Start by marking “Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)

Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs #1)

In a high-security prison on future Earth, Thyme has fallen for convict Ross. After release, he plans to extend his punishment by signing on as manager of a lab on an uninhabited planet. Thyme believes Ross deserves a second chance. The only way to convince this wounded alien crossbreed that he’s meant to be loved is to follow him to the planet.Ross knows the potential for ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published October 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Doing Thyme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doing Thyme

Cathy McAllister
Didn't like the h and there was not really a story. It started not to bad, but the rest was ... I don't know. As I said, there was not really a story. It was boring and at the end I skipped the pages to finish it.
Oct 31, 2015 Lyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading the second book in this series Moonlight Over Water and was feeling confused about the history of the alien crossbreeding. I figured since this was the first book in the series I'd give it a try in hopes of getting some clarification. It was an okay read. I found myself skimming through a lot of the sex scenes. I love a steamy read but there's just so much sex you can read in a 50 page short story. At least I got the better understanding about the whole alien crossbreeding and ...more
Jan 18, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that love Science Fiction Romance!
OK, let me say I love Ms. Hill's "Horsemen" series so I have read other books by her! I enjoyed this short story (took me about an hour and a half to read) and be warned that this story is HOT (set your panties on fire HOT) so if you don't like that kind of read don't pick it up!

Even with all the HOT parts of the story there was a pretty good story line and I will be checking out the other books in this series by Kate Hill.
Feb 15, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short novel knocked me off my feet. It was short but had all components of sweetness, romance, a broken warrior and erotica.

Ross: He needed someone to believe in him even if he didn't realise that. He was beautiful. Ok he was steamy smothered in hotness and smothered in do-me-now sauce!

Thyme: She knew what she wanted and went for it. Her career be damned, one man was worth losing it all over.

Loved this read. It's a short read so why not just get it and read it for yourself?

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jan 14, 2013 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
Ross Lovell has been in prison for the last five years. He meets with his counselor every week behind black glass yet he knows his counselor's a woman. He's soon getting out of prison going to lone planet to work in solitude away from other people. Thyme Westcott has been Ross Lovell's counselor and secretly in love with him. She's been trying to talk him out of his planned job assignment but to no avail. So Thyme hatches a plan to be on the planet when Ross arrives. She thought she had fooled R ...more
I like sexy sci-fi and I really feel like I should have liked this story a whole lot more than I did but... it didn't quite work for me. I honestly couldn't figure out how Thyme justified that stalking Ross and following him to a different planet wasn't a teeny, tiny bit beyond the realm of what normal people do. The sex was nice, don't get me wrong, I just couldn't get past her actions. Still... sexy sci-fi. Yay!

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 10/29/12 for the Why Buy the Cow?
Brutally Honest
A short and sweet story. Maybe just one sex scene too many, but other than that it was good.
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Shelves: ellora-s-cave
68pgs, Ellora's Cave
Oct 31, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly loved this book. I believe that he just needed someone to believe in him like Thyme did.

I would love to be the only two people on a planet. It might get a little boring but I could do whatever I wanted. I loved the way the book was written and how the story went.
Nov 15, 2012 Djg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doing Thyme by Kate Hill
2 1/2 stars really. It started out good but the story and characters were uneven.
Kelli Scott
May 26, 2013 Kelli Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy little space romp.
Oct 29, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 10/29/2012
Jaded Dragon
Jaded Dragon marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Beth added it
Oct 20, 2016
Eric marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
christinapeyton marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Angela Brooks
Angela Brooks rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Sandi marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
heather gardner
heather gardner rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2016
Richard dick
Richard dick marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2016
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
R marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
BooksForHope marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Miku marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
sharon e hochstetler
sharon e hochstetler marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Helen Jessica Mays
Helen Jessica Mays marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Leyla marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Moon Lust (Moon Lust, #1)
  • Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations, #1)
  • Zylan Captive (Zylar's Moons, #1)
  • Red Run
  • Dragons of the Dawn (Dragonshifters, #2)
  • Silver Tongued Devils
  • Sex Traders (Sex Slaves, #1)
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Jewels of the Nile Volume I
  • Roped
  • One Thousand Brides (Star Brides, #1)
  • Captive Surrender
  • Undone Rebel (Undone Lovers, #1)
  • Illumination (Cyberevolution, #5)
  • Megan's Men
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets.

She enjoys hearing
More about Kate Hill...

Alien Affairs (4 books)
  • Moonlight on Water (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • Menage a Tasia (Alien Affairs, #3)
  • Pandora's Box (Alien Affairs, #4)