal and event tracking section.
Andrew Rangel
Jun 13, 2012 Andrew Rangel is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just bought the third version on my iPad and I am looking forward to reading it. I have read 1/2 way through the 2nd version, but it was across a few months. So I figured I might as well start from the beginning of this one.
Julia Serafina
A comprehensive overview of how to set up, customise and get the most out of Google Analytic's including best use for the 100 plus reports that can be generated for measurement purposes.
Kama
It helped get me certified in Google Analytics. However, with the changes Google has made, the book is going to need an update. Now.
Mo Tipton
Whew, super boring (well, to me anyway), but loads of good info.
Matej Latin
Jul 16, 2012 Matej Latin is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently reading the 3rd edition. So far so good.
Don Richards
Oct 05, 2012 Don Richards is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It is interesting. Very informative.
Radim
Radim marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jona
Jona is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2014
Jo Grimstad
Jo Grimstad marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Bryan
Bryan added it
Sep 07, 2014
Bryan
Bryan added it
Sep 07, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
  • Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
  • The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • Defensive Design for the Web: How to Improve Error Messages, Help, Forms, and Other Crisis Points
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Content Strategy for the Web (Voices That Matter)
  • Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization (Que Biz-Tech)
  • The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff: Tap Online Social Networks to Build ... Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff
  • Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy Is Your Business Strategy
  • Prioritizing Web Usability
  • Marketing Metrics: 50+ Metrics Every Executive Should Master
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking
  • Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web
  • Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • Mental Models: Aligning Design Strategy with Human Behavior
Advanced Web Metrics Mit Google Analytics Praxis Handbuch Drahomir (A Liliphim Novel) Rain (A Liliphim Novel) Drahomir: A Liliphim Novel Rain: A Liliphim Novel