Start by marking “Sins of Summer Anthology (The Seven Deadly Sins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sins of Summer Anthology (The Seven Deadly Sins, #1)

Sins of Summer Anthology (The Seven Deadly Sins #1)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Mayze - Lust...

Jas's joy at being reunited with his sister is short lived when one night she is murdered by a madman-a madman his foster brother claims is a vampire. Sent out on a mission to find a monster, Jas meets Mayze, and he's like no one he's ever met before. Is he the monster who killed his sister, or could he just be the answer to his prayers?

Burnt Island - Jealou
Published October 24th 2011 by Total-E-Bound (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sins of Summer Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of Summer Anthology

Lena Grey
Sep 30, 2011 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Mayze' by D.J.Manly

I don't normally think of a vampire as being a hero, but in 'Mayze' by D.J. Manly, that's exactly the case. Mayze may be a creature of the night, but he's also hell bent on saving humans from what he considers a fate worse than death—living forever. When Thanatos, the vampire who turned Mayze against his will, goes on an irresponsible killing spree, Mayze sets out to stop him. Imagine his surprise when he meets Jas in a gay bar who is proclaiming he's hunting for a vampire.

D.
Serena Yates
Aug 01, 2011 Serena Yates added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me, gay
Out today, this super-hot anthology of 3 m/m stories comes with a serious health warning: Do not read without a supply of iced drinks at the ready. A fan, or even air conditioning, may come in handy as well.

Only one of the stories is mine, the other two are written by the brilliant DJ Manly and the amazing AJ Llewellyn.

Go check it out! I hope you will enjoy reading these tales as much as we loved writing them.
Enny
Aug 11, 2011 Enny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As it is so often the case with anthologies, this was a very mixed bag. DJ Manly's story was a fantastic vampire story (I would've give it 5 stars for the forward alone). AJ Llewellyn's story had one of the most unlikely and silly plots I've ever read (2 stars). Serena Yates' story is nice and well-written but rather conventional (4 stars).
Betryal
Aug 06, 2011 Betryal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Each of the three stories contained in this antho gave you one to enjoy. The trio of writers made a great team for this one although I wish the stories were longer...was still very good.
Janean
Oct 16, 2011 Janean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Janean by: Bookaddict
What can I say, I enjoyed each of these stories. Each author had an interesting take on the sin that they wrote about that kept me interested and entertained.
ElaineY
Oct 21, 2011 ElaineY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, anthology
I liked the first two stories though both still fell short of satisfying. Of the two, I preferred D J Manly's offering. Mayze (I couldn't help picturing corn-on-the-cob "maize" :P) was a compelling, intriguing and irresistible vampire hero. I don't read much paranormal and when I do, vampires and werewolves are about as far as I'll go. And when I do feel like a vampire, I like them dark and irresistible with the power to make want to submit. And this Mayze most certainly was. And did.

So
L-D
This anthology had 3 different shorts/novellas and I enjoyed them all.

Mayze: About 4 stars. I enjoyed this take on vampires and vampire hunters. While the "evil soulless" vampire genre and the "hot sexy" vampire genre have both been done, this story combines the two rather effectively. Jas, a Bosnian immigrant has made a life for himself in America. After nearly 20 years away from his family, he is finally reunited with his older sister until one night ends his short-lived happiness.

Burnt Islan
Amanda Deniger
Amanda Deniger marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Sarina
Sarina marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Albertcamus
Albertcamus marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Feb 01, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Jan 26, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Nov 30, 2014
Dustin Hall
Dustin Hall marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Nita
Nita marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 10, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 26, 2014
Sabyul
Sabyul rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Hell Cop 2
  • Gaymes
  • Wishing on a Blue Star
  • Friction
  • Make Me a Match, vol. 2 (Make Me a Match)
  • British Flash: A revealing collection of short LGBT fiction
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One
  • Men Under the Mistletoe
  • Games In The Dark
  • Christmas Delights
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...

The Seven Deadly Sins (4 books)
  • Sins of Autumn Anthology (The Seven Deadly Sins)
  • Sins of Winter Anthology (The Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • Sins of Spring Anthology (The Seven Deadly Sins, #4)