Start by marking “Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)

Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs #1)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In a high-security prison on future Earth, Thyme has fallen for convict Ross. After release, he plans to extend his punishment by signing on as manager of a lab on an uninhabited planet. Thyme believes Ross deserves a second chance. The only way to convince this wounded alien crossbreed that he’s meant to be loved is to follow him to the planet.Ross knows the potential for ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published October 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Doing Thyme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doing Thyme

Linda
Jan 18, 2015 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that love Science Fiction Romance!
OK, let me say I love Ms. Hill's "Horsemen" series so I have read other books by her! I enjoyed this short story (took me about an hour and a half to read) and be warned that this story is HOT (set your panties on fire HOT) so if you don't like that kind of read don't pick it up!

Even with all the HOT parts of the story there was a pretty good story line and I will be checking out the other books in this series by Kate Hill.
Christine
This short novel knocked me off my feet. It was short but had all components of sweetness, romance, a broken warrior and erotica.

Ross: He needed someone to believe in him even if he didn't realise that. He was beautiful. Ok he was steamy smothered in hotness and smothered in do-me-now sauce!

Thyme: She knew what she wanted and went for it. Her career be damned, one man was worth losing it all over.

Loved this read. It's a short read so why not just get it and read it for yourself?

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Ross Lovell has been in prison for the last five years. He meets with his counselor every week behind black glass yet he knows his counselor's a woman. He's soon getting out of prison going to lone planet to work in solitude away from other people. Thyme Westcott has been Ross Lovell's counselor and secretly in love with him. She's been trying to talk him out of his planned job assignment but to no avail. So Thyme hatches a plan to be on the planet when Ross arrives. She thought she had fooled R ...more
Marisella
Kelly
I like sexy sci-fi and I really feel like I should have liked this story a whole lot more than I did but... it didn't quite work for me. I honestly couldn't figure out how Thyme justified that stalking Ross and following him to a different planet wasn't a teeny, tiny bit beyond the realm of what normal people do. The sex was nice, don't get me wrong, I just couldn't get past her actions. Still... sexy sci-fi. Yay!

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 10/29/12 for the Why Buy the Cow?
Crystal
I truly loved this book. I believe that he just needed someone to believe in him like Thyme did.

I would love to be the only two people on a planet. It might get a little boring but I could do whatever I wanted. I loved the way the book was written and how the story went.
Cathy McAllister
Didn't like the h and there was not really a story. It started not to bad, but the rest was ... I don't know. As I said, there was not really a story. It was boring and at the end I skipped the pages to finish it.
Djg
Doing Thyme by Kate Hill
2 1/2 stars really. It started out good but the story and characters were uneven.
Kelli Scott
Sexy little space romp.
Lindsay
Oct 29, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 10/29/2012
Svetlana
Svetlana marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Catherine A.
Catherine A. marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Ani Gonzalez
Ani Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Kara Blake
Kara Blake marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
1anujazz
1anujazz marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Daniellawyatt
Daniellawyatt marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Water
Water added it
Jan 16, 2015
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • One Thousand Brides (Star Brides, #1)
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Roped
  • Moon Lust (Moon Lust, #1)
  • Sex Traders (Sex Slaves, #1)
  • The Lawgivers: Gabriel
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • Daryk Hunter (Daryk World, #1)
  • The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation, #1)
  • Besieged (Vikings Underground, #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Jewels of the Nile Volume I
  • Desperate and Dateless (Montague Vampires, #0.5)
  • Embraced by a Warrior (Warrior Hunger, #1)
  • Sapphire (Galaxy Playmates #1)
  • Undone Rebel (Undone Lovers, #1)
  • Embracing Silence (Project Alpha, #1)
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets.

She enjoys hearing
More about Kate Hill...

Alien Affairs (4 books)
  • Moonlight on Water (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • Menage a Tasia (Alien Affairs, #3)
  • Pandora's Box (Alien Affairs, #4)
Dream Stallion (Horsemen, #1) Captive Stallion (Horsemen, #2) Highland Stallion (Horsemen, #3) Torn (Knights of the Ruby Order, #1) Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)